WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I mean, he's only the Hawks' coach, he isn't the one making those decisions. If Keith comes back before the WJCs start(aka. Boqvist goes down to the farm again) then I think there's a good chance Boqvist goes.

Maatta is out as well, but expected back soon since it’s only flu like symptoms.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Sandin posted a picture of himself in a Tre Kronor jersey on his IG story, so he's definitely coming.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Here are some current stats for the players in Allsvenskan who are on the preliminary roster;

PlayerTeamGPGAPts
Nikola PasicBIK Karlskoga2671623
Mattias Norlinder (D)Modo Hockey266713
Linus NässénTimrå IK7235
Adam Ginning (D)Vita Hästen16044
Karl HenrikssonSödertälje SK14011
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PlayerTeamGPRecordGAGAASV%
Jesper EliassonAlmtuna IS123W, 9L322.66.898
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Henriksson has been pretty badly outscored by Hugo Gustafsson, playing for the same team. I think that's the center they will bring in if the other Gustafsson isn't released.

Last edited:

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
If Henriksson makes the final roster, I think chemistry/familiarity (since he has also spent time with Frölunda's junior team) will be an important factor. I'm assuming Raymond will return to health in time for the tournament.

I can definitely see Filip Johansson and Hugo Gustafsson being late additions to the team, especially Johansson seems like someone Montén would like to have on the team.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Here are some current stats for the players in Allsvenskan who are on the preliminary roster;

PlayerTeamGPGAPts
Nikola PasicBIK Karlskoga2671623
Mattias Norlinder (D)Modo Hockey266713
Linus NässénTimrå IK7235
Adam Ginning (D)Vita Hästen16044
Karl HenrikssonSödertälje SK14011
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerTeamGPRecordGAGAASV%
Jesper EliassonAlmtuna IS123W, 9L322.66.898
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Outside WJC squad:
Adam Wilsby (D), Södertälje, 17GP, 2G, 18A, 20Pts

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If Henriksson makes the final roster, I think chemistry/familiarity (since he has also spent time with Frölunda's junior team) will be an important factor. I'm assuming Raymond will return to health in time for the tournament.

I can definitely see Filip Johansson and Hugo Gustafsson being late additions to the team, especially Johansson seems like someone Montén would like to have on the team.
He has made the roster. Everybody on the current roster has.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I'm so used to 2-3 players being cut from the preliminary roster before the tournament starts, that I just assumed it was the same procedure this year. My mistake.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Yes, Henriksson deserves his spot. He might be able to bring some offense to the table unlike the rest of our centers. Wouldn't be my choice but I think the very role oriented Montén would take Johansson for the last D spot. He's been a good soldier for this age group and can kill penalties. Söderström not hearing anything from Montén could mean he's not even on the reserve list.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What's the projected roster?
The ones that have made it:

Fagemo - Olofsson - Berggren
Pasic - Bäck - Höglander
Holtz - Henriksson - Raymond
Nässén - Öberg - Eriksson

Ginning - Lundkvist (you betcha Montén will play Ginning over Broberg, & Björnfot)
Broberg - Norlinder
Björnfot

Alnefelt
Portillo
Eliasson

Still waiting for David Gustafsson, Sandin, & Boqvist.

Reactions: Wings4Life

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
The ones that have made it:

Fagemo - Olofsson - Berggren
Pasic - Bäck - Höglander
Holtz - Henriksson - Raymond
Nässén - Öberg - Eriksson

Ginning - Lundkvist (you betcha Montén will play Ginning over Broberg, & Björnfot)
Broberg - Norlinder
Björnfot

Alnefelt
Portillo
Eliasson

Still waiting for David Gustafsson, Sandin, & Boqvist.
That fw-line is weak.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That fw-line is weak.

As previously said, our centers are awfully weak and won't contribute much offensively but the rest is fine. We have the pieces needed for a great PP & PK. Goaltending and defense looks solid as well. I think 5 on 5 scoring will be an issue, against the stronger teams at least. Montén won't outcoach many teams either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad