Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
No offense, but I think this is garbage.

No team in the league could overcome the level of ineptitude you people heap on our defense. If our system was that amazing, so amazing that you could throw out "3 JAGS and a lucky to be 3rd pair Smurf" and be the best defensive team in the league, everyone would do it.

And while Bergeron is great, he plays primarily with McAvoy. Our other 3 centers all rate below average defensively and that's who the defense spends the majority of their time on the ice with.

That may be what they are this year. Carlo has had a challenging year by his standards. His potential should be to carry a 2nd pair but have not seen it often this season. #3-4.
Forbort is effective at what he does, limited elsewhere, a steady #4-5.
Clifton is JAG. #6-7.
Reilly is JAG. #5-6.
Moore is JAG. #6-7.
Vaak and Zboril are to be determined. They have potential, with health.
McAvoy is a franchise defenseman.
Gryz is elite at his strengths - his ability to skate and move the puck are phenomenal. Yet has his own weaknesses. #3-4 depending on the viewer's opinion of his strengths and weaknesses.

Add a true top 4 left defenseman, bench Reilly, and it suddenly looks astonishingly better. I don't know how it can be called anything other than strong system play.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Mike Reilly had 4 points in 10 games, was +3 and played 21:29 in the playoffs last year.

He was on the ice for 123 shots for, and only 90 against. (Ratio is 2nd only to McAvoy)
He was on the ice for 33 high danger chances for, and only 21 against. (Ratio is 2nd only to McAvoy)

He may have had an awful game, but he didn't have an awful playoffs. I'm beating a dead horse with this, but the wheels fell off when Carlo and Miller went down. You can't ask Reilly to carry Clifton or Tinordi in the second pair. Or to be a primary penalty killer. He's not a #2 and isn't paid like one.

Also, for all you folks that are so focused on size and snarl, you seem to constantly ignore the impact losing Carlo and Miller had on our defense. If size and snarl are soooo important (and I agree they are) then why don't you acknowledge how much it hurt us? Instead you blame the guys left holding the bag, who were asked to play roles they're not suited for.
When he first came over from Ottawa I was pleasantly surprised and even gave Sweeney his due ( hard for me to do ) that he pulled off a good . Come the Playoffs and I do not need stats I use my eyes and what I saw was not pretty and it has continued into this season .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I suspect its more system than anything, though. Even Krug never had license to roam and create in the offensive zone at even strength. I think the Bruins trade offense from the blue line for preventing odd man rushes on purpose as part of their team defense strategy.

I'm going to disagree with you there. McAvoy loves to carry the puck down the wall and attack the net from the goal line. They even have a face-off play for it. Reilly loves to carry it behind the net too. And when Mac and Gryz are on the blue line together you can't tell what position anyone plays, it's swirling and movement, it's the prettiest hockey I've ever seen.

I think they lack numbers from the blue line because A) their offensive defensemen are passers, not shooters and B) they are not a great team at deflections and tips (because when those pass-first D do decide to shoot the puck they're generally shooting for tips).

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
When he first came over from Ottawa I was pleasantly surprised and even gave Sweeney his due ( hard for me to do ) that he pulled off a good . Come the Playoffs and I do not need stats I use my eyes and what I saw was not pretty and it has continued into this season .

I don't understand this way of thinking. "I don't care that none of the recorded events that happened support my opinion, i think the opposite so it must be true" It's bananas.

Reactions: PlayMakers

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I am with you as I strongly think Vaak is going. In fact, if it wasn't for his most recent probable post-concussion problems I would
guarantee it.
Still shake my head that tool Parros thought that hit was ok.:mad:.Targetted hit all the way. Intent for sure to drive head into the glass.Anyhow hope here or elsewhere he never takes another hit like that.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I don't remember anyone saying that. People said he could replace his puck moving and was a better defender. I think both are true.

Also fwiw, Grzelcyk has as many ES points as Krug. He has the same amount of ES points per game over the last two years as well. Gryz has 6 ES goals in 88 games, Krug has 5 ES goals in 102 games.

The difference in their overall points is that Krug is on PP1 in STL and McAvoy is on PP1 here.
Well I remember. Not many, but some were justifying letting him walk since Gryz would pick up some of the slack. Pp is where puck moving Dman get most of their pts. Gryz just doesn’t produce enough.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Sweeney and his pro scout department are horrible. They finally start drafting decent these past two years and now are going to most likely give up their top kids plus this years valuable first rounder. I don’t trust this guy. He can’t trade for crap.
No the Hall trade was done by Hall.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I’m not going to fret if UV is moved for an upgrade but if Reilly is involved and Zboril walks…you’re looking kind of thin 6-8 on the defensive side.

Would hope Achan is considered instead

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sweeney and his pro scout department are horrible. They finally start drafting decent these past two years and now are going to most likely give up their top kids plus this years valuable first rounder. I don’t trust this guy. He can’t trade for crap.

Didn't realize Hall negotiated for the Sabres in that deal.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You need to be specific with a post like this. What top kids are you speaking of that they’re giving up (most likely).

If they trade their first rounder for someone like a re-signed Hertl/Lindholm or Chychrun is that really a bad move?

Reactions: Montecristo

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I posted this the other day...

1st, UV, DeBrusk and Reilly for Lindholm and Rakell.

When asked if Verbeek would consider moving Lindholm and Rakell while in a playoff hunt, he said, "Well, I can't lose them for nothing."

JDB and Reilly allow Anaheim to stay in the playoff hunt. They replace UFA's with guys under their control, and they get futures to help with the rebuild. What other team can offer them both roster players and futures?

I think that’s too much. Rakell and JDB are very close - with control (and I assume a conversation with his agent) it’s easily argued JDB has more value.

I don’t think Lindholm warrants a first, a young NHL ready defenseman, and an established defenseman.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Didn't realize Hall negotiated for the Sabres in that deal.

Yeah… Sweeney did a good job getting Hall. Why? Because he landed him… And now he’s a major part of our team.

Also, acquiring him maybe is the reason he re-signed here? He enjoyed playing in Boston. He would not have found that out if he wasn’t acquired.

Reactions: ON3M4N

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The taylor hall coming to Boston was one of my best. Ask anyone here. I'm a legend for it .

Was curious to see some of your other books....

DeBrusk for a Strome/Connolly package
DeBrusk for Strome
Patrice first goal scorer of the season (it was Marchand)
Boston would crush VGK (we lost 4-1)
DeBrusk to EDM (mild book it)
Studnicka makes the team and thrives
DeBrusk in a shark uniform (mild book it)
Sweeney signs a big time forward July 28th (if you count Haula and/or Foligno I guess)
Dvorak here with Hall
Studnicka will make the team
Coyle under 40pts (its possible, but Coyle is on pace for 41pts right now)
Getzlaf and Forbort sign with Boston (half right here)
Yandle to Boston
Krejci would return
Seattle selects Carey Price
Ritchie scores 20 goals with someone else
Kase plays over 50 games and scores 15 goals (still a shot at this one)
Dvorak for DeBrusk + Zboril + 2nd
Krejci signs for 2 more years
Hall for 1st + Steen + Bjork (got Hall and Bjork right)
Zboril will play McAvoy type minutes all season and playoffs
Zboril will be a Calder candidate
Zboril will score 10 goals this year
DeBrusk will score 30 goals

I'll be honest I got bored after about 10 minutes so I stopped.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad