WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, the best 3-0n-3 OT players are the ones who can score on their opportunities. Bäck would be far down my list and he did waste two grade A chances. I think he had a pretty decent game overall though, strong on the puck in the offensive zone.
Yeah, I just think Hugo had a better game so that's why I'm thinking he could go over Bäck.

Hållander playing for Luleå today wtf?
So he is, his last game was in September though.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Good for him. Wouldn't want him on this WJC team anyway coming back from injury. He's not that amazing, even when fully healthy.

He would easily walk inte top 6 on this team even considering coming back from injury. I don’t think he’s fantastic but this team doesn’t exactly flooding with offensive firepower and he could have brought something.

Montén chosed to not wait for him.. ”He is to far away” he said to the media..

That bloke is such a moron. Playing in the SHL today would have meant he had missed one game in this tournament. If Raymond is here than Hållander should be here too. Stupid decision.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Don't worry, we have these great centers coming u-Aaaand they're moved to the wing.

Next year's center group is likely going to be brutal, from top to bottom. Can't even come up with any names I like. They will have to go with guys from J20 most likely.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
As always. weak on centers...

Not always. But recently. And increasingly.

Very likely the best potential center on the current team is not playing center, and maybe the same goes for the next best....

Looks better from 02 and later, but next year will likely be brutal at C again.

The German 1st line is crazy w two 02-born. The success/no success in this tourney will be decided in one single game for the Swedes - a game played after two completely meaningless games against very inferior opponents. I hope Monten does try some reshuffling today and the next two games, because it may be too late to start experimenting being 0-2 down in a quarter final.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Next year's center group is likely going to be brutal, from top to bottom. Can't even come up with any names I like. They will have to go with guys from J20 most likely.

Hopefully Niederbach and William Eklund get to play the center position on their club teams. With another year of development and hopefully some senior hockey experience, I think they would be ok. Definitely more creative options than this year.

Reactions: felixpettersson

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hopefully Niederbach and William Eklund get to play the center position on their club teams. With another year of development and hopefully some senior hockey experience, I think they would be ok. Definitely more creative options than this year.

I hope so too. I don't think either of them are going to see much icetime in the SHL next season though. The chances of either of them playing center at the SHL level next season are also probably extremely small.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
what is the point record for 17 year old for Sweden at WJC? I know Filip Forsberg had a great underage tournament.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How he can call it the "right decision" when he has the 20/20 stating the opposite is baffling.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Söderström should be on PP1 imo. Lundkvist is good, but why break up the first pairing?

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
what is the point record for 17 year old for Sweden at WJC? I know Filip Forsberg had a great underage tournament.

Filip didn't have a great 17 year old tournament, got only 1 point. When he was 18 years old he got 5 points, and then 19 years old he got 12 points.

When it comes to players in their 17 year old season, in recent years I think it's Alex Nylander.

Here's a list of players who are currently playing in the NHL (and Daniel and Henrik Sedin), and how many points they had in the WJC when they were 17 years old. I might have missed someone.

PlayerGamesGoalsAssistsPoints
Alexander Nylander7459
Nicklas Bäckström6437
Magnus Pääjärvi6257
Rasmus Dahlin7066
Daniel Sedin (17 yr season)7415
Henrik Sedin (17 yr season)7044
Elias Lindholm6224
Rickard Rakell 5033
Gabriel Landeskog1112
Victor Hedman6022
Elias Pettersson6011
Filip Forsberg6011
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A lot of players who are now prominent NHLers didn't play the WJC at 17-years old, to name a few: Erik Karlsson, William Karlsson, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Mika Zibanejad and William Nylander.

Edit: added Magnus Pääjärvi

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Eklund has been moved to the wing a few games into the season and has also played there internationally.

Niederbach, Frölunda moved to the wing but back again, and same thing happened when he played at a U18 tournament IIRC. Dower Nilsson also got that treatment internationally.

Oh how I hate it. If that bullshit wouldn't happen we could've gotten a center depth of Henriksson-Eklund-Niederbach-Dower Nilsson for next years WJCs.

Reactions: felixpettersson

MissingNo

Aug 29, 2012
Luleå
Filip didn't have a great 17 year old tournament, got only 1 point. When he was 18 years old he got 5 points, and then 19 years old he got 12 points.

When it comes to players in their 17 year old season, in recent years I think it's Alex Nylander.

Here's a list of players who are currently playing in the NHL (and Daniel and Henrik Sedin), and how many points they had in the WJC when they were 17 years old. I might have missed someone.

PlayerGamesGoalsAssistsPoints
Alexander Nylander7459
Nicklas Bäckström6437
Rasmus Dahlin7066
Daniel Sedin (17 yr season)7415
Henrik Sedin (17 yr season)7044
Elias Lindholm6224
Rickard Rakell 5033
Gabriel Landeskog1112
Victor Hedman6022
Elias Pettersson6011
Filip Forsberg6011
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A lot of players who are now prominent NHLers didn't play the WJC at 17-years old, to name a few: Erik Karlsson, William Karlsson, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Mika Zibanejad and William Nylander.
You forgot Magnus Pääjärvi

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He would easily walk inte top 6 on this team even considering coming back from injury. I don’t think he’s fantastic but this team doesn’t exactly flooding with offensive firepower and he could have brought something.

That bloke is such a moron. Playing in the SHL today would have meant he had missed one game in this tournament. If Raymond is here than Hållander should be here too. Stupid decision.
I mean who is suprised at this point? He passed on Söderström who has been sublime so far.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I mean who is suprised at this point? He passed on Söderström who has been sublime so far.
Knowing the SHL teams and how they work, they dont quite like to release their players to the national teams if they dont have to (theres multiple examples of this throughout the years), so it could be that Luleå gave Monten and the SIHA bad info om Hållanders injury.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009

Yeah Imagine Finland missing all top 3 centers... in Lundell kotkaniemi Kupari :O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad