Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The only people that “scape goat” him is the media.
Exactly. The media has been on his case and it is clearly part of the reason why Raiola/Pogba will want reassurance over his future with United offering him a long term contract.

I don't think Pogba will want to relieve the same ridiculous treatment for another year and maybe two (if United pick up his extra year option)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Exactly. The media has been on his case and it is clearly part of the reason why Raiola/Pogba will want reassurance over his future with United offering him a long term contract.

I don't think Pogba will want to relieve the same ridiculous treatment for another year and maybe two (if United pick up his extra year option)
I don’t think he cares what some guy behind a desk that has absolutely no say or power over him and whose opinion means nothing.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t think he cares what some guy behind a desk that has absolutely no say or power over him and whose opinion means nothing.
We are on a soccer board and I am just voicing my opinion. Of course he does not care about my opinion. I just give my observation/opinion.

The reality:
- Pogba have immense weekly pressure at United from the media and portion of the fan
- Pogba has 2 years remaining on his contract
- Pogba needs to play otherwise, he is throwing away his prime years down the drain
- If Pogba is receiving the Alexis treatment he will have a hard time getting want he wants/deserves once his contract is over.

If Pogba stay at United which seem very likely there is no doubt he would want reassurance that they will want to commit with him longterm and not keep him in limbo.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We are on a soccer board and I am just voicing my opinion. Of course he does not care about my opinion. I just give my observation/opinion.

The reality:
- Pogba have immense weekly pressure at United from the media and portion of the fan
- Pogba has 2 years remaining on his contract
- Pogba needs to play otherwise, he is throwing away his prime years down the drain
- If Pogba is receiving the Alexis treatment he will have a hard time getting want he wants/deserves once his contract is over.

If Pogba stay at United which seem very likely there is no doubt he would want reassurance that they will want to commit with him longterm and not keep him in limbo.
I’m not talking about your opinion. I’m talking about the media’s.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don’t think he’s leaving and United will have a formidable midfield with him and Bruno regardless of the 3rd.

Reactions: Gecklund

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
And why is that? Does anyone really think anything would be different?

1. Raiola
2. Madrid has a better team than United -> Better chances to win titles
3. Zidane

Not saying it's going to happen. Madrid have Valverde and Odegaard will be back with them next year so probably they don't have that much of a need

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The problem with Pogba to Madrid though is money. Madrid don't have a money tree either and there are better players for them to target like Mbappe' or Haaland. That said I would love it if they threw money at Pogba.

@Vasilevskiy I just read the other day that Odegaard might spend another year with La Real.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
With regards to Barça, I'm hoping the club is conservative with their money unless of course they can make something from Coutinho or potentially Griezmann. Of course with the chaotic board situation I could see Bartomeu printing money to make a big signing.

I'd be very open to a swap deal too, but most certainly not Semedo for Cancelo. Swapping Rakitic would be nice, but I think he only wants to go to Sevilla to be closer to his wife's family.

The good news is that we plenty of players the club could use to bolster the first team without spending much if any money. Puig could be promoted. I'd even consider Monchu and both Araujo and Collado have been considered. Trincao is on his way. Todibo back from loan would be fantastic. Emerson could be bought for cheap. Alena and Busquets could come back from loan. Even Coutinho, who is surely out the door at this exact time, is someone who could be brought back.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The problem with Pogba to Madrid though is money. Madrid don't have a money tree either and there are better players for them to target like Mbappe' or Haaland. That said I would love it if they threw money at Pogba.

@Vasilevskiy I just read the other day that Odegaard might spend another year with La Real.
I still say he won't make it at Madrid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pogba or Odegaard? I think both could, depending on your definition of "making it". Like I said, let them spend. Throw that laughably money at Mane too.
Pogba is overrated he won't live up to the hype so I would agree. However, I was referring to Odegaard. Smells like a talent that will waste away at madrid. Ceballos, Vallejo, Canales, Asensio... Maybe Militao too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pogba is overrated he won't live up to the hype so I would agree. However, I was referring to Odegaard. Smells like a talent that will waste away at madrid. Ceballos, Vallejo, Canales, Asensio... Maybe Militao too.

I think Odegaard is more talented than Ceballos, Vallejo and Canales though. I could see him making it at Madrid, but his talent could go to waste as well. Perhaps that's why he might stay at La Real another season. Asensio I think will be good for Madrid so long as he doesn't have an injury issues. And I think all Militao needs is consistent playing time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Odegaard is more talented than Ceballos, Vallejo and Canales though. I could see him making it at Madrid, but his talent could go to waste as well. Perhaps that's why he might stay at La Real another season. Asensio I think will be good for Madrid so long as he doesn't have an injury issues. And I think all Militao needs is consistent playing time.
Vallejo captained Getafe I think it was at 18 years old. He was the next big thing on defence so, maybe equally talented. Asensio will be a serviceable player but considering the hype so, far they should be let down.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Vallejo captained Getafe I think it was at 18 years old. He was the next big thing on defence so, maybe equally talented. Asensio will be a serviceable player but considering the hype so, far they should be let down.

I never really thought Vallejo was that highly rated. As for Asensio, same thing to a degree. He's rated well, and to be fair there was some hype, but I think he'll live up to what I expected him to be if he's healthy. A player like him could be very important in the future. I think the best way to look at a player and try and get an accurate take is how does he compare within his age group.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Terrific news. I can't wait until he's gone.

I think he'll end up being Haaland's replacement at Dortmund in a year and a half. He'll get a chance under a new manager.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I never really thought Vallejo was that highly rated. As for Asensio, same thing to a degree. He's rated well, and to be fair there was some hype, but I think he'll live up to what I expected him to be if he's healthy. A player like him could be very important in the future. I think the best way to look at a player and try and get an accurate take is how does he compare within his age group.

I heard a lot of chatter about Asensio's B'dor ability. Vallejo too was highly rated. Like I said i don't think Asensio is a bad player I drafted him lol I just think he would've been better elsewhere and I don't think he will live up to the hype.

90 + loans of Griezmann + Vidal is highway robbery for Martinez. I'm not buying any of the rumors however because Lautaro has still said he wants to stay at Inter.

He's gone just a matter of when.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I heard a lot of chatter about Asensio's B'dor ability. Vallejo too was highly rated. Like I said i don't think Asensio is a bad player I drafted him lol I just think he would've been better elsewhere and I don't think he will live up to the hype.

He's gone just a matter of when.

First team to pay the 111 M release fee can have him, and I don't think it's Barca.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, well that is too much hype. I just wasn't reading that and usually tune it out if it's something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad