WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I want William Wallinder & Helge Grans on defense next year, both should be high picks this summer.

This guy looks interesting also: Eric Hjorth at eliteprospects.com
Grans should be as much of a given as Söderström was this year... But we have Montén. :laugh:

If Söderström doesn't make the NHL until after WJCs next year(well, this year kinda) the d-core could be pure filth now, especially now that Ginning will be too old and can't go.

Söderström, Broberg, Björnfot, A.Johansson, Grans, Wallinder, & Andrae would be one hell of a lineup.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Raymond and holtz will be 1 year older next year and provide what hoglander and fagemo is doing now.

I doubt raymond and holtz play in NHL next season. Neither of them will be ready.

Hopefully they stay in SHL and not grinding away in some AHL team

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
We are in no way, shape, or form due for a WJC playoff loss. Group stage loss we are, but playoffs? If anything we're due for wins.
I am just looking at past history. Everything has gone well so far, and usually every team has a stinker of a game.

2012 team is the exception, but rönnberg is a better coach than monten.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
I am just looking at past history. Everything has gone well so far, and usually every team has a stinker of a game.

2012 team is the exception, but rönnberg is a better coach than monten.

I hope I'm not jinxing when I'm saying this. But, when it comes to the players, especially the key players, this year, they are used to deliver when it's needed the most.

If we consider the entire 3rd line (of Henriksson, Raymond and Holtz) They won U18 gold. And all 3 of them produced when the stakes was highest. Alnefelt grows the more important the game and he also was an important part of the U18 gold. Fagemo was an important part of Frölunda when they won gold. etc.

I don't think we will see the typical Swedish "important game choke". Now Russia might beat us anyway, but I don't think it will be because the team doesn't show up.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
And no decent centers next year?
Define decent. We have Henriksson from this team atleast. But yeah not looking very strong right now

Also William Eklund is making his SHL debut in 5 minutes. I know he's been playing wing likely and probably wont centering in the SHL, but hopefully he'll be back to center in J20 and can take another step.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Define decent. We have Henriksson from this team atleast. But yeah not looking very strong right now

Also William Eklund is making his SHL debut in 5 minutes. I know he's been playing wing likely and probably wont centering in the SHL, but hopefully he'll be back to center in J20 and can take another step.
Right now Henriksson has one point in 15 games in Hockeyallsvenskan and has mostly been stuck in the j20 in his draft +1. That isn't promising at all.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Right now Henriksson has one point in 15 games in Hockeyallsvenskan and has mostly been stuck in the j20 in his draft +1. That isn't promising at all.

He looked better than expected imo considering his regular season. But yeah as of right now I would've prefered to have someone else as our #1

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He looked better than expected imo considering his regular season. But yeah as of right now I would've prefered to have someone else as our #1
Yeah, we'll see hopefully someone that looks kinda promising right now takes great strides.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Montén: Let's use Bäck WITH H. Gustafsson as our 2nd forward pair in OT.....
Montén with that Grönborg coaching.

3v3 OT, who do we play? Bäck, Hugo, Eriksson, Öberg, & Nässén obviously. Oh, and David, & Fagemo. Aaand 11 seconds of Raymond.

And that's even after Bäck botched that pass from Holtz. Jesus christ.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
And no decent centers next year?

As mentioned before, the best CE on the current team isn't playing CE........same goes for the 2nd best.

Looks better in 02 and 03, for sure. However that does not necessarily mean it looks great.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Björnfot sure was bad in this tournament. Didn't see anything in his game that would suggest that he should be in the NHL. Swedens on paper very good defence didn't live up to it's reputation at all. Looked extremely shaky today. Over the course of the tournament, Lundkvist and Broberg have also not been close to living up to the hype. Lundkvists constant low percentage passes in every single situation drove me insane.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Björnfot sure was bad in this tournament. Didn't see anything in his game that would suggest that he should be in the NHL. Swedens on paper very good defence didn't live up to it's reputation at all. Looked extremely shaky today. Over the course of the tournament, Lundkvist and Broberg have also not been close to living up to the hype. Lundkvists constant low percentage passes in every single situation drove me insane.
Agreed, the one constant has been Sandin and Söderström. Really it's been the same way with the "real" mens team. Look at the way they leaked goals this past May in the WHC.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Agree. Söderström who's played 5 good games was brutal today. Sandin was very up and down.

We were better than the Russians at 5-on-5 though, according to Montén

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It is not about the roster guys, that is obvious. Roster is one if the best almost every year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->