2020 Season Discussion Thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Packaged Zeke plus for D Henry smaller plus. I now have the same starting backs (Henry and Jacobs) in both leagues I play. I don’t think that’s ever happened in 20-plus years of doing this.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Packaged Zeke plus for D Henry smaller plus. I now have the same starting backs (Henry and Jacobs) in both leagues I play. I don’t think that’s ever happened in 20-plus years of doing this.

good for you for getting out of the dallas downward spiral. im sitting here hoping Ceedee has a good game this week so I can move him before week 9 for something decent.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
That's a great upward move. Henry gets stronger as the season goes on and the Cowboys are absolutely reeling.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
On the flip side, is Zeke a good “buy low” candidate? Only reason I ask is because I got a guy in my league hot after my Herbert, but the only good pieces he has is Zeke, Jacobs, CEH, and Waller, while I already have Conner, Henry, RoJo, and Kittle.

I do have Cam as a backup and Tannehill is still (somehow) sitting in FA. Is there any deal to be made with the names above or am I better off just staying put?

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
On the flip side, is Zeke a good “buy low” candidate? Only reason I ask is because I got a guy in my league hot after my Herbert, but the only good pieces he has is Zeke, Jacobs, CEH, and Waller, while I already have Conner, Henry, RoJo, and Kittle.

I do have Cam as a backup and Tannehill is still (somehow) sitting in FA. Is there any deal to be made with the names above or am I better off just staying put?
I think he's a risky buy-low, but even the "low" price for Zeke would presumably be pretty high. If they end up making a move for a quarterback then Zeke could return to prominence, but with their current situation he's brutal.

Personally I'd stay with what you have. Herbert is so legit, and your other skill positions look pretty solid.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

If you make a move, I'd pick up Tannehill, Herbert feels legit though. I honestly don't think there is much of a drop off from Herbert to Tannehill. I'd definitely consider a move to add a 3rd top RB, I just don't trust RoJo or Fournette, they just rotate between who is in the dog house there. Hard to say if I like Zeke, Jacobs, or CEH the best. The think that worries me about Zeke is the o-line. Jacobs would be a good buy-low IMO, with guaranteed volume and he's coming off a tough matchup. CEH is in a great offense, but a somewhat uncertain workload.

As a Chiefs fan, CEH will still be the leadback, but it could probably get to 50/50 soon enough. With how last week went with the offense being on the field as little as they were, he's probably a solid buy-low too.

Look at Tannehill's stats in his 16 starts with Tennessee. It's disgusting.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
If you make a move, I'd pick up Tannehill, Herbert feels legit though. I honestly don't think there is much of a drop off from Herbert to Tannehill. I'd definitely consider a move to add a 3rd top RB, I just don't trust RoJo or Fournette, they just rotate between who is in the dog house there. Hard to say if I like Zeke, Jacobs, or CEH the best. The think that worries me about Zeke is the o-line. Jacobs would be a good buy-low IMO, with guaranteed volume and he's coming off a tough matchup. CEH is in a great offense, but a somewhat uncertain workload.

As a Chiefs fan, CEH will still be the leadback, but it could probably get to 50/50 soon enough. With how last week went with the offense being on the field as little as they were, he's probably a solid buy-low too.

Look at Tannehill's stats in his 16 starts with Tennessee. It's disgusting.
Hmm, maybe I’ll look into a push for CEH. I’m almost tempted to just drop Cam for Tannehill and then offer him Tannehill lol

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hmm, maybe I’ll look into a push for CEH. I’m almost tempted to just drop Cam for Tannehill and then offer him Tannehill lol
Yeah, at a minimum, make that swap. Then it's a tossup. Would you prefer the extra depth at QB in case of injury or one struggling down the stretch, or extra cover at the skilled positions. It's reasonable to go either way on that one.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Absolutely insane how great he's been with Tennessee, one of the most underrated QB's in the league right now.
It's amazing how bad Gase for almost every player he's been around. Also crazy how poorly Henry was used by LeFleur. Between getting Tannehill and using Henry properly, Tennessee became a very underrated top team IMO.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Yeah, at a minimum, make that swap. Then it's a tossup. Would you prefer the extra depth at QB in case of injury or one struggling down the stretch, or extra cover at the skilled positions. It's reasonable to go either way on that one.
He just came back to me with David Johnson (who I forgot he had) and Bridgewater for Herbert. Probably gonna pass, but told him I’ll “think about it” while I finish at work and then maybe offer Tannehill for something

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
It's amazing how bad Gase for almost every player he's been around. Also crazy how poorly Henry was used by LeFleur. Between getting Tannehill and using Henry properly, Tennessee became a very underrated top team IMO.
A lot of people forget that Henry was almost considered a bust thanks to LeFleur. Arguably the best RB in the league was almost a bust Because of poor management.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Wow. One of the dumbest guys in my league just dropped Kenyan Drake. I’ve been Stuck stashing Chubb and hurting for a strong 3RB this year so I think I’m going to pick him up.

Same guy who drafted 10th OA and Russel and Watson back to back. 2QB league but still.....

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Anyone here play IDP?

So he's the pickle I'm in. Right now, my roster is invalid with Jamal Adams in IR with only a Questionable status, so I can't make a roster move, and it sounds like he's going to be more of a game time decision. Crosby has also picked up a Questionable status, so I might have to pick up a kicker.

I picked up Chinn as by DB replacement for Adams, and he's been a top tier DB, but since he plays Thursday, I could be screwed if someone doesn't become IR eligible.

Would you drop Chinn, and just pick up Ryan Neal once injury statuses get sorted out?

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Anyone here play IDP?

So he's the pickle I'm in. Right now, my roster is invalid with Jamal Adams in IR with only a Questionable status, so I can't make a roster move, and it sounds like he's going to be more of a game time decision. Crosby has also picked up a Questionable status, so I might have to pick up a kicker.

I picked up Chinn as by DB replacement for Adams, and he's been a top tier DB, but since he plays Thursday, I could be screwed if someone doesn't become IR eligible.

Would you drop Chinn, and just pick up Ryan Neal once injury statuses get sorted out?

If I understand this correctly, Chinn becomes ineligible for you if Adams (or someone else) doesn't have a clear "Out" designation by today? Then yeah, you need to drop Chinn to be able to cover your bases should Adams be inactive and add a sub last-minute on Sunday.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If I understand this correctly, Chinn becomes ineligible for you if Adams (or someone else) doesn't have a clear "Out" designation by today? Then yeah, you need to drop Chinn and add someone to cover your bases.
Once Chinn plays on tonight as a starter, he's locked in and can't be dropped. If Adams or Crosby don't get an Out designation, then I'd potentially have to drop Adams. Once I typed it out, I decided to drop Chinn, and I'll either play Adams or Ryan Neal if Adams can't go. I like playing with IDP to change things up, but they always get terrible injury updates.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Once Chinn plays on tonight as a starter, he's locked in and can't be dropped. If Adams or Crosby don't get an Out designation, then I'd potentially have to drop Adams. Once I typed it out, I decided to drop Chinn, and I'll either play Adams or Ryan Neal if Adams can't go. I like playing with IDP to change things up, but they always get terrible injury updates.

I enjoy playing IDP, too, but when I started playing in the early 90s, the 2-year-old league I joined had started with IDP so for a long time I didn't know any different.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Anyone here play IDP?

Why hang on to Crosby so hard? Not sure I would even want to start a kicker who has been questionable

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Why hang on to Crosby so hard? Not sure I would even want to start a kicker who has been questionable
It was more that Crosby was going to force me to make a roster move, which Adams being on IR prevented me from doing. So, if I started Chinn tonight, and Adams ended up playing, I would've had to cut him or someone else on the active roster.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
16 man roster.

This week my top 3 RB's, Mostert, Mixon and Aaron Jones, WR Lazard and TE Hooper all out injured. The only player not in my lineup and healthy is Derek Carr.

I am 5-1 with the most points in the league so far. Will be a miracle if am 1st in points after this week.

Now, my injured list is Mostert/Mixon/Jones/Lindsay at RB, Hooper at TE and Lazard and Patrick at WR. If Lindsay can't play, I'll have to get a FA. Burkhead is the highest scoring FA running back, ugh.

16 man roster and 7 may not play. I still am in 1st in my division and 1st in points and I play the worst team in the league this week. Good timing

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Now, my injured list is Mostert/Mixon/Jones/Lindsay at RB, Hooper at TE and Lazard and Patrick at WR. If Lindsay can't play, I'll have to get a FA. Burkhead is the highest scoring FA running back, ugh.

16 man roster and 7 may not play. I still am in 1st in my division and 1st in points and I play the worst team in the league this week. Good timing

and now I lose Ridley. lol

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Desperate for a RB in one league with Jones likely out, should I pick up Hasty, M. Brown, or Edwards?

My current healthy RBs are McKinnon, Williams, and Ingram.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Desperate for a RB in one league with Jones likely out, should I pick up Hasty, M. Brown, or Edwards?

My current healthy RBs are McKinnon, Williams, and Ingram.
Pick up Gus Edwards for insurance, Ingram missed every practice this week, highly doubtful he'll play Sunday. He'll be a tough play though, against Pittsburgh's solid run defense and splits with JK Dobbins.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Better use of waiver priority? Henry or Moss?

TE: Kittle (RIP), Goedert
RB: Zeke, Robinson, Carson, Gaskin, Edmonds

Henry has struggled, so that's why I'm iffy on using it on him, especially since there's a chance he squeaks through anyway. Contemplating flipping a RB for a WR or TE now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad