Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tbf Adama Traore is a beast. Can see him going to a big team and doing well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Totally agree, but that doesn't mean Wolves shouldn't be asking for that much.

The ask is still pretty crazy, especially in the current market where all transfers might be deflated a lot.

In the normal market a month ago, I think 70M ask wouldn't have been crazy, and they'd more than likely get something in the 50's-low 60's for him. Starting at 100 is way too high.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The ask is still pretty crazy, especially in the current market where all transfers might be deflated a lot.

In the normal market a month ago, I think 70M ask wouldn't have been crazy, and they'd more than likely get something in the 50's-low 60's for him. Starting at 100 is way too high.
Pretty typical business move though tbf. Start high and hope for the best while having a more reasonable expectation. I'm sure they're gonna get 60-70 but hope they can dupe someone into more.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Well even before the inflated market the crazy president of Napoli was asking for something like 180 million for Fabian Ruiz. Nothing wrong with asking that much and everybody knows they'll settle for less.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd rather keep Sancho, but if he goes this summer (not a certainty), Torres isn't a bad option to buy. He has high potential and wouldn't be needed to be an immediate replacement.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I doubt we see any high profile transfers this summer...only deals I see are for teams needing to survive. To much financial uncertainty to be making major cash outlays.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I also agree many teams even the richest will have to balance their books. Maybe a couple urgency transfer and some desperate transfer (for selling team) but I would be highly surprise to see a Pogba or a Neymar transfer this summer.

It could actually be a transfer window for bargain deals from bubble teams that don't have much money.

I think thats why LFC cooled down on Sancho and even Werner. Even his no brainer release clause of €60M has become rich because of the crisis.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez to barca has so much smoke hes practically on fire.

the brothers agent claimed hes a step away from being a barca player. It was quickly shot down by the agent. Lautaro has also rejected an extension recently. When is this covid over so i can get his barca kit. :(

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Martinez has terrific talent, but I don't think he's the player Barca should be going after. His stats have taken a huge nosedive since December (I think post-injury) and I think 100m+ will be too much for him at the moment.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinez has terrific talent, but I don't think he's the player Barca should be going after. His stats have taken a huge nosedive since December (I think post-injury) and I think 100m+ will be too much for him at the moment.
What injury? He hasn't been injured this year IIRC. He's scored 5 goals in 9 games. Which was his average throughout the year. So, none of this is true.

As for the price I think everyone is insanely over paid. Except for Messi no one should come close to 100 million. But this is the market at the moment and there are few 9's his age that have a better ceiling. Plus he's shown a good partnership with Messi. No barca fan should have qualms over the signing. Especially when you consider the likes of Couts/Dembele's disaster signings.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What injury? He hasn't been injured this year IIRC. He's scored 5 goals in 9 games. Which was his average throughout the year. So, none of this is true.

As for the price I think everyone is insanely over paid. Except for Messi no one should come close to 100 million. But this is the market at the moment and there are few 9's his age that have a better ceiling. Plus he's shown a good partnership with Messi. No barca fan should have qualms over the signing. Especially when you consider the likes of Couts/Dembele's disaster signings.
Idk he hasn't scored in a month

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some rumours...

- Spurs want Coutinho.

- Pogba leaving United to either Madrid or back to Juve.

- Kante wouldn't mind moving from Chelsea, only if it is to either PSG or Madrid.

- Arsenal will do all they can to get Tolisso if he's upset at the fact that he's lost playing time at Bayern.

- One I do not believe at all is Inter triggering the release clause for Partey.

- A very interesting one is that Inter will sign Aguero, which opens up Martinez moving to Barca.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some rumours...

- Spurs want Coutinho.

- Pogba leaving United to either Madrid or back to Juve.

- Kante wouldn't mind moving from Chelsea, only if it is to either PSG or Madrid.

- Arsenal will do all they can to get Tolisso if he's upset at the fact that he's lost playing time at Bayern.

- One I do not believe at all is Inter triggering the release clause for Partey.

- A very interesting one is that Inter will sign Aguero, which opens up Martinez moving to Barca.
It’s fun to use sources. Every reliable source I’ve seen says Pogba wants to say.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s fun to use sources. Every reliable source I’ve seen says Pogba wants to say.
Pogba wants to feel valuable again.

I do believe he would like to commit to Manchester United if they offer him another contract. I highly doubt Pogba would like to be considered the scape goat again if they don't sell or commit with a new contract to him.

He saw his friend Lukaku thrive and have fun again by moving away from Manchester United. I do think Pogba know that he needs to play and not be criticized/scrutinized everytime he touches a ball.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pogba wants to feel valuable again.

I do believe he would like to commit to Manchester United if they offer him another contract. I highly doubt Pogba would like to be considered the scape goat again if they don't sell or commit with a new contract to him.
From everything I’ve seen, Pogba wants to play with this team. He wants to play with Bruno. This is coming from the team themselves so if you have something better great. Otherwise it’s false.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
From everything I’ve seen, Pogba wants to play with this team. He wants to play with Bruno. This is coming from the team themselves so if you have something better great. Otherwise it’s false.

I don't have something better. I just point out my opinion.

Pogba wants to play. That's all. He also need to commit himself for the better of his career either at United or elsewhere.

I don't think he wants to remain the scapegoat again next year either way (re-sign him or sell him)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't have something better. I just point out my opinion.

Pogba wants to play. That's all. He also need to commit himself for the better of his career either at United or elsewhere.

I don't think he wants to remain the scapegoat again next year either way (re-sign him or sell him)
The only people that “scape goat” him is the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad