Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wonder if it will be Lindholm and Comtois or Manson and Rakell. Maybe DeBrusk, Reilly, and more going Anaheim's way? This type of deal will still make Anaheim competitive.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not my prettiest table, but for anyone whose interested here is DeBrusk vs Rakell over the last 3 years at 5v5 and per/60

View attachment 514116

Also here is a look at their top 5 linemates over that same time period

View attachment 514119

I'd rather have Debrusk. Unless the value is derived from Debrusk leaving after the season as a free agent vs Rakell signing an extension.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is he an upgrade/better version of Forbort?

Middleton skates well. He's bigger than Forbort but lighter on his feet, a bit like Carlo. Middleton also moves the puck well. He's not throwing touchdown passes like Grzelcyk, but he has poise on breakouts and can delay and hit centers. He's an underrated passer IMO.

And he plays mean, he finishes his hits hard, he fights... he'd be a great addition.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
So Debrusk++ for Lindholm/Manson and Rakell/Comtois. The ++ seems like it would depend on which guys. No rental crew will love this lol.

I posted this the other day...

1st, UV, DeBrusk and Reilly for Lindholm and Rakell.

When asked if Verbeek would consider moving Lindholm and Rakell while in a playoff hunt, he said, "Well, I can't lose them for nothing."

JDB and Reilly allow Anaheim to stay in the playoff hunt. They replace UFA's with guys under their control, and they get futures to help with the rebuild. What other team can offer them both roster players and futures?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
A small update from Pierre LeBrun re: Tomas Hertl:

"[The Sharks] are hopeful. There's been an offer, a counter-offer, they're going back-and-forth. But, it's not done yet and when teams have called over the past week, asking about making an offer for Tomas Hertl, I'm told the Sharks response to teams was -- 'Hey, we're not taking offers right now. We're trying to get this guy signed.'

But, here's the other reality: The Sharks know they can't go right to March 21 on this contract negotiation. They probably need an answer about seven days out, so that if they can't sign him they pivot and properly explore the trade market."

Murphy & Haggs, so, you know, FWIW,

Report: Boston Bruins Showing Trade Interest In San Jose’s Middleton

Boston Bruins Still Among ‘Primary Suitors’ For Chychrun

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

When asked if Verbeek would consider moving Lindholm and Rakell while in a playoff hunt, he said, "Well, I can't lose them for nothing."

JDB and Reilly allow Anaheim to stay in the playoff hunt. They replace UFA's with guys under their control, and they get futures to help with the rebuild. What other team can offer them both roster players and futures?

If Lindholm and Rakell each stay in Boston that is a deal that should be done. Aneheim receives strong value as well.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The system is top five, not the individuals.

See, any games against Carolina where they surgically turn the system into a team of individuals who are utterly lost. With Carlo's regression specifically, it truly is McAvoy carrying the defense alone much of the time.

No offense, but I think this is garbage.

No team in the league could overcome the level of ineptitude you people heap on our defense. If our system was that amazing, so amazing that you could throw out "3 JAGS and a lucky to be 3rd pair Smurf" and be the best defensive team in the league, everyone would do it.

And while Bergeron is great, he plays primarily with McAvoy. Our other 3 centers all rate below average defensively and that's who the defense spends the majority of their time on the ice with.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts

I have fallen on the side for keeping the picks and futures cause i really didn't think it was possible to upgrade the roster with an in season trade deadline that would make them a real contender but if your trade scenario is close to what it costs then I don't see how they don't do it.

Reactions: PlayMakers

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think he’s the type of prospect we need. A center prospect with some upside, better than most of what we will get in the 2nd round.
this year and next year's draft you can get a much better prospect in the top 2-3 rounds. If they would do a prospect for prospect trade, I would be fine offering someone like Steen or Beecher for example.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I'll believe it when I see it.

The media tells everyone Lindholm is going to cost a 1st, 2nd and your best prospect (Lysell).

The deal comes out and it's a 2nd and Vaakanainen.

The medea then talks about what a great deal this is for Anaheim, and how they really looove UV and how he can step right into their lineup.

We've seen it over and over. Remember when Tkachuk would cost Kessel? Or Stone would cost Pasta? They didn't get a fraction of the price and the media still fawned over the prospect or how valuable the pick was in this draft.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I wonder if it will be Lindholm and Comtois or Manson and Rakell. Maybe DeBrusk, Reilly, and more going Anaheim's way? This type of deal will still make Anaheim competitive.
Till I see word "Official" I'm tempering my thoughts on rumors .Lots can change in a blink as next 11 days move by..Be nice though if Donny could get ahead of it and leave less for others maybe driving up prices

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Man, I have a hard time believing that UV is the LD that would be going back over certain college freshman. But, would be cool!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
A top four of

Lindholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo

is extremely exciting. If they can grab Rackell too he would fit in nice with Bergy and Marchy.
If the B's can get Lindholm and Rakell, could they also get Hertl and Middleton? Salary would have to go out for sure, DeBrusk being one of them, but that would be some sweet adds.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
All accounts are that Lindholm wants to go to FA. Concern would be him wanting $7M+ - how would the Bruins fit that? Everything is doable, but that's a big number.

Rakell is different - he's a guy who won't cost so much you wouldn't be happy sliding him down to 3RW once Lysell pops and earns a top 6 - next year or the year after when Smith expires.

I think it starts with including Reilly in the deal. Then you're 'only' adding $4-5m instead of $7-8m

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Man, I have a hard time believing that UV is the LD that would be going back over certain college freshman. But, would be cool!

UV gives them a player that can step right into lineup and contribute, and also next year because I doubt we see Lohrei in the NHL before then and maybe not even that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad