Prospect Info: 2020 WJC NYR Prospect Speculation

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
How sick is it that Zac Jones is leading the way on US’ blueline, while Cam York is riding the pine/playing second fiddle? Many had Cam York as a Top 10 pick.

Jones is really on the radar now. But in respect to him and York--Jones is a little older and I don't think he'll be eligible for next year's tournament. Still it's all good for us and I can see Jones maybe before all is said and done being the better player.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller has been flattening people. Not even body-on-body hits, it's just like other guys get too close to him so he pushes his arms out and sends the other guys flying to the ice. It's like when they'd do a gimmick match with a cruiser weight wrestler vs some massive guy and the giant would just push the little guy away every time he got close (fortunately there are no hurricanranas or anything in hockey).

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Jones is really on the radar now. But in respect to him and York--Jones is a little older and I don't think he'll be eligible for next year's tournament. Still it's all good for us and I can see Jones maybe before all is said and done being the better player.

He won't be eligible next year and York will, but he's not quite 2.5 months older.

I've seen their age difference brought up a few times now, but it's pretty negligible. They would of been playing against the same year of peers growing up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Really amazing this game is scoreless. With all the Grade-A chances it feels like it should be 4-3 or something. Annunen looks like a stud. Too bad, we could have had him, but instead took Lindbom a round earlier. :laugh:

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Miller has been flattening people. Not even body-on-body hits, it's just like other guys get too close to him so he pushes his arms out and sends the other guys flying to the ice. It's like when they'd do a gimmick match with a cruiser weight wrestler vs some massive guy and the giant would just push the little guy away every time he got close (fortunately there are no hurricanranas or anything in hockey).

I noticed that too :laugh:

He isn't even really throwing hits, just like leaning into guys and they're bodies are flailing around like Scott Steven's ran into them with a head full of steam.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I noticed that too :laugh:

He isn't even really throwing hits, just like leaning into guys and they're bodies are flailing around like Scott Steven's ran into them with a head full of steam.
Yup, and while he can't do that now to most NHL players, by the time he's in the NHL he'll likely be a bit bigger and definitely stronger. He's gonna be a goddamn bull. If he can just get enough games in to be truly comfortable at the position and be able to play without thinking, he's going to be quite a player.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Awful. Awful, awful, awful. If that goal from THAT penalty call is the difference, I'll be sick over it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Being 2 months older means absolutely nothing. Like I said earlier someone needs to explain to me how Jones is a third rounder and YORK is a first rounder other than because of the teams they played on.

I want Miller to go try and win the game. Go make some offensive plays. He’s just played like a stay at home dman all tourney. I want him to go try and be a game changer

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Being 2 months older means absolutely nothing. Like I said earlier someone needs to explain to me how Jones is a third rounder and YORK is a first rounder other than because of the teams they played on.

I want Miller to go try and win the game. Go make some offensive plays. He’s just played like a stay at home dman all tourney. I want him to go try and be a game changer

There were a ton of questions about Jones' skating leading into the draft. It got and continues to get better.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way Alex Turcotte does absolutely nothing for me. I’ve seen him live I’ve seen him in these tourneys absolutely nothing for me

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Reminds me of a Swedish kid I know although that Swedish kid at least showed up for this tourney

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Finland is so hard to play against. They are the Champs in this one, men’s WCH, the U18 two years ago and so forth for a reason. They play a really tight defensive team game and counter attack well.

A lot of US players are called out, but it’s not easy. If anything stands out it’s that the US’ offensive players aren’t counter attack players. Zegras, Wahlstrom, Kaliyev, Brink and co are all about creating chances by circling in the attacking zone, and the Finns take away all ice around the net.

The Finns have created soooo much against the Zegras line. That line have created the chances, but so often they try to be cute and are hit with counter attacks. You need to turn the play fast and create before they can set up.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and bl02

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
By the way Alex Turcotte does absolutely nothing for me. I’ve seen him live I’ve seen him in these tourneys absolutely nothing for me

He isn’t playing much at all, can’t put this on him.

This game is on the offensive goto guys for the US.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He isn’t playing much at all, can’t put this on him.

This game is on the offensive goto guys for the US.

what is he supposed to be if not an offensive go to guy? Lol. Why do you think he’s not playing much?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I like John Beecher, sure fire NHL player. Watching this tournament makes me appreciate Kakko a little more, you can see how not NHL ready almost all of his peers are.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well, no one to blame but the team itself. Shit the bed against Canada, couldn't take out the Czechs in regulation, couldn't score a single goal against the Finns and let a shitty dive beat them. Not good at all.

Miller was playing really well by the end of the tournament, even if they deployed him in exclusively a defensive role. Jones was terrific.

9darter

Kreider is underpaid
Jun 29, 2007
Göteborg
Well, no one to blame but the team itself. **** the bed against Canada, couldn't take out the Czechs in regulation, couldn't score a single goal against the Finns and let a ****ty dive beat them. Not good at all.

Miller was playing really well by the end of the tournament, even if they deployed him in exclusively a defensive role. Jones was terrific.
Weak call on Drury but not a dive.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Weak call on Drury but not a dive.
Totally a dive. That guy decided the moment Drury's stick touched him that he was going down. I mean that guy fell easier than my four-year-old when I took her out on the pond the other day. That's why Drury was as pissed at Petman as he was and that's also why Petman had a shit-eating grin on his face the rest of the game. Zegras called him on it and all Petman did was laugh. It was a dive, plain and simple.

But, at the end of the day, irrelevant, as one goal shouldn't f***ing sink you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad