Speculation: 2021-2022 Coyotes Roster Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So, not enough grief gets thrown at the Habs on the main board IMO. Constant digs at the Coyotes and the blatant tanking and constant losing etc.

What about Montreal? After dealing with the over the top homerisms (Caulfield is a top 50 player in the league, Suzuki a top 20 C, arguably the deepest forward roster in the league, one of the best D cores in the league...) that only got worse during the cup final run they are worse than a makeshift Coyotes team.

Suzuki signs a long term deal (almost $8 million per for 8 years) and is on a 46 point pace.

Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, Toffoli, Armia, Petry and Edmundson all signed to expensive long term deals. Then add Weber AND Price's deals :eek:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why would he need to play hurt for this team? That makes zero sense. Does he have a bonus for games played?
He can play. Can’t take faceoffs well. Probably hurts his puck skills as well. Everyone plays with ailments. Nobody goes through a season fully healthy. Always knicks and bruises. .

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So, not enough grief gets thrown at the Habs on the main board IMO. Constant digs at the Coyotes and the blatant tanking and constant losing etc.

What about Montreal? After dealing with the over the top homerisms (Caulfield is a top 50 player in the league, Suzuki a top 20 C, arguably the deepest forward roster in the league, one of the best D cores in the league...) that only got worse during the cup final run they are worse than a makeshift Coyotes team.

Suzuki signs a long term deal (almost $8 million per for 8 years) and is on a 46 point pace.

Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, Toffoli, Armia, Petry and Edmundson all signed to expensive long term deals. Then add Weber AND Price's deals :eek:
My common response is “we are bad on purpose, what’s your teams excuse?”

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
He can play. Can’t take faceoffs well. Probably hurts his puck skills as well. Everyone plays with ailments. Nobody goes through a season fully healthy. Always knicks and bruises. .
At 39.6% for his career Schmaltz has never taken faceoffs well:laugh:

Reactions: hbk

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It's too bad that BA didn't add a secondary clause onto the 1st clause that if indeed Montreal finishes in the bottom 10, then Coyotes could select Carolina pick or take Montreal's 1st in '23...that would have been perfect - 2 shots at Bedard & Michkov
Really good point. Montreal isn’t going to flip a switch and become a playoff team next season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Evander Kane will have some suitors if he becomes free agent - Sportsnet.ca

Marek saying the price is a young roster player, a “high-end” prospect, and a 1st.

Cites LAK, “perhaps” STL, and ”certainly” ANA. But says 10 teams have made inquiries. AZ has received some offers that have given them “cause for pause”.

It all comes down to what “high-end” means. Byfield is probably too “high-end”. Brandt Clarke qualifies. But does Alex Turcotte? How about Gabe Vilardi? Neither of those names give me “cause for pause”.

Same goes for Anaheim. McTavish perks me right up. Perrault? Yawwwwwwn.

It’s the inclusion of STL that freaks me out. They simply don’t have a prospect do this caliber. Makes me assume it’s Jake Nieghbors. I like the kid an awful lot. But if he’s “high-end” then so are Turcotte and Perreault. Which scares me.

I mean, what do we really think about:

Nieghbors, Kostin, 1st

or

Lundestrom, Perreault, 1st

or

Turcotte, Bjornfot, 1st

???

That’s all pretty bad. Like terrible. Now the optimist in me wants to hope that it’s actually McTavish, Mahura and a 1st. Or Clarke, Kupari and a 1st. That would all be okay. But then I remember St Louis. They don’t have that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The proposed deals are just getting worse over time. I don't buy half of what I'm hearing because BA runs an incredibly tight ship.

If you could get a Chychrun caliber 23yo on one of the best contracts in the league for 2 A-ish assets and a roster player then why would you ever bother with the draft? A PPG caliber player with control at half his market value AAV is worth 2.5 pieces? f*** that.

rt

May 13, 2004
The proposed deals are just getting worse over time. I don't buy half of what I'm hearing because BA runs an incredibly tight ship.

If you could get a Chychrun caliber 23yo on one of the best contracts in the league for 2 A-ish assets and a roster player then why would you ever bother with the draft? A PPG caliber player with control at half his market value AAV is worth 2.5 pieces? f*** that.
I hate my proposals in my last post. I’m just trying to apply the formula.

I now hate all Chychrun proposals that don’t include Mason McTavish.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I hate my proposals in my last post. I’m just trying to apply the formula.

I now hate all Chychrun proposals that don’t include Mason McTavish.

Main piece tier list:
Would make me happy: Clarke or McTavish
Could convince myself it's good: Kakko, Schneider, Neighbors, Broberg/Holloway
Disappointed: Bjornfot, Turcotte, Lundestrom

I still think Lundell is a dark horse. He is cooling down a little and FLA could could use more support in the back

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I still think Lundell is a dark horse. He is cooling down a little and FLA could could use more support in the back

Contenders are going to be really, really protective of any scoring that is on their ELC, especially at center. The trick is to trade for a guy about to break out but hasn't contributed a ton at the NHL level for 900k.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Contenders are going to be really, really protective of any scoring that is on their ELC, especially at center. The trick is to trade for a guy about to break out but hasn't contributed a ton at the NHL level for 900k.

Agreed. But FLA is one of the few teams who may not need more scoring. The traded Trochek for very little two seasons ago. Again more of a dark horse but if Lundell stays quiet you never know.

rt

May 13, 2004
Chychrun+VAN 2nd for McTavish+Mahura+ANA 1st.

I don’t think Mahura is terribly important. So I guess this basically McTavish and 25-35 draft slots for Chychrun.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Lundell is even less available than Byfield or McTavish.
There are a handful of HF Anaheim fans that are open to Chychrun for McTavish. Much more so than Kings fans open to Byfield.

I like Neighbors, but not as a Chychrun centerpiece. Turcotte and Vilardi are okay. A bit worrying. I don’t like either as a centerpiece.

Clarke is an okay centerpiece. And either Kupari or Bjornfot (or even Mikey Anderson) are okay young roster pieces added to Clarke. And the LA 1st is nice.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chych has had too many injuries, almost every year, and only 1 good year goal scoring. This year he has been exposed on D a little too, he isn't top pairing on the D side yet. I think we keep him, he can still develop some more, but be prepared for an underwhelming return if BA moves him now.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
A bit new in latest 32 thoughts podcast. Teams believe the coyotes are “motivated” to move chychrun soon because they don’t want this hanging over them and they don’t want him to get injured again when he returns.

Friedman says the kings have been looking at Chychrun for a while, he specifically mentioned Neighbors when bringing up St. Louis, and the general belief is a trade could happen pretty soon.

Also Tampa Bay could be a partner for Crouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad