Prospect Info: 2020 WJC NYR Prospect Speculation

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rather than flood the Nils Lundkvist thread, I figured I’d start a new one to start discussing who of our deep Prospect Pool might be playing in the WJCs this year.

@RangerBoy posted an Article in the Lundkvist thread that believes Nils Lundkvist is a lock for one of the 6-7 spots.

Who else are we thinking goes? Henriksson? Miller should be going. Zac Jones? Who is eligible?

Discuss.

Tournament begins in Thursday December 26th.

Ends on January 5th.

Sweden: Nils Lundqvist (D), Karl Henriksson (C)
USA: K’Andre Miller (D)
Switzerland: Nico Gross (D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: egelband and bl02

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Nils is a lock, Miller I think is a lock as well. Gross is probably a lock, but idk?

Jones & Henriksson are closer to 50/50

Aaltonen and Robertson have outside shots

Kravtsov is like 8 or 9 days too old.

Reactions: CasusBelli

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller, Lundkvist, and Gross are locks.

Jones should get a look. Robertson is an extreme outside shot.

I don't think Aaltonen has much chance.

Beyond that you'd have to hope Lindbom gets healthy and blows the doors off of things. But he's an outside shot.

Otherwise, that should be it. Kjellberg probably the captain for both Sweden and USA.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller might be the captain of the team so I’d say he’s as sure a lock as there is.

zac Jones will also make this team. He was already looking like he’d make it his NCAA season just makes it a no brainer.

henriksson is going to make it

obviously Lundqvist and I think Nico Gross is still eligible.

Lindbom is like 4th on the goalie depth chart at this point so he’s probably out.

Reactions: McSauer

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
K27- Monthen raved about Lindbom even after he missed the 4 nation. He would have been the starter. But he is still out, it’s reported that it’s a foot injury.

Effin goalie that misses two long parts of consecutive seasons. These guys aren’t injured that often normally...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller might be the captain of the team so I’d say he’s as sure a lock as there is.

zac Jones will also make this team. He was already looking like he’d make it his NCAA season just makes it a no brainer.

henriksson is going to make it

obviously Lundqvist and I think Nico Gross is still eligible.

Lindbom is like 4th on the goalie depth chart at this point so he’s probably out.
Not so sure about Henriksson. They've given him a few opportunities with the U20 squad and he hasn't been at all productive. I could see bringing him for the experience, but he's not going to make it based on merit. Maybe if he had shown something in Allsvenskan, but right now he's kind of overmatched (as a kid his age generally would be).

Can't say he won't make it, but I don't expect it, either.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
K27- Monthen raved about Lindbom even after he missed the 4 nation. He would have been the starter. But he is still out, it’s reported that it’s a foot injury.

Effin goalie that misses two long parts of consecutive seasons. These guys aren’t injured that often normally...

I actually thought he was good every time I saw him. He was the best goalie at the U18 WJC. But can’t stay on the ice. Concussion issues who knows what else. Terrible idea in a bad goalie draft to pick a guy That early.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Any word on how Robertson is doing? Last I heard he was hurt

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hate to see it happen today, but Patrik Puistola (CAR) was hit in the head and stretchered off the ice. Might miss the WJC, which could open up a spot for Aaltonen

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hate to see it happen today, but Patrik Puistola (CAR) was hit in the head and stretchered off the ice. Might miss the WJC, which could open up a spot for Aaltonen
What's up with Aaltonen? He seems to only play sporadically for Sword. Wish they'd send him off somewhere.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Another one is Alex Holtz. Extent of injury unknown, the comment made the expert watching the game was ‘didn’t look promising in relation to he WJC’.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What's up with Aaltonen? He seems to only play sporadically for Sword. Wish they'd send him off somewhere.

Nothing's wrong with Aaltonen. Him playing in Liiga at this age, for a 5th round pick is a good development, even if it is for 9-10 minutes. I wish they would send him to Mestis for a few games like Tappara did with Puistola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nothing's wrong with Aaltonen. Him playing in Liiga at this age, for a 5th round pick is a good development, even if it is for 9-10 minutes. I wish they would send him to Mestis for a few games like Tappara did with Puistola
I asked what's up with him, not what's wrong with him. As in, "What's going on with him?" Nothing negative implied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad