2020 Season Discussion Thread

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So which week 1 booms are for real and who are you trying to sell high on?

I think Hines could be the pass-catching back this year like White and Cohen of some years when they were highly ranked. He was getting high-value touches before Mack went down, so he should still have a role, not just a game-script performance.

I also like Parris Campbell. I think that offense is going to pass a lot and with him in the slot, he should get plenty of targets.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I think Hines could be the pass-catching back this year like White and Cohen of some years when they were highly ranked. He was getting high-value touches before Mack went down, so he should still have a role, not just a game-script performance.

What a weird day, Rivers goes into check down mode and Hines surprisingly gets carries, red zone, and typical catches. Surprisingly they gave Taylor a lot of catches as well, but that might me more on Rivers. I think they eventually give Taylor full bore behind that offensive line. PPR... Allen Robinson and Tyler Lockett for Taylor. Crazy?

The situation in Philly scares me. I have Ertz, and I’m thinking of picking up Goedert and *gulp* playing them both (2 flex league).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What a weird day, Rivers goes into check down mode and Hines surprisingly gets carries, red zone, and typical catches. Surprisingly they gave Taylor a lot of catches as well, but that might me more on Rivers. I think they eventually give Taylor full bore behind that offensive line. PPR... Allen Robinson and Tyler Lockett for Taylor. Crazy?

The situation in Philly scares me. I have Ertz, and I’m thinking of picking up Goedert and *gulp* playing them both (2 flex league).
With Mack out all year, I think Taylor and Hines will both be viable. Taylor will be a solid RB2 with RB1 upside if he finds his stride. To me that backfield is a better version of Montgomery and Cohen. It's a better line, a better QB, and a QB that likes using his running backs. I don't see them going Chargers level good of Gordon/Ekeler, but it's clear Hines will more of an Ekeler type role that we thought, meaning legitimate carries. Taylor will get a nice role just by default and since Rivers loves passing to RBs, he'll get his fair share of targets too.

I'm not scared by it, I think Philly is in that bizarre situation where they could roster 2 TE1. It's the one TE handcuff that you would actually want to have. If Ertz gets hurt, Goedert immediately becomes one of the best TEs. They run a ton of 2 TE sets. He's one of the guys that I loved going into drafts as a 2nd TE, but never got just on how things went.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Should I still hold out for Leveon Bell?
Guy was ass in week 1 and got injured, hoping for a recovery?
I was never high on him, just because of the Jets, still like him as a player though. His only upside is getting absurd volume and getting a bunch of dump off targets. If you have him, I think you have to hold and bank on him getting healthy again. Maybe he's a decent buy low candidate, but just value him as someone getting near 3 yards a carry with limited TD potential, but plenty of passing game work and no threat of losing carries.

Depending on how you view him, he's either a low-end RB2 or a bye-week flex option.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Need Saquon to outscore AJ Brown by 10 PPR points to win my matchup. I don’t like my chances.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Would you guys drop Phillip Lindsay For Hines, Snell, or Malcom Brown?

Lindsay is the only person I’d be willing to drop, and even then I know he’s a good player. I have Conner, who got hurt for who knows how long, Henry, and Ronald Jones as my only RB. I also have the #2 waiver claim so I’d be guaranteed one of them. 1 PPR league

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would you guys drop Phillip Lindsay For Hines, Snell, or Malcom Brown?

Lindsay is the only person I’d be willing to drop, and even then I know he’s a good player. I have Conner, who got hurt for who knows how long, Henry, and Ronald Jones as my only RB. I also have the #2 waiver claim so I’d be guaranteed one of them. 1 PPR league
Full PPR?

I'd 100% go Hines. He had a significant role over Taylor before Mack went down, so he's always going to have that role, Taylor won't just become the every down back. Snell offers 0 pass-catching upside, but he's a good short-term pickup for standard and half. Malcom Brown just has the question of Cam Akers eventually getting a bigger role, and they both still work behind a bad line.

Part of me thinks, I'd put a waiver claim in for Hines, but not the others, and risk considering them if they make FA status. Joshua Kelly is another I'd possibly consider. You really just have to balance if he'll get more touches than Lindsay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would your prioritize Hines or Campbell in a half-PPR that starts 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 flex? I would drop Pollard. The only other factor is it's a 1 keeper league and this is my last year with Kittle, so Campbell offers upside in that aspect, since he'd cost me a 14th round pick. Moss and Dobbins would really have to boom based on where I drafted them to keep, Robinson is my other keeper option if he stays as an every down back.

WR: Moore, Metcalf, Marquise Brown
RB: Elliott, Carson, Dobbins, Moss, Robinson

My hang up is even though I think Hines should be a safe RB2, like White and Cohen in some years, I'm not sure it's necessary with Dobbins, Moss, and Robinson around.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Would your prioritize Hines or Campbell in a half-PPR that starts 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 flex? I would drop Pollard. The only other factor is it's a 1 keeper league and this is my last year with Kittle, so Campbell offers upside in that aspect, since he'd cost me a 14th round pick. Moss and Dobbins would really have to boom based on where I drafted them to keep, Robinson is my other keeper option if he stays as an every down back.

WR: Moore, Metcalf, Marquise Brown
RB: Elliott, Carson, Dobbins, Moss, Robinson

My hang up is even though I think Hines should be a safe RB2, like White and Cohen in some years, I'm not sure it's necessary with Dobbins, Moss, and Robinson around.
I’d probably lean Campbell on that one

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In my matchup this week, I have Allen, and my opponent has Stefon Diggs and John Brown. That'll work out nice since my 1 player more or less cancels out his 2 players.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

I also like Parris Campbell. I think that offense is going to pass a lot and with him in the slot, he should get plenty of targets.

I picked up Campbell today (dropped Chris Thompson). I don't know what to make of that offense with Rivers' age, but I'm very happy to bet on a second year slot WR getting consistent targets with that great o-line. If Rivers delivers his typical high-volume, mostly quality passing then Campbell could be a huge value for a week 1 FA pickup.

Should I still hold out for Leveon Bell?
Guy was ass in week 1 and got injured, hoping for a recovery?

Hold onto him imo. Put him in your IR spot if you have one, if not just keep him on your bench. The Jets o-line was terrible last year but they have, I think, 4 or 5 new starters there; it will take them time to gel, especially without a preseason. If you trade Bell, you're trading him at his lowest value. Gase is a weird coach and I'm not going to pretend I can read him, but I would hold onto Bell with the hopes he will get it going once he comes back behind an o-line playing much better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I have a team with Thomas and Godwin, Thomas could be out weeks and Godwin just entered concussion protocol. Fantastic.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Slayton
Anderson
Gage
GB receivers (prefer Lazard but meh)
Davis
Probably this, I might swap Gage and Anderson. I think there is a sizable gap between Slayton and the rest though. Gage is the safest bet of the bunch, he'll be Sanu IMO.

Long-term, give me the GB receiver if they are able to solidify a #2 role. After Slayton in this range of WR, I'd consider Watkins over most of these, he at least has potential to build off his great playoffs and be that consistent 3rd option.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Probably this, I might swap Gage and Anderson. I think there is a sizable gap between Slayton and the rest though. Gage is the safest bet of the bunch, he'll be Sanu IMO.

Long-term, give me the GB receiver if they are able to solidify a #2 role. After Slayton in this range of WR, I'd consider Watkins over most of these, he at least has potential to build off his great playoffs and be that consistent 3rd option.
I didn't draft Anderson anywhere, but I think he has some sneaky upside. Panthers are going to be losing a ton, that defense is awful. This will lead to them throwing a ton, Anderson is a good receiver IMO and has shown it in flashes before. He could be the next guy to break-out after getting away from Adam Gase. Unfortunately he is not available in any league I am in.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I didn't draft Anderson anywhere, but I think he has some sneaky upside. Panthers are going to be losing a ton, that defense is awful. This will lead to them throwing a ton, Anderson is a good receiver IMO and has shown it in flashes before. He could be the next guy to break-out after getting away from Adam Gase. Unfortunately he is not available in any league I am in.
True, I just don't like getting heavily invested in the boom/bust types. It still will only take 1 play for him to have a good fantasy day though.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah this is good conversation. Confirmed my thoughts on Slayton mostly, which is good. Also convinced me not to read too much into Davis, which I wanted to but knew it was a bad idea.
Yeah I hadn’t thought about Watkins. He’s a guy I’ve rostered with good result before, but I drafted Hardman and hope springs eternal.
Gage is the one that confounds me the most.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Figured a thread for all thoughts on trade offers that you are looking for a second opinion on.

I'll start:

OBJ+ Leonard Fournette
For
Mark Ingram + Anthony Miller

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah this is good conversation. Confirmed my thoughts on Slayton mostly, which is good. Also convinced me not to read too much into Davis, which I wanted to but knew it was a bad idea.
Yeah I hadn’t thought about Watkins. He’s a guy I’ve rostered with good result before, but I drafted Hardman and hope springs eternal.
Gage is the one that confounds me the most.
Gage is going to get that Sanu role. The thing to watch for him is if Hurst gets more targets as he develops chemistry or if Gurley starts getting absurd targets. If Hurst doesn't ever get to Hooper's target share, then Gage will be a guy to get as a safe floor, and higher ceiling than Sanu had. Gage had a few high target games before, so I don't think we should take it as an indication of an increased role, it was just the game script that they had. In fantasy we tend to over emphasize good or bad performances compared to other weeks, it's a trap to avoid.

Hardman is a popular homerun pick in late rounds, but his snap count just isn't high enough to play with any confidence. He is going to boom in some random weeks, but you'll never know when. Same with Robinson in that offense too. Both of them were under 50% snap share, with Hardman at 29%. I wouldn't even own him at this point unless you are in a league that counts return yards, but he's still more of a handcuff WR, which doesn't make sense to own IMO.

Davis is someone worth keeping an eye on because he does have talent, but I feel like we've seen this before from him and we his draft status makes us think it'll lead to a big breakout. That offense isn't going to support him and Brown as comfortable starters, and Jonnu is going to get plenty of targets too, so now it's 3 pass catchers with Humphries added in the slot with a decent share here and there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll start:

OBJ+ Leonard Fournette
For
Mark Ingram + Anthony Miller

I guess this depends on roster needs, but it has to be OBJ IMO. He'll still get plenty of targets. I don't trust either Fournette or Ingram enough to start with real confidence. Have no idea what Fournette's real role will be, so it's a pure lottery ticket, and Ingram will be TD dependent with possibility of losing more of his role to Dobbins. Miller has Trubisky and there should be plenty of other receivers that can help in bye weeks.

It's the OBJ side unless an owner is really high on this being Miller's breakout year or are desperate for a RB that has somewhat of a defined role, but I'd think there is something on the waiver wire that would help.

With how the Ravens coaches have said their backfield will change each week to keep teams guessing, it could be a backfield to completely avoid, even though it'll be productive. If we don't know who gets the touches on any given week, then I wouldn't touch any of them. Sucks for Ingram owners with where he was drafted. Not the end of the world for where Dobbins went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad