2020 Usports Recruiting

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I'm not sure if the "bottom half" would even have much of a scholarship. But, I do agree with Miami on limited options. Play intramural or join a local men's league and be a star.

Reactions: MiamiHockey

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
Sorry, for some reason I thought that there was talk of him coming to UNB, could have been just talk or wishful thinking!
Well, as UNB Bruin says, they (UNB) were interested in him, probably a lot to the possibility he was entertaining the thought, and it would be a pretty strong pull for anyone to give up.

Reactions: Prov1X

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
F Brandon Robinson commits to Waterloo. Former OUA All-star with Laurier who spent the past two seasons with Halifax of the National Lacrosse League.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
At the end of the day, UNB = $ and if you can't agree with that, well, you're living under a rock my friend.
Sure, sure.

I've typed this so many times: all schools have the same maximum pot for AFA's (sports scholarships). Ontario shoots themselves in the foot by setting a limit below the max. UNB does its best to fund-raise the money to try to max its AFA pot; few schools manage to pull this off, but schools in the AUS certainly try. UNB does not have a varsity football team to bleed cash. Hockey is a big deal at UNB, like football to Laval and basketball to Carleton. In summary, individual hockey players can't get more than the max AFA at UNB, but probably more of them are getting the max compared to less well financed programs.

And if you ask the players, its about the rings. Right now, playing for UNB or Alberta gives you the best chance to play for and win the University Cup. And is also gives you arguably the better chance to get a pro hockey job after university.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad