WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Names are clickable and linked to their eliteprospects page.
I'd be alright with those lines, especially the top lines. However I'm sure that Montén will play Höglander on the first line with Fagemo, becuase Montén has no sence on how to balance a team.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
How big of a role is Berggren expected to play? I see hes being pencilled in on the top line right now. Will he be playing first PP and things like that?

Seems like hes heating up at the right time for Sweden and his stats are looking pretty good in the SHL right now. I havent got to watch him this year so I figured some people in here will have more insight

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
How big of a role is Berggren expected to play? I see hes being pencilled in on the top line right now. Will he be playing first PP and things like that?

Seems like hes heating up at the right time for Sweden and his stats are looking pretty good in the SHL right now. I havent got to watch him this year so I figured some people in here will have more insight

I fully expect him to be our best forward 5 on 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: newfy

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
On the other hand Holtz isn’t a major blow this year if he misses. Sad of course, but not the difference between gold or not. It would be a lot worse if he’s out next year or the year after when he’s expected to dominate. I don’t expect that from him this year.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Im curious wheter Linus Öberg will get in. He has looked quite solid this year in Örebro, but as he hasnt been mentioned to much earlier and this is his last chance I guess Montén might have other options.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Im curious wheter Linus Öberg will get in. He has looked quite solid this year in Örebro, but as he hasnt been mentioned to much earlier and this is his last chance I guess Montén might have other options.
Have a hard time seeing him make it. He's a winger, never played on an international team before, and his SHL play isn't exactly screaming "pick me".

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Team:

https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...d-junior-championship/roster_swe_wjc_2020.pdf

Jonatan Berggren
Oskar Bäck
Albin Eriksson
Samuel Fagemo
Karl Henriksson
Alexander Holtz
Nils Höglander
Linus Nässén(lol, Montén with the "he's a +8! That statistic says a lot!"... Also isn't he out with a concussion?)
Jacob Olofsson
Nikola Pasic
Lucas Raymond(plus points for Montén calling Raymond a "center but on the wing")
Linus Öberg
---
Philip Broberg
Tobias Björnfot
Adam Ginning
Nils Lundkvist
Mattias Norlinder
---
Hugo Alnefelt
Jesper Eliasson
Erik Portillo

They're waiting to add the last forward, and last dmen.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
That leaves two open spots at D and one open spot at forward.

One of Soderstrom, Sandin or Boqvist isn't coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad