Miller-York
Samuelsson-Emberson
Regula-Harris
Jones

Knight
Saville
Wolf

So my cuts would be before exhibition games:
D: Johnson, Stastney and Krygier (Easy for me, but lets see how these guys play)
F:Ford, Pinto and Mastrosimone (Tough one to predict but i see Pivonka-Janicke as a duo for fourth line and i really like Curtis Hall's game so i may be biased a bit.)

I also expect Saville to be backup and play one or two games. Many prefer Wolf but i think he is backup next year behing Knight.

Wahlstrom, Wilde, Boldy and Lindmark are the ones who are not here from my early prediction. Wahlstrom is hopefully going to be there. Not suprised that Wilde and Lindmark was left out. I included Boldy but it is not shock by any means that he was not selected. We have enough depth these days that everybody have to perform and Boldy needs to do better.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

it is a deep defensive group and Wilde has missed much of the year, he had little chance to begin with unfortunately..Jones, Harris and Johnson all deserving to be here...

the forwards are pretty solid, really wish Wall-E was here same with Boldy...but Oliver can still be named apparently which is good.

this group went from an elite offense, to a darn good offense - Jack Hughes, Farabee, Wall-E and Boldy were all locks when we were making these rosters to start the year (we knew Hughes wouldn't make it)..that is a lot of fire power not here..

Kaliyev is here, thank the f***ing Gods...same with N Robertson...

Reactions: SpartanProdigy

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I'm not a fan of Gruden, but they insist on bringing him to every single tournament. Does Lamoriello have a history of letting or not letting eligible players from the AHL go and play?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Defense is lacking Jones. He’s probably our most in form defensemen this season and the team needs more PP defensemen. York is the only real threat on the PP among those defensemen you listed.

They could also go with 4F on the PP. Didn't they play Robertson on the blueline in the summer camp?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm not a fan of Gruden, but they insist on bringing him to every single tournament. Does Lamoriello have a history of letting or not letting eligible players from the AHL go and play?
He let Nylander, Kapanen, and Liljegren play when he managed to Leafs. I do think at the very least we were required to release the Swedes. Not sure if the same transfer agreement made us release Kapanen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With Farabee

Farabee-Turcotte-Caufield
Robertson-Zegras-Wahlstrom
Brink-Drury-Kaliyev
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Pinto

Without Farabee

Robertson-Turcotte-Kaliyev
Brink-Zegras-Wahlstrom
Mastrosimone-Drury-Caufield
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Pinto

I think we might need to pick Mastrosimone because without Boldy we are losing a scoring threat and a good playmaker. This team has plenty of goal scorers, but a lot fewer playmakers. Having Farabee instead would help, but that’s unlikely, although I still think it’s more likely than most want to admit.

Gruden should have no chance to make it. Probably little chance for Hall, as well. Mastrosimone depends entirely on Farabee, in my opinion. Pinto is a good pick for 13th forward. Can play on a skill line or a grinding line. Can play center or wing. Ford probably unluckily misses out for that 13F spot due to the need for extra skill with no Boldy.

Samuelsson-Emberson
Miller-Jones
York-Regula
Johnson

I’d reunite the shutdown pair we had with the NTDP. It’s hard to figure out the LHD who plays on their offside, but I’d think someone who plays the style Jones does would fit that role well. Pair him with Miller. That should be our top four pretty easily. York and Regula should make an effective third pair. Johnson as 7th D because he’ll be back next year. Harris makes the team, if there are any injuries. The rest should be easy cuts.

Knight
Wolf
Saville

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

It’s because of his father. These kinds of favors shouldn’t still be happening, but I could see him on the team and ruining a top six line, like he’s done before for us.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
it is a deep defensive group

Is it? I think it’s a weak defensive group. Which defensemen on the team is a better prospect? Do we have a top five defenseman in the tournament?

I agree that he had little chance to make it after the injury, but I wouldn’t give USAH a free pass for that decision.

SpartanProdigy

Apr 22, 2019
Robertson-Turcotte-Caufield
Wahlstrom-Zegras-Kaliyev
Gruden-Hall-Brink
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Drury

Bummer if Wahlstrom is not released.

Miller-York
Samuelsson-Emberson
Regula-Harris
Jones

Knight
Saville
Wolf

So my cuts would be before exhibition games:
D: Johnson, Stastney and Krygier (Easy for me, but lets see how these guys play)
F:Ford, Pinto and Mastrosimone (Tough one to predict but i see Pivonka-Janicke as a duo for fourth line and i really like Curtis Hall's game so i may be biased a bit.)

I also expect Saville to be backup and play one or two games. Many prefer Wolf but i think he is backup next year behing Knight.

Wahlstrom, Wilde, Boldy and Lindmark are the ones who are not here from my early prediction. Wahlstrom is hopefully going to be there. Not suprised that Wilde and Lindmark was left out. I included Boldy but it is not shock by any means that he was not selected. We have enough depth these days that everybody have to perform and Boldy needs to do better.

Almost spot on to what I would prefer/predict will happen. Some guys are putting Robertson as 3rd line LW, I definitely want to see him on the 1st line w/ Turcotte and Caufield (assuming they play Kaliyev as RW I think he's best LW on team and that line will be deadly).

I actually think they may play Zegras at LW as well, he's not special in the dot, he played almost strictly LW at WJSS and they actually have an issue w/ too many right-hand shots (especially if Wahlstrom is released) so I think some of the RH C's will play C over Zegras (Hall, Ford, Pinto).

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
With Farabee

Farabee-Turcotte-Caufield
Robertson-Zegras-Wahlstrom
Brink-Drury-Kaliyev
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Pinto
-----
I’d reunite the shutdown pair we had with the NTDP. It’s hard to figure out the LHD who plays on their offside, but I’d think someone who plays the style Jones does would fit that role well. Pair him with Miller. That should be our top four pretty easily. York and Regula should make an effective third pair. Johnson as 7th D because he’ll be back next year. Harris makes the team, if there are any injuries. The rest should be easy cuts.

Knight
Wolf
Saville

Farabee is a contributing forward on a playoff team. For the last goddamn time he's not playing in the WJC. He's even stated he doesn't want to go to the tournament.

Harris will be on the team outright because he is really good. He's a fantastic skater and can fill a similar role to what you describe while providing solid D.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Farabee isn't going to be made available for the WJC. The Flyers official writer (Bill Meltzer) said as much right here (below):

Farabee not available for WJC.png

Reactions: William H Bonney

SpartanProdigy

Apr 22, 2019
Zegras-Hall-Kaliyev
Brink-Drury-Wahlstrom
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Gruden

Samuelsson-Emberson
Miller-Jones
York-Regula
Harris

Knight
Wolfe
Saville

Only reason I think Hall plays 2nd line C is because he shoots R centering two LH shots, otherwise would think Drury plays 2C, but instead he centers two RH shots. Think they keep Pivonka-Janicke paired together and along w/ Beecher gives them a solid checking line and PK unit. I give Hall the nod over Pinto and Ford simply because of his physical presence, good skater, strong 2-way play and ability to score dirty goals in front of the net (Zegras obviously drives that line from a playmaking perspective).

Given the youth in the forward group, think all things equal, they emphasize age, experience and defensive play over youth (the top tier 01's on this team should have no issues scoring).

Don't think Gruden deserves to make the team but knowing how much USAH loves him, think there's no way he does not make team so made him extra skater (realistically think they prob slot him in on LW on 3rd or 4th line, maybe even centers 2nd line).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is it? I think it’s a weak defensive group. Which defensemen on the team is a better prospect? Do we have a top five defenseman in the tournament?

I agree that he had little chance to make it after the injury, but I wouldn’t give USAH a free pass for that decision.
I think it is deep in terms of guys that are #5-7 are as solid as I have seen in a while..We don't have that dominating top pair, but overall I really like what they can do with this group...this should be a strong worker bee like defense that can roll out any pairing at any time of the game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Farabee is a contributing forward on a playoff team. For the last goddamn time he's not playing in the WJC. He's even stated he doesn't want to go to the tournament.

Harris will be on the team outright because he is really good. He's a fantastic skater and can fill a similar role to what you describe while providing solid D.

You had to qualify that a lot to make his contribution seem bigger than it is. It seems like the post above suggests the Flyers refused, but I don’t know how much that reporter knows and I also don’t know how the process works if the team decides to make a different decision a few weeks later. It was probably always unlikely, but too many of you ruled it out for some reason I don’t understand. No 19 year old player playing 10-14 minutes per game is a lock to be on the roster 2-3 weeks later.

As to Harris, I don’t know whose place he takes of those I named. We have two left shots returning. They are locks. Jones has been our most in form defensemen this season, and the other two LHD are 01’s, so they can return next year. It would behoove USAH to take both as it’s a big boost to have players on the team who’ve already played in a WJC. If it’s close, York and Johnson should get precedent over Harris. And then the team shouldn’t only go with one right shot. Harris is not good enough to justify taking six left shots. He’s a good prospect, but I think he should miss out this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras-Hall-Kaliyev
Brink-Drury-Wahlstrom
Beecher-Pivonka-Janicke
Gruden

Samuelsson-Emberson
Miller-Jones
York-Regula
Harris

Knight
Wolfe
Saville

Only reason I think Hall plays 2nd line C is because he shoots R centering two LH shots, otherwise would think Drury plays 2C, but instead he centers two RH shots. Think they keep Pivonka-Janicke paired together and along w/ Beecher gives them a solid checking line and PK unit. I give Hall the nod over Pinto and Ford simply because of his physical presence, good skater, strong 2-way play and ability to score dirty goals in front of the net (Zegras obviously drives that line from a playmaking perspective).

Given the youth in the forward group, think all things equal, they emphasize age, experience and defensive play over youth (the top tier 01's on this team should have no issues scoring).

Don't think Gruden deserves to make the team but knowing how much USAH loves him, think there's no way he does not make team so made him extra skater (realistically think they prob slot him in on LW on 3rd or 4th line, maybe even centers 2nd line).

I see your point with who is being put at center, but I wouldn’t like that. You could argue Hall, Pinto, Ford, Drury all shouldn’t be on the team. Trying to force two of them into the top nine could ruin a few of our lines, if they can’t keep up. It’s best to only have one of them as a third line center.

SpartanProdigy

Apr 22, 2019
I see your point with who is being put at center, but I wouldn’t like that. You could argue Hall, Pinto, Ford, Drury all shouldn’t be on the team. Trying to force two of them into the top nine could ruin a few of our lines, if they can’t keep up. It’s best to only have one of them as a third line center.
I agree but in reality I think it will be worse. Given the number of talented '01s and lack of '00s, I actually think they will try to force experience in the top 9 and realistically I can see them putting Drury 2C and Gruden 3C simply because they are 19yos (not bc they are the best options).

Just the way Sandelin keeps mentioning the talent yet "youth" in the forward group as if it's a drawback, makes it seems like it is something that they are fairly concerned about and could result in forcing some less talented older players into positions they probably don't deserve.

Last edited:

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I’m not saying I agree with it but this is the team I think they send.. not the one I’d send. I didn’t include Wahlstrom because while I expect him to be there, I don’t know that yet.

Zegras- Turcotte- Caufield
Robertson- Drury- Kaliyev
Gruden- Pinto- Ford
Beecher- Pivonka- Janicke
Brink

Samuelsson- Regula
Miller- Emberson
York- Jones
Johnson

Knight
Wolf
Saville

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
You had to qualify that a lot to make his contribution seem bigger than it is. It seems like the post above suggests the Flyers refused, but I don’t know how much that reporter knows and I also don’t know how the process works if the team decides to make a different decision a few weeks later. It was probably always unlikely, but too many of you ruled it out for some reason I don’t understand. No 19 year old player playing 10-14 minutes per game is a lock to be on the roster 2-3 weeks later.
Because we actually watch the Flyers and realize how important he is to the team right now instead of just checking box scores like yourself. He absolutely is a lock to this roster, especially with TK out with a concussion now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because we actually watch the Flyers and realize how important he is to the team right now instead of just checking box scores like yourself. He absolutely is a lock to this roster, especially with TK out with a concussion now.

Speak for yourself and I’ll speak for myself.

You Flyers fans are very touchy about this. Your team should play him more if you don’t want this topic to come up. Until then, it’s a valid discussion. If you don’t like it, that’s your issue and you are going to have to deal with it.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

You Flyers fans are very touchy about this. Your team should play him more if you don’t want this topic to come up. Until then, it’s a valid discussion. If you don’t like it, that’s your issue and you are going to have to deal with it.
Pretty "touchy" response. The flyers do not send contributing roster players to the WJC. I don't think they have ever done it. Farabee will be on the roster for the entire year. There isn't anything to debate.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

So Wahlstrom who is in the AHL and hasn't scored a point in the NHL yet. Farabee has outpaced and outplayed Hughes so far this season. Yet the Islanders (probably) and the Devils aren't going to release their players. So why the hell would the Flyers release Farabee?

We will play him more. But only because Konecny is out indefinitely with a concussion. Other than that, if the line-up was healthy, we wouldn't be. He has played very well on a 3rd line (probably better than a handful of other teams 2nd lines) for a winning team.

Literally you are the only person on this board who still thinks Farabee will be playing for Team USA. Every one else has come to terms with the fact that on December 26th, he'll be jumping on a plane to San Jose to play the Sharks and not in the Czech Republic.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014

Dude, what is your obsession with farabee?
The flyers fans say he isn't going.
Reports are that the team has said he isn't going.
He's playing meaningful minutes and doing well, regardless of how hard you try to argue he isn't.
Just drop it already

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad