GDT: 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( General talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What if this game goes 4 or 5 OTs?

Boston-Carolina getting the late start :laugh:
Already 2AM here, Chris Johnston from Sportsnet says it takes about 90 minutes betweeen the cames according to the league protocols...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This Columbus - Tampa game has had the feel of a 5-OT game since the middle of the 3rd.

Tampa had a dominant period in the last 10 minutes of the 1st-OT when it looked like Columbus were gassed, but other than that it hasn't been pretty and Columbus have looked pretty comfortable.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
We want Dallas to win this right? Means we wouldn't have to face St. Louis in the second round no matter what.

I guess we'll know more once these series progress. I think if Chicago gets a lead on Vegas (or Vancouver a lead on STL), we may want Calgary to win...

Reactions: shadow1

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Might already teach the league needs to start earlier with these games.
This 3-OT (and counting) game is a timely reminder of what a dumb idea it is to have back-to-back games in the playoffs. There's absolutely no need for it when you can simply have two series in each bubble playing on any given day and the other two series playing on alternate days.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We want Dallas to win this right? Means we wouldn't have to face St. Louis in the second round no matter what.

I guess we'll know more once these series progress. I think if Chicago gets a lead on Vegas, we may want Calgary to win...

I just want these two teams to grind themselves to a pulp.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Took the dog out for a walk, made dinner and the Lightning/Jackets game is till going on.

upload_2020-8-11_17-18-26.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know everybody loves long OT games but I find they generally suck after the first OT. Teams are gassed and start playing safe. There’s never any chances. Just slow, boring, low event hockey.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

I guess we'll know more once these series progress. I think if Chicago gets a lead on Vegas, we may want Calgary to win...
I find myself conflicted watching the Calgary-Dallas series.

On the one hand Dallas winning guarantees that we don't play St. Louis in the 2nd round.

But on the other hand, if Vancouver or Chicago win then it would actually be a good thing if Dallas lost.

As a result of those scenarios I seem to have naturally adopted an "I don't care" attitude about the Dallas-Calgary series, at least for now.

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I know everybody loves long OT games but I find they generally suck after the first OT. Teams are gassed and start playing safe. There’s never any chances. Just slow, boring, low event hockey.
I've found the Columbus/Tampa game to be pretty entertaining so far, even in the OT periods. Obviously there's not going to be a tonne of slick offensive plays, but there's something endearing about watching an underdog like Columbus dog it out against a vastly more individually talented team like Tampa.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Hey Milbury, we all know you just don't want to work any longer than you already have to.

It's a joke that this guy gets paid to analyze hockey.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I find myself conflicted watching the Calgary-Dallas series.

On the one hand Dallas winning guarantees that we don't play St. Louis in the 2nd round.

But on the other hand, if Vancouver or Chicago win then it would actually be a good thing if Dallas lost.

As a result of those scenarios I seem to have naturally adopted an "I don't care" attitude about the Dallas-Calgary series, at least for now.

I want Dallas to win but I picked Calgary in my bracket... win win.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Over 100 minutes gone. Jones has played for almost 47 of them.

The guy is in phenomenal shape.

Torts is the same coach he was in Tampa. He believes in playing his top players a ton.

Side note: This is actually more enjoyable to watch as a neutral fan. Not sure my heart would be able to take it, if the Avs were midway through triple OT lol

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

I guess we'll know more once these series progress. I think if Chicago gets a lead on Vegas (or Vancouver a lead on STL), we may want Calgary to win...
I don't want to have to face the Calgary goon squad, especially since they're going to be pissed after last year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't want to have to face the Calgary goon squad, especially since they're going to be pissed after last year.

I was thinking this, but the hate should be gone by the time we would face them in the WCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad