2021-2022 Around The League - Part VII

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Macdavid gets 100 points 3-1

Literally 60 seconds later draisaitl nowhere to be seen defensively, and after giving up a goal another immediately 😂 3-3
Quick sucks though, so 4-3 Oilers

edit: or not. Goalie interference

Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Players are dumb not to wear them. Didn't a kid die last year from a shot to the ear. Yeah be brave and die.

Did he die from getting hit in the ear or getting hit in the head? And we're talking about NHLers, not kids.

There's plenty of vulnerable uncovered places. Should they wear jaw protectors too? That's more susceptible to a serious injury than the ear.

You can potentially die from getting hit with a puck anywhere in the face. Do you say, "yeah be brave and die" to NHLers that don't wear full face shields?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The players would adjust, just like they did post lockout 2004 when they started calling everything. Point is, if they don't call it, then the players will continue to do it. I'd rather watch a good team get the calls they deserve and execute on the PP 8+ times a game than I would watch a shit team get away with interference, hooking, and holding all game long, every game. Then you end up with the garbage hockey Minnesota and Arizona play. No one wants to watch that slow-down, clutch-and-grab nonsense.
Players didn’t adjust as much as the league just started letting calls go again. The Babcock Wings were as 90% as much clutch and grab hockey as the 90s.

As much as anybody wants it changed… the NHL doesn’t.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Wow I hope Clayton Keller is okay after that. He went into the boards super hard.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not a great night other than that game going into OT.

Seattle sucks as usual and Vancouver basically eliminating themselves from the playoff race just before facing Vegas 3 times.

Reactions: Reparlana

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Huberdeau has tied the NHL record for most assists during a season for a left winger. He should beat the record quite easily.

anrtv0h.jpeg
Why the f*** is Mark Messier on this list? Dude played centre his entire career.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Seeing shit like this makes me appreciate how bad Armstrong screwed up the Blues with the Faulk, Krug, and Binnington signings.

That Blues team would be scary good if Armstrong didn't try to play 4D chess with the Pietrangelo. I don't think Pie is necessarily a top 5 defenseman anymore, but he just did so much for that Blues team.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Did he die from getting hit in the ear or getting hit in the head? And we're talking about NHLers, not kids.

There's plenty of vulnerable uncovered places. Should they wear jaw protectors too? That's more susceptible to a serious injury than the ear.

You can potentially die from getting hit with a puck anywhere in the face. Do you say, "yeah be brave and die" to NHLers that don't wear full face shields?
So?

What is the point of not wearing the ear protection? It makes zero difference for hearing or heat retention. The only reason to not wear them is vanity. I realize that hockey players are a vain bunch....hence why they are the only major sport with actual award ceremonies for best hair. But to mock someone for not being vain is ridiculous. Mocking the haircut ain't much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad