2021-2022 Around The League - Part VII

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well...there ya have it. Those of you still complaining that Bednar doesn't say enough about the officiating (even though he definitely has said a few things and didn't refute anything Landeskog said in regards to Kadri), the Avs draw a ton of penalties, whereas a guy like Brind'Amour who actually got fined for his remarks about the officials, coaches the team that apparently doesn't get ANY calls.
Ain't that funny that so many people think it's the other way around? Bednar is smart to shut his mouth about the refs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ain't that funny that so many people think it's the other way around? Bednar is smart to shut his mouth about the refs.

I think he's a smart guy who picks his spots. People just want to see a Roy-style meltdown from him and that's just not going to help anything.

And from what I've read both here and elsewhere, Joe may be quiet publicly but he makes his displeasure known to the league if there's something he doesn't like. He was reportedly pretty peeved with the NHL about the new lottery rules, for example.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think he's a smart guy who picks his spots. People just want to see a Roy-style meltdown from him and that's just not going to help anything.

And from what I've read both here and elsewhere, Joe may be quiet publicly but he makes his displeasure known to the league if there's something he doesn't like. He was reportedly pretty peeved with the NHL about the new lottery rules, for example.
Thank god nobody listened to him about the lottery rules

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I was coming here to say the exact same thing. Bednar not complaining I bet play a great deal in our penalties differential. Everybody here wants him to lose his shit when a penalty doesn't get called but he knows better. He pushes back when it is needed and shuts up when he thinks he should.

I rarely complain about the refs but just like anybody else here it really pisses me off sometimes. One of these occasions was last night when the trip against Nuke was not called and less than 10 seconds later Kadri got called for the exact same thing. That was way too obvious. Both were obvious penalties but you know what?...Kadri's penalty doesn't happen if the other one is called. We are on the PP instead of being on PK. That is a huge difference and that kind of stuff shouldn't happen.

Other than that...oh well. We get away with a lot too sometimes.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm old enough that I had played a number of years in the local youth league (CAHA, don't know if it's still called that) before they finally required ear protection. Don't know if it was the result of any injury but those took a little getting used to.

Eventually it'll be required. We recently had a pretty scary incident in a Habs/B's game a year or two ago when Phil Danault took a Zdeno Chara one-timer right in the ear and they had to take him off on a stretcher. Even Chara was pretty rattled at the time. If you're gonna block shots and the lower half of your face is already exposed, then I suppose your ears hanging out as well doesn't make a ton of difference, but...I certainly would have them if I had to block shots.

All that said, Avery's a dipshit, though I've always felt Clayton Keller is kind of a perimeter guy. Very talented, but I really never seem to notice him much out there.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've always felt Clayton Keller is kind of a perimeter guy. Very talented, but I really never seem to notice him much out there.
Perimeter and soft. He's a poor man's Marner (in a bad way). I was expecting so much more from him after his rookie season...even though it's not all on him because he does play for a shitty org.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Imagine mocking someone for wanting to protect their ears. I'm all for any player taking any legal precaution they see fit to protect their bodies. Is this an alpha male bullshit thing where if you wear them you're not a real man? The same was probably said about visors. And helmets. Just nonsense shit as far I'm concerned. There is nothing weak about wanting to protect your body.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Huberdeau has tied the NHL record for most assists during a season for a left winger. He should beat the record quite easily.

anrtv0h.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Mitchgou

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't think of anybody more of a prick than Sean Avery. There is youtube account called "Sean Avery Bike Lane" where he just cusses people out for bike lane mishaps and one of them he got into a verbal fight with a homeless dude. He's a big man.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
$5k fine for Hall's Bertuzzi sucker punch? The NHL is just outright corrupt with their double standards and preferential treatment at this point.

Not a chance in hell Kadri or Landy only get fined if they do that.

Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Probably not no considering they're repeat repeat offenders.

Being a repeat offender doesn't make a non suspendible play, suspension worthy. It's either suspension worthy or it's not.

If you're a repeat offender it should only impact the amount of discipline. Just like you either broke the law or you didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad