2020 Season Discussion Thread

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
In my league, we get to keep 1 player at a cost of 2 draft rounds, waiver pickups count as drafted in last round. I originally drafted Jefferson in the last round, and I have since picked up Robinson and Gaskin, Goedert was a 2nd to last round pick, so if Ertz goes, he'd be a quality keeper too. In a half-PPR, who would be the best to keep as of now, and even if it's Robinson/Gaskin, would it be better to package them for an upgrade to go for the title, and figure out my keeper position later, since Jefferson could be a quality one too?

QB: Allen
WR: DK, Diggs, Jefferson, Campbell (IR)
RB: Elliott, Carson, Robinson, Gaskin
TE: Kittle, Henry, Goedert (IR)
Jefferson is probably my favourite out of those tbh. Robinson and Gaskin are nice, but more based off usage than them being really good players. I could see them being replaced by next season even if they look solid right now, RB don't last long. I think Jefferson has a chance of being elite, he looks the part right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Jefferson is probably my favourite out of those tbh. Robinson and Gaskin are nice, but more based off usage than them being really good players. I could see them being replaced by next season even if they look solid right now, RB don't last long. I think Jefferson has a chance of being elite, he looks the part right now.
Thanks, I just wish that offense would pass more. Might look at teams just outside the playoffs that are thin at RB, Robinson/Gaskin in a 2 for 1 should bring back a good return.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Derrick Henry being classic Derrick Henry yesterday afternoon, 264 total yards and 2 TDs. What a great shootout of a game, Watson had some great plays but the better team came out on top. Pencil in Henry for one or two more of these this season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's your ROS outlook on Juju? He's getting nowhere near the target share that I thought he'd get. Buy-low candidate or is that just what he is right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If In Kittle I Trust had played every team in the league each week, they would be 60-6.

What are the odds that I'd be 4-2 based on the above. Most points for, 2nd most against, the joys of head-to-head.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
What are the odds that I'd be 4-2 based on the above. Most points for, 2nd most against, the joys of head-to-head.
I’m 3-3 with the most points scored and most against. And in all 3 losses I had the second or third most points scored in the week, losing to the first or second highest that week.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
What's your ROS outlook on Juju? He's getting nowhere near the target share that I thought he'd get. Buy-low candidate or is that just what he is right now.
I think he's a good stash, low-risk buy-low candidate that you probably won't have to give up a TON for if you're considering getting him. He'll be a great real life football player for the Steelers and will likely make a few important plays when needed, but I don't think he's a great fantasy option with the emergence of the next wave of PIT receivers.

As an aside, it's just insane how PIT scouts have locked in on WR talent over the last decade plus. Seems like they've consistently got talented WR groups.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think he's a good stash, low-risk buy-low candidate that you probably won't have to give up a TON for if you're considering getting him. He'll be a great real life football player for the Steelers and will likely make a few important plays when needed, but I don't think he's a great fantasy option with the emergence of the next wave of PIT receivers.

As an aside, it's just insane how PIT scouts have locked in on WR talent over the last decade plus. Seems like they've consistently got talented WR groups.
He was on waivers, I ended up passing, but would've gotten him if I put a claim in. Something there just feels off for some reason. He should get more targets since he's in the slot, but once Dionte gets healthy, he's going to get plenty of targets again and with Claypool breaking out, he's going to get some sort of share.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
He was on waivers, I ended up passing, but would've gotten him if I put a claim in. Something there just feels off for some reason. He should get more targets since he's in the slot, but once Dionte gets healthy, he's going to get plenty of targets again and with Claypool breaking out, he's going to get some sort of share.
Yeah, not a bad move passing on him. I don't think JuJu will really be a difference maker in fantasy this year unless at least two of Johnson/Claypool/Washington get injured.

I'm in a league of hardcore Yinzers (dumb Pittsburgh fans), so JuJu will be trotted out there every single game this season in my league lol.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, not a bad move passing on him. I don't think JuJu will really be a difference maker in fantasy this year unless at least two of Johnson/Claypool/Washington get injured.

I'm in a league of hardcore Yinzers (dumb Pittsburgh fans), so JuJu will be trotted out there every single game this season in my league lol.
I got a Chiefs league, so a guy plays Hardman every single week, and all the Chiefs get way over-drafted every year. All the ones worth having are gone by the middle 2nd, and then the ones like Watkins and Hardman go multiple rounds before they should.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I got offered OBJ, Hockenson and Aiyuk for Kittle? I feel like that's not great...

Steelers' fan opinion here- I agree with @Rodgerwilco. He'll have games like last week, he'll have games where he goes off, and he'll have games where he'll just be okay. It all makes for a risky, yet start-able fantasy asset in a 12 team league

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I got offered OBJ, Hockenson and Aiyuk for Kittle? I feel like that's not great...

Steelers' fan opinion here- I agree with @Rodgerwilco. He'll have games like last week, he'll have games where he goes off, and he'll have games where he'll just be okay. It all makes for a risky, yet start-able fantasy asset in a 12 team league
OBJ will have issues with volume, or should have issues with volume. Browns should be taking the ball out of Baker's hands and into their RB's hands if they want to win, and that's what they've been doing lately. Hockenson I like as a player, but he doesn't get the volume of targets he should. Aiyuk is similar, where I like him long-term more as Deebo 2.0, but they aren't throwing it enough to support Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk, and Aiyuk is likely the one losing out.

Basically, I think you can stream options that are comparable to Hockenson and Aiyuk, so it comes down to Kittle for OBJ, which is bad for you. Kittle is worth a WR1, give or take depending on the WR.

Even if you are desperate for depth, I don't like this. Are you considering moving Kittle for multiple players?

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
OBJ will have issues with volume, or should have issues with volume. Browns should be taking the ball out of Baker's hands and into their RB's hands if they want to win, and that's what they've been doing lately. Hockenson I like as a player, but he doesn't get the volume of targets he should. Aiyuk is similar, where I like him long-term more as Deebo 2.0, but they aren't throwing it enough to support Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk, and Aiyuk is likely the one losing out.

Basically, I think you can stream options that are comparable to Hockenson and Aiyuk, so it comes down to Kittle for OBJ, which is bad for you. Kittle is worth a WR1, give or take depending on the WR.

Even if you are desperate for depth, I don't like this. Are you considering moving Kittle for multiple players?
not really. Just a random offer that I got. I could use the depth but not at the expense of Kittle

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Yeah, no way you can make that trade. Unless you're getting an undisputed top 3 option at another position, moving Kittle just really isn't a reasonable option.

Reactions: Beauner

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Drop Patrick, Green, or Henry for Antonio Brown? Have Kittle and Goedert on IR at TE too.

Eh, a bottom-feeder grabbed him, oh well.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m going back and forth on a trade offer I got...I would give up Chris Carson for Stefon Diggs straight up. It’s a 10-team PPR with two RB, two WR and a Flex starter. I have sick RB depth while my 2-4 WR’s haven’t worked out as much as I’d hoped yet

Current RB - Zeke, Jacobs, Carson, Hunt, Gurley, J. Robinson, Mostert (Injured)

Current WR - Hopkins, Odell, Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel

Carson just got through his bye, Diggs still has his but that isn’t a concern since I’m 6-0, leaning toward doing it cause my 2WR is up in the air atm, but I don’t want to do a move for the sake of one either

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I’m going back and forth on a trade offer I got...I would give up Chris Carson for Stefon Diggs straight up. It’s a 10-team PPR with two RB, two WR and a Flex starter. I have sick RB depth while my 2-4 WR’s haven’t worked out as much as I’d hoped yet

Current RB - Zeke, Jacobs, Carson, Hunt, Gurley, J. Robinson, Mostert (Injured)

Current WR - Hopkins, Odell, Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel

Carson just got through his bye, Diggs still has his but that isn’t a concern since I’m 6-0, leaning toward doing it cause my 2WR is up in the air atm, but I don’t want to do a move for the sake of one either
Pretty fair deal, I might try to move Gurley/Hunt/Jacobs for someone instead but you should definitely be trading one of them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty fair deal, I might try to move Gurley/Hunt/Jacobs for someone instead but you should definitely be trading one of them.

Yeah I just went ahead and did the deal - figured the dude wanted Carson because he already drafted Russell Wilson and traded for Metcalf so guess he's in the market for Seahawks...

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
So what to make of Josh Jacobs given the new about the Raiders’ O-line? I have D Henderson in one league and A Gibson in another as next men up.

I am in the exact same boat.....except I have gaskin on bye, Sony and Ekeler on IR.....have to roll the dice as I dont have any players that I can drop for a 3rb stringer rb from the waiver wire. Fingers crossed they play a fast snap to pass game which includes Jacobs catching a bunch of short yardage balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Was just offered Conner and Deebo for my Davante Adams. I'm considering it because my RBs are hurting.

Current lineup:
RB: CEH, Sanders (injured), Kelley, Lindsay
WR: Adams, Cooper, ARob, Jefferson, Hollywood

Seems like a no brainer to me to take it, considering my needs. But I hate to give up Adams, and I don't think the owner would take a ARob for Conner one for one swap.

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad