2020 Weather Thread.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I dunno man. I think our summer so far has been pretty nice. A few crappy, rainy days, but it's been nice out.
Not sure if you've been living under a rock, or actually live out of the country, but the summer has been crap so far. And not looking good going forward.

Reactions: TB12

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Not sure if you've been living under a rock, or actually live out of the country, but the summer has been crap so far. And not looking good going forward.

According to a certain website that I use for weather modelling it's hinting that from now right up to Aug 1st of rain and more of it.

Hopefully August turns out better.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Never seen so much rain here.

My outside work projects have been rained out so many times I can't count. Looks like I'm going to be tarping the container plants and garden beds to stop them from drowning.

This is the first time in 32years of living in our house that our elevated garden patch is basically quagmire. Too muddy to even step on it. A board that I have on their to help try to walk closer to the plants that are more inassessible is basically a surfboard at this point. Try to walk on it and its wipe out time, in the mud. managed to avoid hitting the mud so far.

Since when does a well drained elevated garden patch, that is normally dry, get so wet?

Mushrooms are coming out everywhere. Mosquitoes everywhere. COE 2 feet growths of jungle vegetation everywhere.

Edmonton closely resembles those pics of what a city is supposed to look like 5yrs after a Nuclear holocaust or some such thing where no people are around to tend anything.

Now I know why they have no grass at City Hall or Churchill square as they used to. This way they can avoid the criticism about only cutting their grass. Although they are redoing the pool and concrete surround once again. Always money for that..

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Never seen so much rain here.

My outside work projects have been rained out so many times I can't count. Looks like I'm going to be tarping the container plants and garden beds to stop them from drowning.

This is the first time in 32years of living in our house that our elevated garden patch is basically quagmire. Too muddy to even step on it. A board that I have on their to help try to walk closer to the plants that are more inassessible is basically a surfboard at this point. Try to walk on it and its wipe out time, in the mud. managed to avoid hitting the mud so far.

Since when does a well drained elevated garden patch, that is normally dry, get so wet?

Mushrooms are coming out everywhere. Mosquitoes everywhere. COE 2 feet growths of jungle vegetation everywhere.

Edmonton closely resembles those pics of what a city is supposed to look like 5yrs after a Nuclear holocaust or some such thing where no people are around to tend anything.

Now I know why they have no grass at City Hall or Churchill square as they used to. This way they can avoid the criticism about only cutting their grass. Although they are redoing the pool and concrete surround once again. Always money for that..

Edmonton has had some quite wet years especially between 1986-1991.

Approximately around 320 mm of rain as of today and for each of those years above Edmonton received anywhere between 400-600 mm of rain.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Edmonton has had some quite wet years especially between 1986-1991.

Approximately around 320 mm of rain as of today and for each of those years above Edmonton received anywhere between 400-600 mm of rain.

That's doing as much to support my point. in Two days Edmonton will likely already have had 400M and its Early July.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Since 1960 the wettest years on record for Edmonton were 1980 and 1996.
1980 615 mm
1996 651 mm

Only two years since 1960 where Edmonton received 600 mm or more precipitation.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Since 1960 the wettest years on record for Edmonton were 1980 and 1996.
1980 615 mm
1996 651 mm

Only two years since 1960 where Edmonton received 600 mm or more precipitation.

What are the lake levels looking like up there? Hopefully it improves the fishing. Maybe one day I might bring my kids up there to fish for pike while listening to the call of the loon and seeing beavers and pelican swimming around the lake.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
After tomorrow it looks like we're in for mainly sunny days hovering around 20°C. Nothing wrong with that. :) Guess it's just perspective.

Not going to last long since the short term forecast of the jet stream is predicting a collapse in western Canada.

Right back to rain and more thunderstorms.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What are the lake levels looking like up there? Hopefully it improves the fishing. Maybe one day I might bring my kids up there to fish for pike while listening to the call of the loon and seeing beavers and pelican swimming around the lake.
A fellow at Alberta Beach was worrying about 10 years ago, when he had 50 feet of beach from his pier before the lake started. This year, his basement is flooding from the lake. If you're lucky, you might be able to catch some pike in his storage room.

Another friend has water up about 20 feet towards his camp at Lac La Biche, and is worried the fire pit will be flooded out. Says he's never seen it close to that high.

But yah, all is normal here, pretty good actually.:laugh:

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
After tomorrow it looks like we're in for mainly sunny days hovering around 20°C. Nothing wrong with that. :) Guess it's just perspective.
upload_2020-7-7_22-1-26.png

Environment Canada disagrees with you. Looks like one day without rain for the next 7. That's not perspective. That's a forecast. And unfortunately, they've been right most of the summer.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That's why I like the Weather Network. :) And yes it is perspective 'cause I figure that weather there is just fine 'n dandy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A fellow at Alberta Beach was worrying about 10 years ago, when he had 50 feet of beach from his pier before the lake started. This year, his basement is flooding from the lake. If you're lucky, you might be able to catch some pike in his storage room.

Another friend has water up about 20 feet towards his camp at Lac La Biche, and is worried the fire pit will be flooded out. Says he's never seen it close to that high.

But yah, all is normal here, pretty good actually.:laugh:

Hell, I could catch them with a scoop net in his storage room!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Here's a nice pic of my backyard taken about an hour ago! Haven't turned on the sprinkler yet!! :thumbu:

SRcQTTz.jpg

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

Every body of water in the province is high. Rivers and lakes.

Even the man made lakes on the North side of the city are way up.

I didn't mow my lawn on Monday.. damn I missed the window and now it's a jungle. It's to the point where if it's a nice sunny day you have to get your ass on the lawnmower as it may be your only shot for a few days to a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad