WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Broberg is meh? He is been playing great in SHL. Ginning cant even hold a roster spot in SHL.
D0n't bother replying to him. He hates Broberg because he wanted the Oilers to draft Zergas/Caufield instead.

Have you watched Broberg in the SHL this year? Any thoughts on his play?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If he was playing so great you would think he wouldnt be 6th in defensive icetime for his team by like...2 minutes a game.
And Ginning while playing in the SHL was 7th(only including players with as many gp as him) by nearly 3 minutes a game. How many minutes per game less than Broberg you ask? 5 and a half. Ginning in those minutes he got played so bad that he got loaned out to Allsvenskan.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
How isn't Carl Jakobsson on the team? With 4 goals so far this season in the SHL only Holtz and Fagemo can match him on the current roster.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
How many goals have Raymond & Holtz scored 5 on 5 the last year or so? Can't be many. Why do they insist on playing these two together?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
How many goals have Raymond & Holtz scored 5 on 5 the last year or so? Can't be many. Why do they insist on playing these two together?
I also don't know why? They are OK on the same line, but definately don't have any insane chemistry.

Reactions: VictorLustig

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You mean in this seasons' 2 U20 tournaments?

Also Bäck is really invisible, not sure why you put him with either of them.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
You mean in this seasons' 2 U20 tournaments?

Also Bäck is really invisible, not sure why you put him with either of them.

They probably scored more in the past than I remember but I only counted three 5 on 5 goals from the Raymond - Henriksson - Holtz line at the U18 WC. Quite few considering the minutes they got and the quality of competition in the group stage. Since then, nothing. They are not Sedin twins, I don't understand why separating them would be such a big deal.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
They probably scored more in the past than I remember but I only counted three 5 on 5 goals from the Raymond - Henriksson - Holtz line at the U18 WC. Quite few considering the minutes they got and the quality of competition in the group stage. Since then, nothing. They are not Sedin twins, I don't understand why separating them would be such a big deal.
The event leading up to the U18 IIRC was the worst one for the combo of the two of them, remove Holtz' 4-goal game and I think they might have had 0 5v5 points together. They seperated them during one game and just some shift after that Nybeck scored from Holtz.

Only question I'd have about seperating them is who they would play with.

Reactions: VictorLustig

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Simon Holmstrom probably wouldnt mind to play a few games against kids his age. He has 1 point in 9 games in AHL right now. Not easy level for an 18 years old... wonder what were the Islanders motivation to keep him there

Holmstrom has scored 3 goals now and has been impressive by most reports. He's been producing offensively lately, but he has earned praise for his complete play even early in the season. Wahlstrom is back in the AHL (set up Holmstrom for his 3rd goal today) and Bode Wilde is almost ready to go from a high ankle sprain so Bridgeport is getting a major talent infusion. It's a good sign that Holmstrom has the size and skating ability to handle the pace as an 18 year old. He's the youngest Sound Tiger ever to score a goal so that's pretty neat for him.

I think I read on here that Holmstrom was likely ticketed for the Junior team in Sweden because he was essentially blocked from making the Men's squad. The Isles probably weren't keen on him playing against boys all year when he already has pro size and mobility. The jump for an 18 year old to the AHL is a big one, but he looks like he belongs. Trotz and the Isles clearly favor developing their prized kids themselves at the pro level. Dobson is being slow played at the NHL level as a 19-year old. They even kept 19 year old Skarek in the AHL this year, that's 5 teenagers total.

Is there a spot for Holmstrom on this team?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Out of curiosity, why is Axel Andersson seemingly not in consideration after making the team last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad