WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Russia is a team i dont want in quarters. Theyre unpredictable, but they always come to play in playoffs.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Nobody cares, finnish homer. Go talk about it in your own thread, or scream into the finnish wilderness how important this tourny is to you

Man, you’re just everywhere taking stupid battles with Finnish posters. Relax, why you have to be mad, it’s just a game.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Man, you’re just everywhere taking stupid battles with Finnish posters. Relax, why you have to be mad, it’s just a game.
What? Where? What reason and what agenda does that Bruno have here then? ”Relaxing”?

We want to relax, so when posters go around screaming out their pesky agenda towards swedes or whatever reason, they should be called out on it

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
What? Where? What reason and what agenda does that Bruno have here then? ”Relaxing”?

We want to relax, so when posters go around screaming out their pesky agenda towards swedes or whatever reason, they should be called out on it

Yeah I’ve seen you before and no, don’t ever feed the trolls!

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Yeah I’ve seen you before and no, don’t ever feed the trolls!
Well, you may be right, but its been a while now. BrunO, erikfromfin and the rest of the lively bunch usually only show up this time of the year. I shouldve learned by now that its pointless, but sometimes the fingers twitch a little too much

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think both Björnfot and Broberg will look better in tight games compared to games against Kazakstan. Our top pair looks great. Lundkvist is no difference maker offensively here but he's solid. Norlinder is in a tough spot playing with a different partner every shift, a couple of sloppy plays against Kazakstan but overall I'd say he looks really good.

Reactions: Star Ocean

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Draisaitl is -18
McDavid is -7

Guess they both also sucks then ;)

They're on a team that has an overall -22 (or something similar) 5vs5. Always relate individual +/- to team performance. There could also be some adjustments needed to the individual numbers for LD and CMcD due to empty netters.

I do agree however that +/- can be very misleading and hardly ever provide good answers.

However it can be useful to bring forward questions.

For example, Broberg at -4 given that Sweden as a team has let in a total of 5 goals 5vs5 is clearly interesting despite sample size being ridiculously small. Either he has been on the ice for zero goals forward and 4 goals against - or he has been on the ice for one forward and all goals against. 5vs5 that is as I don't recall Sweden either scoring SH or conceding in PP. Now the question becomes if and how this is related to his (or him + Björnfot) individual play. Or maybe it's an indication of the forward line they usually play behind? I'll let someone else dwell on that...

The most eye-popping stat in my book is Holtz having a grand total of 5 shots on net so far.....

Edit: Took less than two periods against Slovakia to get these question marks straightened out....:)

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
If canada wins over czech rep sweden gets czech rep
If czech rep wins over Canada in regulation sweden gets canada
If czech rep wins over Canada in OT sweden gets russia

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Have only got to watch pieces of Sweden games... what have you guys thought of Berggren?

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Oh god if sandin is out ginning will get more playing time.

I would change:

Söderström and lundkvist on PP1
Broberg-Björnfot on PP2

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
It seems that sweden never plays against USA or Canada. It is kinda sad, those games are fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad