Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
do you want to know the terrifying truth? Or do you want to see him sock a few dingers?!?

I'll take the dingers in that case.

Pretty valuable.

Adam Dunn had a career OBP of .364 even with a set of abjectly terrible season at the end of his career with the White Sox.

Do you know how many Blue Jays last year had an OBP that high or higher?

One. Cavan Biggio got on at an identical .364 clip in his 100-game run with the squad.

Also Dunn: Career OPS of .854, wRC+ of 123, 25.6 career fWAR with like 4 or 5 seasons at 3+ (which is a miracle considering how awful he was with the glove and how many innings he spent in the outfield in the process)

Adam Dunn is the poster child for why batting average is an awful evaluative tool on its own. We would be damn lucky if Rowdy was Adam Dunn.

I did not know about those numbers. I admit, it was a very loose comparison. It's just something I thought of on the spot.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
would have been nice to get 5 innings from Roark but with Lowe batting it’s a good call to bring in Kay

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also, not to interject your well researched and thought out argument but...Dingers.

Edit: in all seriousness Dunn's career is a fascinating one. I think SBnation did a video on just how big of an anomaly he was.

I didn't mention the dingers because they were granted in suntouchable's original post.

Dunn is the undisputed king of the 3 true outcomes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6