Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I like that in the little piece on Cavan that was just on Blue Jays Central that he thinks he sees more of Jeff Bagwell in himself than he does his dad.

I would be thrilled if Cavan could be a Jeff Bagwell type offensively. I'm a huge fan of Bagwell, who was tremendously underrated for his career.

I was a massive mark for the killer b's bagwell was one of my favorite players growing up . His Stance and ability to hit high fast balls was second to none at the time

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I like that in the little piece on Cavan that was just on Blue Jays Central that he thinks he sees more of Jeff Bagwell in himself than he does his dad.

I would be thrilled if Cavan could be a Jeff Bagwell type offensively. I'm a huge fan of Bagwell, who was tremendously underrated for his career.
I got to watch Jeff Bagwell lots when I was growing up, my dad had one of those 10 foot satellite dishes and got to see a lot of Houston games, he was a beast!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Obligatory "Why doesn't Cavan just hit it the other way to beat the shift?" for Buck.

EDIT: And then he does! It's just that easy! :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I got to watch Jeff Bagwell lots when I was growing up, my dad had one of those 10 foot satellite dishes and got to see a lot of Houston games, he was a beast!

I don't think Cavan has the contact ability to get there. For all his rep as a masher, Bagwell has a career .297 average. Which when you couple with his eye and ability to take walks (Which Cavan does have) means he has an absolutely nuts career OBP of .408 (only 7 players in all of MLB last year had an OBP of .400 or better for the one year. And Bagwell did it as a matter of course for most of his entire career, topping out at a flat-out ridiculous .451 a couple times)

Cavan's going to have to be a poor-man's Bagwell. But even that is damn good.

Plus I would totally be a sucker for him adopting Bagwell's super wide squat stance :laugh:

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I don't think Cavan has the contact ability to get there. For all his rep as a masher, Bagwell has a career .297 average. Which when you couple with his eye and ability to take walks (Which Cavan does have) means he has an absolutely nuts career OBP of .408 (only 7 players in all of MLB last year had an OBP of .400 or better for the one year. And Bagwell did it as a matter of course for most of his entire career, topping out at a flat-out ridiculous .451 a couple times)

Cavan's going to have to be a poor-man's Bagwell. But even that is damn good.

Plus I would totally be a sucker for him adopting Bagwell's super wide squat stance :laugh:
when I Was playing ball as youngster I used to mimic Bagwell's swing, but I only averaged about 200, but it was me not the stance! :laugh:

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
Game has been less than 5 innings so that should be irrelevant unless they added a new rule that 3 innings is enough. Would not shock me considering all the other dumb things they do. Outdoor stadiums are awesome...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Game will be resumed tomorrow at 1:00. 2nd game will probably only be 7 innings.

It will be. All non-resumption doubleheaders are 7 innings. Suspended games that are resumed play to the completion of a combined regulation 9+ innings.

So tomorrow at 1pm they'll play the rest of tonight's game through to the 9th (or however far it takes to get a winner). Then there'll be like a half-hour break and they'll start fresh with game 2 of the doubleheader for an allotted 7 innings.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Teo makes up for his godawful throw in the top half with a nice AB

He can't play defense for squat, but at least he can hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad