WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
“Victor Söderström was not on the initial roster for Sweden. He is still a possibility. Chayka said he suffered a minor injury recently and it was the Coyotes who pushed to hold him out extra time to make sure he was healthy.”

Neutral Zone: Examining the Coyotes’ place in the Taylor... Neutral Zone: Examining the Coyotes’ place in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes, Kessel’s return and more

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Söderström, probably the best Swedish U20 d-man not in the NHL not making the team is a joke. Him, Boqvist and Sandin should be the first names on the coach’s mind.
I shouldn’t be surprised I guess. It’s the same thing every year
You spelled Nils Lundkvist wrong and he made the team.

Places good defense in the SHL, leads his team is points, and is on pace to break the record for points per game by a u20 dman.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
I was argueing Adam Wilsby should have a decent shot at making the WJC, given his 1PPG in SHL2. Pretty awesome for a junior d-man among men. Probably, his explosive production came too late.
But Wilsby's way of dealing with Monten leaving him outside of the squad is impressive: He's been logging 2 points per game, at average, for the last three games, after Montens squad announcement.
Now, THAT, is how you should respond. ¨
Despite being outside of WJC, Wilsby has got be the hottest overage candidate from Sweden, for the draft 2020.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Isn't Sandin expected to be the #1 D for this team? Just under a point a game in the AHL right now. Pretty great group of defensemen regardless.

Boqvist was ahead of Sandin in the powerplay pecking order last year. Boqvist played PP1 while Sandin was on PP2. But Sandin is having a good start to the year.

It might just depend on who joins the team first, which meets in Sweden on Dec. 15th. Boqvist has a game on Dec 13th and then will fly over, Sandin has a match on the 14th, but if he plays that one I don't see him making it for Dec. 15th.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad