WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I assume a canter will be added if Gustafsson is not released. But since Pasic, Öberg and Nässén can play C if we really need it, I guess Gunler could potentially be added?
With Jets claiming Shore and having him replace Gustafsson at 4C, it's looking very likely Gus will be available.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Montén is a bag of suck. I literally have no hope for this tournament. Hopefully someone finally sees him for what he is and he gets the boot. I swear its like the hockey federation is messing with their fans, he pisses of good players, he is a USELESS game coach, the player selections aren’t even up to Mårts’s sub-par standards.

I’ve seen some bad coaching for swedish national teams in the past but this takes the Pejorative Slurcake.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Montén is a bag of suck. I literally have no hope for this tournament. Hopefully someone finally sees him for what he is and he gets the boot. I swear its like the hockey federation is messing with their fans, he pisses of good players, he is a USELESS game coach, the player selections aren’t even up to Mårts’s sub-par standards.

I’ve seen some bad coaching for swedish national teams in the past but this takes the ******cake.

As an outside observer, this seems accurate. His teams (usually loaded rosters) fall apart more easily the deeper they go, and the player selections are highly questionable.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
As an outside observer, this seems accurate. His teams (usually loaded rosters) fall apart more easily the deeper they go, and the player selections are highly questionable.
Yep he chokes worse than Grönborg did with the juniors while selecting players that flat out should've never been close to the roster in the first place(like Mårts). All this while being a worse game coach than Grönborg (which really isn't Grönborgs forte). All round he is BY FAR the worst coach a swedish national hockey team at any level has ever had.

The only reason he's been around as long as he has is that he is a timid guy that seems to get along with media. I mean his incompetence seems to fly completely under their radar just because he doesn't turn into an aggresive monster after every loss. For someone who's ONLY merit as a coach before being hired by the swedish hockey federation was coaching a Timrå team to demotion in 2012-2013, it's truly unbelievable.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yep he chokes worse than Grönborg did with the juniors while selecting players that flat out should've never been close to the roster in the first place(like Mårts). All this while being a worse game coach than Grönborg (which really isn't Grönborgs forte). All round he is BY FAR the worst coach a swedish national hockey team at any level has ever had.

The only reason he's been around as long as he has is that he is a timid guy that seems to get along with media. I mean his incompetence seems to fly completely under their radar just because he doesn't turn into an aggresive monster after every loss. For someone who's ONLY merit as a coach before being hired by the swedish hockey federation was coaching a Timrå team to demotion in 2012-2013, it's truly unbelievable.
He got negative press when he said we weren't favorites vs. the Swiss, and recently Expressen said it'd be "tjänstefel"(act of wrong-doing) to not select Gunler, but that's sadly about it.

We need more of that stuff we got from Pär-Mårts' last WC tournament where the TV studio really questioned his decisions.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018

Monten has wasted several good junior groups. He should be held accountable, but instead he got extended! Unbelivable, he is the worst coach Sweden ever had on any level.

He has pissed off Soderstrom so much that he maybe wont accept a spot later on.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He got negative press when he said we weren't favorites vs. the Swiss, and recently Expressen said it'd be "tjänstefel"(act of wrong-doing) to not select Gunler, but that's sadly about it.

We need more of that stuff we got from Pär-Mårts' last WC tournament where the TV studio really questioned his decisions.
If we're being completely honest, the real misconduct is on the federation for allowing this guy to coach a national team at all.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Same old exaggerated bashing of the WJC coach as every year. Swedes excel at this.
when you win 40 straight groupplay matches but only has 1 gold to show for it; criticism is deserved.

Also leaving out the most talented players is a trend.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Same old exaggerated bashing of the WJC coach as every year. Swedes excel at this.
All other coaches Sweden has had at the junior level has had some form of success coaching before. Montén hasn't because he sucks.

I don't really agree though. Rönnberg was very popular amongst swedish fans, and still is. I wonder why he didn't get the senior team appointment that usually goes along with being the u-20 coach for a number of years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad