Prospect Info: 2020 WJC NYR Prospect Speculation

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
russia looks strong. canada/ finland will be fun.

sandin is a horse. does everything so well. nils is going to be another solid RD for us. we are stacked on the right side.

hoglander would have made a huge difference today. losing him was tough.

denisenko is a nice looking player. panthers did well there. the captain of the russian squad seems to have settled down and matured a bit. undersized sparkplug.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I think the coach is part of team Sweden’s problem in the elimination rounds.

Everytime I ever see this guy in these games. He’s got this sheepish smile like he just expects to win but is a shaking wreck inside.

That and they never seem to have good goaltending.

Other then hank, lerhner, how many Swedish goalies are there in the league.

Wonder if there’s anything to the notion it’s bc their best athletes that decide to play hockey don’t want to play goalie and the guys who end up being developed as the goalies just aren’t athletic or good enough.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the coach is part of team Sweden’s problem in the elimination rounds.

Everytime I ever see this guy in these games. He’s got this sheepish smile like he just expects to win but is a shaking wreck inside.

That and they never seem to have good goaltending.

Other then hank, lerhner, how many Swedish goalies are there in the league.

Wonder if there’s anything to the notion it’s bc their best athletes that decide to play hockey don’t want to play goalie and the guys who end up being developed as the goalies just aren’t athletic or good enough.
Markstrom and Nilsson are two other that come to mind. I'm sure there's gotta be a couple more at least.

Reactions: NernieBichols

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Russians were amazing today, and Nils looks like a stud. If Canada beats Finland, I hope Russia gives them another ass whooping. Seeing Canadian adults cheer when Russian kids get a goal against is pretty much a new low.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Russians were amazing today, and Nils looks like a stud. If Canada beats Finland, I hope Russia gives them another ass whooping. Seeing Canadian adults cheer when Russian kids get a goal against is pretty much a new low.

Not happening twice if it gets that far! Would be a great final.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Are the refs auditioning for the NHL?

I became interested in Sampo Ranta when Minnesota played against Wisconsin. Would still love to acquire him.

Reactions: dumpin

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Nils had a very nice showing this tourney. His stock is definitely on the rise and when we do our rankings he might jump over Miller.

He doesn't have Miller's upside, but his performance in the SHL and WJC cannot go ignored.

If we exclude NHL players from the ranking (Kakko and Fox), I'd have Shesterkin at 1, Kravtsov at 2 and Nils at 3.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wasn’t Lundkvist there to earn another (secondary) assist too against the Russia today in addition to a goal and a primary assist?

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
I wouldn’t shoot that down, but against Raymond I think it’s close.
I would be thrilled either way. Honestly, I expect Stutzle to be gone before the Rangers pick, unless they lottery into the top 3. Any opinion on Lundell? If the Rangers are towards the 10th, Raymond and Holtz would probably be gone.

Reactions: Ola

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You get any one of......

lafreniere
Byfield
Raymond
Stutzle
Perfetti
Holtz
Lundell
Rossi

.......you had a good day. Drysdale will go in that top 10 as well. But that’s the crop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad