Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
To me I feel that it would be a massive disservice to guys like Marchand and Bergeron if the Bruins were to decide to do nothing at the deadline. People keep worrying about Bergeron retiring and having no replacement for him but that’s exactly what’s going to happen if the Bruins decide to do nothing and not try and improve this team. If you can add a couple depth pieces you won’t have to worry about giving up anything significant and it could potentially improve the team drastically if the pieces fit.

Guys like Stasny aren’t the sexiest names being thrown around, but it gives the team the option to move a couple players down a few lines so that guys like Smith, Coyle, and Haula aren’t forced into roles they can’t fill. In addition to that you don’t end up paying a kings ransom like you most likely would have to pay for guys like Hertl/Giroux.
Hertl makes sense because it’s a longterm addition that can also help now. Stastny doesn’t put this team over the top and is a 36 year old rental, what’s the point? The GM just spent a boat load of money in FA to service Bergeron and Marchand, now that it’s not enough we should burn all the future assets to maybe make it to a CF? I get that keeping Bergeron happy is important to entice him to return but to what extent?

He’s going to add some rentals because he has to to make it look good but I wouldn’t go crazy with what you give up.

I’m aware that you don’t want to waste any valuable futures for any rentals but what would be the point in keeping them since the majority of fans argue that this management group supposedly can’t draft or develop?
Last two drafts look good, development who knows but one way to make sure it never improves it by not drafting.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Well its almost 3 months to the playoffs and a new sub variant is being tracked. Ill feel a lot better
about 3 weeks before the RS ends if things remain
at current trajectory.
Oooo I don’t follow it very closely but that’s not good, as of now things seem to be going smoothly(aside from that break at christmas) compared to the past two years. Fingers crossed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This trade deadline month should be something

Montreal going to be a blast to watch - Gorton running them brilliant. He gets Hughes, Marty and probably Vinny.

I’m him I would take a 2 and 3 for Chariot and run - go to Blues

he needs to dump Savard but going to be tough

Anderson also but he’s got value on ice next 3-4 years if healthy but he’s getting hurt in mid 20’s

would you deep DeBrusk for Anderson

you owe Anderson 5 years at 5.5 M snd probably 1-2 years second line RW till Lysell ready

Lysell being tried center in Vancouver but I think it’s a Giants move not Bruins

My heart wants Anderson my head says be careful but if we can move out and I know better to put Foligno here because he won’t go and Gorton won’t want

A couple of seasons ago, people were all over the Anderson train. At the time I said I thought he had the size/speed numbers but not the production (a Mike Mamula workout warrior type for those that follow the NFL draft).

People wanted to deal Heinen + for Anderson and I was not in favor (would have been better than Ritchie though). I realize that MTL is a bleep-show right now, but:

Anderson: 9g/8a, -20, 16:54 TOI @$5.5m

Heinen: 11g/9a, +8, 13:21 TOI @$1.1m

Be careful what you wish for #Truculence

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
A couple of seasons ago, people were all over the Anderson train. At the time I said I thought he had the size/speed numbers but not the production (a Mike Mamula workout warrior type for those that follow the NFL draft).

People wanted to deal Heinen + for Anderson and I was not in favor (would have been better than Ritchie though). I realize that MTL is a bleep-show right now, but:

His style of play on that contract scares the hell outta me, I would leave him alone personally.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I would take Anderson every day the week over Heinen twice on Sunday.Put Heinen on habs & see his numbers drop.I will say though he is having a good year .

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I went to Penguins game and Heinen clearly has another gear - looks like a high end third line smart player with skills

He enjoys playing for Pittsburgh

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would take Anderson every day the week over Heinen twice on Sunday.Put Heinen on habs & see his numbers drop.I will say though he is having a good year though.
Heinen makes 1 M
Anderson 5.5 M

Gorton going to move him I’m curious what he gets back and from who

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I can't see Cassidy back next year.
I know every coach has an expiration date, so it is very possible . Someone has too take the hit, but do you really be he is the biggest problem , I understand what you are saying it just would not be my priority move........

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if its not the city he enjoys playing for, and maybe the coach...
Sullivan has a team made up of stars and guys who have been passed over, overlooked, hungry with a chip on shoulder

Sullivan treats you like a man and not a yeller - runs an upbeat program

I got into it with DC all the time back in 2006 here over Sullivan

I admit my daughter coach was a former BU captain I grew up with and she went to BU girls hockey summer camps - the BU thing factored in but was a big fan of Sullivan from his days as a player and coach - I was able to have him when coaching the Bruins talk to my daughter about playing hockey and being a Bruins fan. I’m jaded but I like Mike.

my bike likes Mike

Reactions: xjoeyc23x

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I was thrilled to get Nash but in watching Lingren I knew he would be a NHL dman. It’s also not any of our jobs to know the prospects value and potential. We can all watch and guess but Sweeney should really know what he has. Sure prospects can sometimes be over valued or under valued but that’s a long list of guys to over value for a professional GM.

Of course its not our jobs, we don't work for the Bruins. My point was no one at the time really cared that Lindgren was in the deal, but now whenever the Nash trade is brought up people love to use hindsight vs evaluating the deal at the time it was made. Its not just Sweeney that should know what he has, its the whole organization. Sweeney isn't flying around watching his prospect play, he's not down in Providence watching practices. He relies on his scouts & coaching staff to give him insight on those things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeti34

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Anderson's style of play would be an instant success here. Put him anywhere on the top 3 lines and the Bruins would reap the benefits. However, how long until he gets injured again? That's what concerns me.
Anyone can get hurt .Heard same thing with Kase he has 10 goals playing well.Even took a big hit .

Reactions: FONZIE

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Of course its not our jobs, we don't work for the Bruins. My point was no one at the time really cared that Lindgren was in the deal, but now whenever the Nash trade is brought up people love to use hindsight vs evaluating the deal at the time it was made. Its not just Sweeney that should know what he has, its the whole organization. Sweeney is flying around watching his prospect play, he's not down in Providence watching practices. He relies on his scouts & coaching staff to give him insight on those things.
I knew who Lingren was and never liked him in there and many others here are very smart hockey people and never liked it either .But at that time that was the price and I am not blaming Sweeney here one bit

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta admit I had no idea how many bad contracts Montreal has

unbelievable

You are looking 3 yrs of 60 point seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad