Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The difference in Teoscar this season is wild. He always had outrageous power but the bat to ball skills are actually there now.

Small sample size, but I'm maybe a little wary about how sustainable this is when I look at his plate discipline #s

He's swinging at more pitches out of the zone, less pitches in the zone, more overall, and he makes far less contact (which is any time bat meets ball, including foul tips and the like) and has more swinging strikes.

That said, the optimist in me though would point out that it's resulting in less overall strikeouts (30.2% vs 33% last year) and his batted ball profile includes a huge uptick in hard contact and far far fewer ground balls so he's turned those easy outs into more liners and flies (which lets him use that prodigious power to clear the fence)

Reactions: Maplebeasts

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bichette is going to be better than his father was, which is saying something.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Small sample size, but I'm maybe a little wary about how sustainable this is when I look at his plate discipline #s

He's swinging at more pitches out of the zone, less pitches in the zone, more overall, and he makes far less contact (which is any time bat meets ball, including foul tips and the like) and has more swinging strikes.

That said, the optimist in me though would point out that it's resulting in less overall strikeouts (30.2% vs 33% last year) and his batted ball profile includes a huge uptick in hard contact and far far fewer ground balls so he's turned those easy outs into more liners and flies (which lets him use that prodigious power to clear the fence)

Fair enough. I hadn't looked at all the numbers yet, was just going off what I was seeing. That being said the hard contact rate is a huge positive sign and he's a big help to the team right now.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Why was Bass in, in the 8th last night? Hoping Roark can pitch a bit deeper as the season goes on.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why was Bass in, in the 8th last night? Hoping Roark can pitch a bit deeper as the season goes on.

I think they'er trying to let Bass work though his shakiness from his last couple outings by giving him some non-closer assignments. And that for the time being Romano has passed him on the bullpen pecking order.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think they'er trying to let Bass work though his shakiness from his last couple outings by giving him some non-closer assignments. And that for the time being Romano has passed him on the bullpen pecking order.
I thought they may give him one more go but I can't argue with Romano in the ninth.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can we also do this with Cavan? 3000 hits here we come ;P

I like that in the little piece on Cavan that was just on Blue Jays Central that he thinks he sees more of Jeff Bagwell in himself than he does his dad.

I would be thrilled if Cavan could be a Jeff Bagwell type offensively. I'm a huge fan of Bagwell, who was tremendously underrated for his career.

Reactions: The MoNaRcH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad