WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’ve heard bad things about Adam Ginning (but I haven’t seen him play at all yet this season). Is he regressing? I’m a Flyers fan and I’m still baffled about that pick for going on 18 months now

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I’ve heard bad things about Adam Ginning (but I haven’t seen him play at all yet this season). Is he regressing? I’m a Flyers fan and I’m still baffled about that pick for going on 18 months now
He looks as expected, slow and not very mobile.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Not really regressing just no noticeable improvement.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Have a look at the Slovaks second goal yesterday

There was some context needed for that play though. They were up by 5 or 6 at the time and there was 2 mins left in the game I believe. He got a chance to take a run at the guy that hacked Sandin and made him leave the game. Maybe he wouldve done it regardless but I think that was more of a message being sent than him trying to make the right play

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
There was some context needed for that play though. They were up by 5 or 6 at the time and there was 2 mins left in the game I believe. He got a chance to take a run at the guy that hacked Sandin and made him leave the game. Maybe he wouldve done it regardless but I think that was more of a message being sent than him trying to make the right play

It’s true it was at the end of the game with a 5-1 lead so not that big of a deal, it just came to mind when he asked. Besides this I haven’t really noticed him much which is a good sign for his type of defencemen

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Thats sports. You'd hope this stuff doesn't happen out of good sportsmanship for your opponents, but they do.

This is why teams don't like publicizing injuries. I can't blame them. Why does the public need to know about what injuries a player has? Are they going to evaluate the MRI themselves?

Reactions: Merrrlin

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Alnefelt looks great in goal and we have a very good top line with some secondary scoring. I like how hard this team works. Gustavsson is unbelievable on the dot.

That top PP did not look good however. Sandin and Lundkvist have not been threats from the blue line and they constantly fail to set up Fagemo for the one-timer. The Russians are going to make it even more difficult. Also, Fagemo on the goal line at 5 on 3? I'd put both Holtz and Fagemo on the ice with the two man advantage.

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
That top PP did not look good. Sandin and Lundkvist have not been threats from the blue line and they constantly fail to set up Fagemo for the one-timer. The Russians are going to make it even more difficult. Also, Fagemo on the goal line at 5 on 3? I'd put both Holtz and Fagemo on the ice with the two man advantage.
Sandin has been good, but lundkvist has been taking bad angle muffin shots on PP.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sandin has been good, but lundkvist has been taking bad angle muffin shots on PP.

I don't blame him. Someone has to take the shot if they can't get it to Fagemo. I would consider replacing Lundkvist with Raymond but that would mess up the 2nd unit (and it's not going to happen).

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
It is going to be hard to beat the russians, i dont think we'll do it.

They want revenge for U18 gold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad