NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread III - Blackhawks’ GM Stan Bowman resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I wonder how much he can say. Is he just working a settlement out with the Hawks at this point or is there more investigating or other legal procedures to come?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I mean they practically revealed him already in the report, good for him for being strong enough to reveal it publicly.
The report only repeated what the court documents reveal. It sounds like he was planning to come forward and that's why he didn't have the docs sealed

Reactions: The National

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If Quenneville was aware of this can he really be coaching ?

It's interesting how circumstances can replay themselves a little in different times and places. In 2010 the Blackhawks allegedly took no action regarding the assault incident because they didn't want to compromise their Cup run. Well here we are in 2021 and the Florida Panthers are legit Cup contenders in a struggling market that, despite Tampa's recent successes, is probably still a place where the league would like the 2nd team to also continue to perform well. Quenneville is undoubtedly a big part of why that team is playing such good hockey. Take him away and who knows what will happen to them.

So it's going to be intriguing to see what the league and the Florida management do - take the high ground, or try and weather the storm and keep Q in place? Standing on principle and 'reading the room' suggests removing him, quickly, but the fact that it seems to me to still be in dispute exactly what Quenneville knew personally back in 2010, and his ability to make the plausible albeit weak argument that it was management's job to deal with an off-ice issue, not his, may give some wiggle room to try and justify keeping him in the job.

I think he's gone, but we'll see.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Vegas is 180 degrees from Boston

I hate Vegas and the strip there …. Too many wasted days of my like for work and conferences in that place to count…

but..

I could see the pull to a 20 something. Its like a massive college campus on a Friday night - only 7 days a week. Plus golf on weekends (not personally a golfer). Always somewhere to go, something to see, a place to eat or party. And then off to the country club house on the greens to sleep it off.

call it Sanderson central but I could see it until a significant other and kids and diapers.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It's interesting how circumstances can replay themselves a little in different times and places. In 2010 the Blackhawks allegedly took no action regarding the assault incident because they didn't want to compromise their Cup run. Well here we are in 2021 and the Florida Panthers are legit Cup contenders in a struggling market that, despite Tampa's recent successes, is probably still a place where the league would like the 2nd team to also continue to perform well. Quenneville is undoubtedly a big part of why that team is playing such good hockey. Take him away and who knows what will happen to them.

So it's going to be intriguing to see what the league and the Florida management do - take the high ground, or try and weather the storm and keep Q in place? Standing on principle and 'reading the room' suggests removing him, quickly, but the fact that it seems to me to still be in dispute exactly what Quenneville knew personally back in 2010, and his ability to make the plausible albeit weak argument that it was management's job to deal with an off-ice issue, not his, may give some wiggle room to try and justify keeping him in the job.

I think he's gone, but we'll see.
Definitely some good points here.

And you can draw parallels to what’s currently happening in the NFL with the Washington investigation impacting the Raiders of all teams more than it’s going to impact Washington.

Not at all saying that it’s apples to apples, but if you’re going to blow the lid on the situation, the dominoes can scatter pretty far and wide.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hate Vegas and the strip there …. Too many wasted days of my like for work and conferences in that place to count…

but..

I could see the pull to a 20 something. Its like a massive college campus on a Friday night - only 7 days a week. Plus golf on weekends (not personally a golfer). Always somewhere to go, something to see, a place to eat or party. And then off to the country club house on the greens to sleep it off.

call it Sanderson central but I could see it until a significant other and kids and diapers.
Eichel my feeling is completely different then the Vegas life time zone etc

Since we are discussing Vegas and sports I would place a bet in Vegas even at 50/50 odds that when Jack Eichel turns 30 if he’s playing in NHL it’s Bruins

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Since we are discussing Vegas and sports I would place a bet in Vegas even at 50/50 odds that when Jack Eichel turns 30 if he’s playing in NHL it’s Bruins
I’d take it a step further, turns 26.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Definitely some good points here.

And you can draw parallels to what’s currently happening in the NFL with the Washington investigation impacting the Raiders of all teams more than it’s going to impact Washington.

Not at all saying that it’s apples to apples, but if you’re going to blow the lid on the situation, the dominoes can scatter pretty far and wide.
NFL witch-hunt ia a decoy as it is easier to fire a millionaire than a billionaire….

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

would Buffalo want to trade within the division again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad