WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Basically:

Sandin, Boqvist and Björnfot IN - Lundmark, Norlinder and Filip Johansson OUT. Together with Broberg-Lundqvist-Ginning-Söderström the best junior defense corpse assembled.

NHL-Gustafsson, AHL-Holmström IN - 2 Of Sundsvik, Karlberg, Åman and SSK-Gustafsson OUT

Just add third goalie.

LOT's of hardpiped 00's at forward and defense! Quite good team after all. Gunler or Grewe, sorry, (wingers) ok choices to add late! Monten has thought of every psychological aspects thinkable.

Fagemo - Gustafsson - Holmström
Holtz - Olofsson - Raymond (Hooray-line)
Höglander - Bäck - Karlberg
Berggren - Sundsvik - Eriksson
Pasic

Sandin - Boqvist (elite)
Broberg - Lundqvist (åttor runt motståndarna)
Ginning - Söderström (Söderström, the real Soda, will make Ginny look like a star, well, almost)
Björnfot (better luck in NHL!)

A-L-E

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Basically:

Sandin, Boqvist and Björnfot IN - Lundmark, Norlinder and Filip Johansson OUT. Together with Broberg-Lundqvist-Ginning-Söderström the best junior defense corpse assembled.

NHL-Gustafsson, AHL-Holmström IN - 2 Of Sundsvik, Karlberg, Åman and SSK-Gustafsson OUT

Just add third goalie.

LOT's of hardpiped 00's at forward and defense! Quite good team after all. Gunler or Grewe, sorry, (wingers) ok choices to add late! Monten has thought of every psychological aspects thinkable.

Pasic

Sandin - Boqvist (elite)
Ginning - Söderström (Söderström, the real Soda, will make Ginny look like a star, well, almost)

A-L-E
Grewe shouldn't be anywhere near our WJC team.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Interesting to see both Ginning and Lundmark on that roster considering that they have recently sliped to the bottom of Linköping's defensive heirarchy (the SHL one of course). Ginning have been the 7th d-man lately (soon to be 8th with the signing of Lofquist?) and Lundmark have been playing with the J20 team. Meanwhile William Worge Kreü (also born in 2000) have seen more TOI over the past 5 games and plays better than Ginning.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Interesting to see both Ginning and Lundmark on that roster considering that they have recently sliped to the bottom of Linköping's defensive heirarchy (the SHL one of course). Ginning have been the 7th d-man lately (soon to be 8th with the signing of Lofquist?) and Lundmark have been playing with the J20 team. Meanwhile William Worge Kreü (also born in 2000) have seen more TOI over the past 5 games and plays better than Ginning.
Montén and his boys love Ginning, I remember last year when Hockeynews filmed them talking the dmen Ginning was a guarantee for them and the things they said about him were objectively false(like his ice time being much higher than it was).

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Basically:

Just add third goalie.

Pasic

Sandin - Boqvist (elite)

A-L-E
Fagemo - Gustafsson - Holmström is not a first line combo I like. Switch Berggren with Holmström and it's a lock for me. If not Berggren it's either Raymond or Höglander. I do love the idea of Raymond on that line, but I'm sure he will play with Holtz.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Montén and his boys love Ginning, I remember last year when Hockeynews filmed them talking the dmen Ginning was a guarantee for them and the things they said about him were objectively false(like his ice time being much higher than it was).
I remember that too. And that is also why I think he will have the spot over someone like Norlinder.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Alnefelt has to be the nr 1 goalie.

SHL51.52.937|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thats no joke. He was a wall when we won gold aswell.

190 cm, very big.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Fagemo - Gustafsson - Holmström is not a first line combo I like. Switch Berggren with Holmström and it's a lock for me. If not Berggren it's either Raymond or Höglander. I do love the idea of Raymond on that line, but I'm sure he will play with Holtz.

Good idea. It will put Holmström on a third line, though. Karlberg 13th forward?

Fagemo - Gustafsson - Berggren
Holtz - Olofsson - Raymond
Höglander - Pasic - Holmström
Eriksson - Bäck - Karlberg
Sundsvik

Sandin - Boqvist
Broberg - Lundqvist
Ginning - Söderström
Björnfot

Lindbom

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wernblom with 5 points in 7 games while playing for Västervik. Only 14 pim in 12 games. Maybe he finally learned to play within the rules.

Anton Heikkinen is flying under the rader, 5 goals in 12 games, he is a sniper.

And where is the hype of Karl Jonsson? He is having a even better season than Norlinder. It pisses me off that Ginning will have a spot over Jonsson/Norlinder/Cronholm.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Simon Holmstrom probably wouldnt mind to play a few games against kids his age. He has 1 point in 9 games in AHL right now. Not easy level for an 18 years old... wonder what were the Islanders motivation to keep him there

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Wernblom with 5 points in 7 games while playing for Västervik. Only 14 pim in 12 games. Maybe he finally learned to play within the rules.

Anton Heikkinen is flying under the rader, 5 goals in 12 games, he is a sniper.

And where is the hype of Karl Jonsson? He is having a even better season than Norlinder. It pisses me off that Ginning will have a spot over Jonsson/Norlinder/Cronholm.

Now we are suckers for a second team!

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Good idea. It will put Holmström on a third line, though. Karlberg 13th forward?

Fagemo - Gustafsson - Berggren
Höglander - Pasic - Holmström
Eriksson - Bäck - Karlberg
Sundsvik

Sandin - Boqvist
Broberg - Lundqvist
Ginning - Söderström
Björnfot

Lindbom
I don't know, but I like Karlberg. Smallish speedy players always seem to ecel in WJC. I've seen way too many big body guys looking sluggish in this tournament over the years.

Reactions: Prntscrn

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Bäck with a bad season. He should not be on this team. But he will becuse he was there last season, its so silly how swedish coaches always do this every year.

Reactions: king89

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Bäck with a bad season. He should not be on this team. But he will becuse he was there last season, its so silly how swedish coaches always do this every year.

Almost none of our forwards are having a good season. He's in good company.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So Söderström will miss yet another international tournament. He's got way less NT experience compared to others, Montén has never coached him, competition is hard for spots, he's still an underaged player and we already have two other smallish RHD's in Boqvist and Lundkvist. He should obviously be a lock but I wonder if Montén sees it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
My last prediction.

What i think Monten will do:

Alnefeldt
Lindblom
Eliasson

Sandin - Boqvist
Björnfot - Lundkvist
Broberg - Söderström
Ginning

Fagemo - D.Gustafsson - Berggren
Höglander - Pasic - Jakobsson
Eriksson - Bäck - Wernblom
Grewe

What i want:

Alnefelt
Lindblom
Myrenberg

Sandin - Boqvist
Björnfot - Lundkvist
Broberg - Söderström
Karl Jonsson /Norlinder/Albert Johansson

Fagemo - D.Gustafsson - Berggren
Höglander - Pasic - Jakobsson
Holmström/Karlberg - H.Gustafsson/Henrikson - Gunler/Nybeck

(assuming Hållander is out and that we get our players from nhl and ahl)

Last edited:
Reactions: TakinMaattaOnMyRide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad