WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Gunler does not play the same position.
No, but if David Gustafsson comes, which it looks like he actually might, then maybe you opt for skill instead of position.

But seriously though, I wonder what is up with the whole Gunler situation. I mean he wasn't even on the u-18 worlds this spring either. He must really be hard to handle or something.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
No, but if David Gustafsson comes, which it looks like he actually might, then maybe you opt for skill instead of position.

But seriously though, I wonder what is up with the whole Gunler situation. I mean he wasn't even on the u-18 worlds this spring either. He must really be hard to handle or something.
Gunler is a regular in SHL. If he was hard to handle, he wouldnt play SHL games. It's all overblown imo.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Which in that case would be Simon Holmström.
Oh, right I completely forgot they left him off. that's also... bad. I'm pretty sure they're gonna pick a grinder fourth line center to play in a very uncomfortable position though.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Oh, right I completely forgot they left him off. that's also... bad. I'm pretty sure they're gonna pick a grinder fourth line center to play in a very uncomfortable position though.
Montén, like grönborg loves to fill the roster with grinders instead of skill.

It works in group play, but not in playoffs when more is on the line.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
There are several centers that played for the U20 national team this autumn.
H. Gustafsson, Åman, Wernblom, Sundsvik. Quite unlikely that someone outside that group will be Olofssons replacement.
Not sure how to rank those four though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
H. Gustafsson, Åman, Wernblom, Sundsvik. Quite unlikely that someone outside that group will be Olofssons replacement.
Wernblom hasn't played center in a while, so I doubt he's in consideration. Åman is my guess to replace him.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I would pick Hugo Gustafsson for sure. He is the best out of those four. Everytime my team plays against Södertälje im impressed by how good he plays.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
If not Gunler it should definitely be Jakobsson. Only Fagemo and Höglander has scored more goals than him in the SHL this season. He can play gritty too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He must really be hard to handle or something.

he is not. luleås coach bulan berglund is famous for having hard demands on players, you dont take a regular spot in luleå if you have bad attitude/work rate. so it cant be that reason. monten just have this weird thoughts that he needs 2 checking lines and therefore there is no room for gunler.

Reactions: EK47

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now:

Sandin - Ginning
Björnfot - Lundkvist
Norlinder - Broberg

Fagemo - Gustafsson - Berggren
Holtz - Henrikson - Raymond
Höglander - Pasic - Eriksson
Nässen - Bäck - Öberg

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Right now:

Sandin - Ginning
Björnfot - Lundkvist
Norlinder - Broberg

Fagemo - Gustafsson - Berggren
Holtz - Henrikson - Raymond
Höglander - Pasic - Eriksson
Nässen - Bäck - Öberg
Pasic will most likely play W, I doubt Montén is stupid enough to put Ginning over Lundkvist, & Broberg will I'd believe play over Björnfot.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pasic will most likely play W, I doubt Montén is stupid enough to put Ginning over Lundkvist, & Broberg will I'd believe play over Björnfot.
Sadly I think he is, Ginning must've given him a love potion or something because whenever Sweden is in dire straits he seems to be on the ice. I really doubt this tournament will be different.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Does it seem like Broberg will get top 4 ice time or will he be relegated to 3rd pairing like in SHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad