Red Sox/MLB 2020 Spring Training IX - Red Sox say Chris Sale has a flexor strain, will be reassessed in a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What is going on with the Yankees

curious to see if they are still cheating the way Girard described and if not how it effects many of their stiffs turned stars

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think they’re gonna use every excuse in the book not to pitch Sale at the beginning of the year because it really does seem like he tires out Towards the end Of the season when healthy

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think they’re gonna use every excuse in the book not to pitch Sale at the beginning of the year because it really does seem like he tires out Towards the end Of the season when healthy
I take it you've been real lucky to have stayed healthy so far this winter?

He's recovering from the flu and pneumonia. Full recovery from the flu takes weeks and add in pneumonia, it is 100% possible for someone to not be ready for opening day which isn't that far off.

If Sale had his way, he'd be out there no doubt about it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He's recovering from the flu and pneumonia. Full recovery from the flu takes weeks and add in pneumonia, it is 100% possible for someone to not be ready for opening day which isn't that far off.

nah I had some sort of bug earlier this “winter”-but we’re still in February and he’s healthy now....I’m just saying they’re gonna use every opportunity they can to not rush him back. I’m sure he could actually pitch opening day and be ok if there was a need for him to do so. But they might as well have him build up his arm strength and come back full health in May. He would probably be better situated to last the entire season that way anyways

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
nah I had some sort of bug earlier this “winter”-but we’re still in February and he’s healthy now....I’m just saying they’re gonna use every opportunity they can to not rush him back. I’m sure he could actually pitch opening day and be ok if there was a need for him to do so. But they might as well have him build up his arm strength and come back full health in May. He would probably be better situated to last the entire season that way anyways

I'm just frustrated that people (not you after reading your reply) are railing on him for not being ready and treating this as some awful thing.

I think it's a good thing. No pressure and as you said, he can build arm speed back up which will help us when it matters.

I'd be more concerned if they rushed him back and it caused all hell to break loose down the stretch.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm just frustrated that people (not you after reading your reply) are railing on him for not being ready and treating this as some awful thing.

I think it's a good thing. No pressure and as you said, he can build arm speed back up which will help us when it matters.

I'd be more concerned if they rushed him back and it caused all hell to break loose down the stretch.

The pneumonia being the reason why he’s a little behind is for sure a good thing, I’d much rather it be that than anything with his elbow.

no need to rush him back. I don’t want him throwing in 50 degree rainy April games anyway. Build that arm up, come back throwing gas

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We have two days off in all of April and that includes a Seattle-Oakland road trip.

Honestly, unless we've found a diamond in the rough 4th starter, we're going to be f***ed out the gate without Sale. That rotation has no depth to begin with.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyway, if Sale can't go, who gets the opening day start? Evo or E-Rod?

I think I'd give it to E-Rod to give him recognition for his great year last year and the fact that he's a home grown guy.

Reactions: BMC and 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Very true.Cannot pitch if you cannot breathe right.A Report i saw today said his elbow.I have no way of knowing if true just read it earlier.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had pneumonia when I was a kid. Even though I was healthy & strong before I got it, it did take a lot of out of me and it was sometime before I regained my strength. It is very draining on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad