WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wjc could be a disaster for sweden. Coyotes fans want soderstrom to make the team

These kids are getting 17+ minutes handed to them during preseason. Now watch that get cut in half once the actual season starts. I think all of them will be available by Christmas.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
With Hållander possible out:

Eliasson
Lindblom
Alnefelt

Sandin - Boqvist
Broberg - Lundkvist
Björnfot - Söderström
Ginning

Holtz - D.Gustavsson - Fagemo
Höglander - Olofsson - Gunler
Berggren - H.Gustafsson - Raymond
Cederqvist - Bäck - A.Eriksson
Henriksson

Is really Henriksson a better alternative than for example Adam Falk?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Holmstrom making noise at the Islanders camp. He might stay in North America with Bridgeport.
That's where I'd expect him to play, should get around or more even minutes in the AHL than in the SHL.

Sounds like Gustafsson has made the Jets, but they'll decide if playing him(and Heinola) few minutes in the NHL is a better idea than many minutes in the SHL/AHL.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The only roster piece we can't afford to lose is David Gustafsson. You can remove anybody else from the roster and still make it work.

I think there's a very real risk of that happening. Gustafsson is strong, mature and excellent on the face-off dot. Wouldn't surprise me if he sticks in a bottom 6 role. And yes, that would be pretty disastrous for this team.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
David Gustafsson, Tobias Björnfot & Rasmus Sandin will start in NHL.

No decision on Simon Holmström yet (Should come today).

Arizona sent back Victor Söderström to SHL.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I think there's a very real risk of that happening. Gustafsson is strong, mature and excellent on the face-off dot. Wouldn't surprise me if he sticks in a bottom 6 role. And yes, that would be pretty disastrous for this team.
I am surprised that so many swedish 18, 19 year olds takes a rosterspot in NHL at this point.

WJC team could be very weak this year.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Norlinder is off to a good start in Allsvenskan with 4 goals in the last 4 games he's played for Modo. Hoping he can make Team Sweden as it would be great experience for him.

He should definitely be in the mix but I'd say his chances are minimal if everyone becomes available. He'd have to either outplay one of the 5 returning players or Söderström/Björnfot plus the other candidates.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some wildcards:

Albert Johansson, Färjestad. Good start with 2 points in 2 games and +5.

Kevin Wennström and Adam Edström, both from Rögle. Rögle is 1th in SHL right now and this 2 players have taken a spot and done a good job on the 4th line. Both of them are smiliar to Wernblom/Grewe but without the penalties. Another one who is similiar is Victor Sandberg from Färjestad.

Axel Andersson, seems like he have taken a AHL-spot. If you are 18 years old and take a AHL-spot right away you have to be good.

Travis Treloar, did a good job in USHL last year and started off great this season with 4 points in 3 games.

Karl Jonsson, very small D from Karlskoga with 4 points in 7 games and +5.

Linus Pettersson, small wizard from Modo.

David Lilja, gritty guy who have played in Allsvenskan for 3 seasons in row.

Oliver Nilsson, another small wizard, this one from Tingsryd. Started off great with 2 points in 3 games.

Linus Cronholm, physical dman from Malmö. Was good in SHL last year. Done a good job in Karlskrona so far.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
I think the forward lines are quite tricky this year because of Raymond and Holtz. Like, should they play them on the same line, or could you split them up? Should both of them play top 6? I think both of them should play top 6.

I kinda like the idea of these top 6 combinations:

Fagemo - D Gustafsson - Raymond
Berggren - Olofsson - Holtz

If Montén decides to play Raymond and Holtz together, then Berggren should play on the same line as Fagemo. Either way you get a good mix of playmaking, sniping and two-way game on both top lines.

The defense is solid if everyone is available. And also a perfect mix of LD and RD:

Sandin - Boqvist
Broberg -Lundkvist
Björnfot - Söderström

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
I think the forward lines are quite tricky this year because of Raymond and Holtz. Like, should they play them on the same line, or could you split them up? Should both of them play top 6? I think both of them should play top 6.

I kinda like the idea of these top 6 combinations:

Fagemo - D Gustafsson - Raymond
Berggren - Olofsson - Holtz

If Montén decides to play Raymond and Holtz together, then Berggren should play on the same line as Fagemo. Either way you get a good mix of playmaking, sniping and two-way game on both top lines.

The defense is solid if everyone is available. And also a perfect mix of LD and RD:

Sandin - Boqvist
Broberg -Lundkvist
Björnfot - Söderström

Small aside, but unless Dahlin comes then technically everyone is not available ;)

Also I cannot see how Ginning does not make the team since he went last year. I think Björnfot and Söderström should be on the team ahead of him, but the Swedish management on all levels seem quite loyal to whomever they perceive as "their guy".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad