Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I wish there was a way to see a

Heinen — Hannoun — Heineman

line come together. I bet @Fenian24 would be a big fan.
upload_2022-2-15_11-5-30.png

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hope I explain this properly so here we go. I know everyone want the sexy names Hertl, Giroux and others, but I think the Bruins are in mid stream type of situation where they are still good enough to compete but need some help, but are getting to the point where a rebuild is possible. They are getting older, lack size and toughness . So this is what I propose . I would like to look into a Crouse , Chychrun type deal two young players that could help this team now and you have for the future good contract for one and the is RFA ,not the worst thing to deal with . I am seeing more posts for Josh Anderson ,I question why Montreal would want to move him but that is on them. I know his contract is a little high but he has what you need size ,speed and skill and at 27 you are getting younger. I think he would look good along side Bergey and Marchand with his size and speed he could make it a little easier for those two. I know this might not be the perfect way to go but I think you are accomplishing needs for this years team and the future .You can visit the sexy names in the off season...........

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
In 2019, the Bruins had a .625 win pct at the deadline and were trying to get by without Pastrnak who was out for several weeks. They added Coyle and Mojo and played .711 hockey down the stretch to finish with 107 points and you all know how things went in the playoffs.

In 2022, the Bruins have a .620 win pct and are currently trying to get by without Bergeron and Marchand. If 2019 is any indication Sweeney will be a buyer, and a couple good players could have a profound impact.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Foligno would top my “remove from roster” list. Reilly next. Sweeney has 10m+ (annually) tied up in players who could easily replaced by kids in provided at a 1/4 of the cost.
That's what bothers me most...

Instead of using the money to fill the positions of need (or banking the cap space to do so), he's consistently handcuffed himself with fringe players in the bottom half of the roster.

So is it... he is bad with money? Pro scouting advice is not good? Bad player management? Most NHL teams have a bad contract or 2... but Sweeney has consistently filling the bottom half of the roster with very replaceable players; then wondering why we have to "figure out" cap space to fill an actual position of need.

He signs over 12M in NHL level LD's over the past few seasons, WHILE the only place on the roster where we have/had players ready to step up. We have providence players to step into the bottom 6 in the forward roles, yet he overspends on depth forwards.

We all knew going into this past off season, as well as the future, our biggest needs were 1LD and 2C. Neither addressed, and both likely can't even be filled unless we shed a decent amount of cap space (not even including the assets to actually acquire said players).

Last edited:

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
In 2019, the Bruins had a .625 win pct at the deadline and were trying to get by without Pastrnak who was out for several weeks. They added Coyle and Mojo and played .711 hockey down the stretch to finish with 107 points and you all know how things went in the playoffs.

In 2022, the Bruins have a .620 win pct and are currently trying to get by without Bergeron and Marchand. If 2019 is any indication Sweeney will be a buyer, and a couple good players could have a profound impact.

2019 team had chemistry, and a core, and an identity.
This team doesn't have any of those things. Maybe it will click. But usually these things take time, so I'm not optimistic.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would love to bring in Chychrun in trade #1
I would love to bring in Hertl + Middleton in trade #2
Zero idea if we have the assets to make this happen. This is about 10 million in cap coming in
I assume we'd be losing Debrusk + Moore(cap dump) + 1st in 22/23 + 2nd in 22/23 + Studnicka + Vaak + Steen + Senyshyn? Likely more but I'm not good at predicting value......would love to dump Reilly and keep Vaak but likely not an option

Playoffs:
Marshy-Bergy-Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pasta
Frederic-Coyle-Haula
Blidh-Nosek-Lazar
Foligno

Chychrun-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-Middleton
Reilly-Clifton

Ullmark-Swayman

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
As far as I can see its quite obvious any additions need to be with an eye for making the team better now and going forward(Young & Term).

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Just as Toronto.
But I am not selling the farm to add to this team for the short term.

We could end up with some interesting names next month that none here have considered. Mid 20 NHL players.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I would love to bring in Chychrun in trade #1
I would love to bring in Hertl + Middleton in trade #2
Zero idea if we have the assets to make this happen. This is about 10 million in cap coming in
I assume we'd be losing Debrusk + Moore(cap dump) + 1st in 22/23 + 2nd in 22/23 + Studnicka + Vaak + Steen + Senyshyn? Likely more but I'm not good at predicting value......would love to dump Reilly and keep Vaak but likely not an option

Playoffs:
Marshy-Bergy-Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pasta
Frederic-Coyle-Haula
Blidh-Nosek-Lazar
Foligno

Chychrun-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-Middleton
Reilly-Clifton

Ullmark-Swayman

That's a lot of money to leave on the bench as extras: Foligno, Reilly and Clifton close to $8mill...dont think this will fly.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’d be pretty reluctant to give up a first this year. If Bergeron retires we need top round draft picks in the coming years.

Reactions: ylekot and bbfan419

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Josh Anderson:

Love the player.

Hate the contract. (Length)

Unfortunately these things go hand in hand. He's been injury prone as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope I explain this properly so here we go. I know everyone want the sexy names Hertl, Giroux and others, but I think the Bruins are in mid stream type of situation where they are still good enough to compete but need some help, but are getting to the point where a rebuild is possible. They are getting older, lack size and toughness . So this is what I propose . I would like to look into a Crouse , Chychrun type deal two young players that could help this team now and you have for the future good contract for one and the is RFA ,not the worst thing to deal with . I am seeing more posts for Josh Anderson ,I question why Montreal would want to move him but that is on them. I know his contract is a little high but he has what you need size ,speed and skill and at 27 you are getting younger. I think he would look good along side Bergey and Marchand with his size and speed he could make it a little easier for those two. I know this might not be the perfect way to go but I think you are accomplishing needs for this years team and the future .You can visit the sexy names in the off season...........
Great post

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As far as I can see its quite obvious any additions need to be with an eye for making the team better now and going forward(Young & Term).

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Just as Toronto.
But I am not selling the farm to add to this team for the short term.

We could end up with some interesting names next month that none here have considered. Mid 20 NHL players.
Only way I sell big is if it's Chychrun.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Anderson's contract is more than a little high, and it’s also a lot long. Our top prospect is a RW, and our 1RW isn’t old. Anderson is very injury prone and hasn’t played anywhere near the value of his contract. But he’s big I guess.

I fail to see the fascination with this guy given his play, his contract, and the team needs. And that’s putting aside that Montreal and Boston literally never trade with each other.

It’s madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad