2020 Roster Speculation Part 3: Off-season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Looking on CapFriendly I see we have hold two one way deals for Rochester depth guys. CJ Smith and JS Dea. Hold overs from Botts.

Does this get them traded because of the new “no 700k AHL vets “ approach?

I doubt another team would trade for them. If a team has injury needs coming out of training camp, they know that these players or players like them can be claimed off waivers.

Reactions: joshjull

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If Arizona won't part with one of their goalies, what about the idea of claiming Adin Hill off waivers? I don't know a lot about him, but he has to be better than Hutton.

Reactions: Shootica

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Does anyone think Biron or any of them are connected at all? He’s been saying their goaltending is fine, that they just need to clean up the D. Not sure he’d say that about the D if the organization was confident about it.
It generally seems like the things he says are his opinions, not the view of the organization. He isn't a reporter. I am sure he gets tidbits from people as he is very intwined with the team but statements like that just seem like his take on the roster.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It generally seems like the things he says are his opinions, not the view of the organization. He isn't a reporter. I am sure he gets tidbits from people as he is very intwined with the team but statements like that just seem like his take on the roster.

Doesn’t he work for the Pegulas? Can’t imagine him talking shite about the team if the team didn’t at least somewhat agree, but I’m probably overthinking it

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Rhd for lhd swap options For Montour/Miller

Martinez
Dekeyser
Cole
Nemeth
Leddy
3-5 million in salary

Anyone of those guys i'd be happy with. Balance the defence, have solid pairings instead of a pinballing everyone around

Isles are going to be looking for space. I see more likely a MCCabe for Leddy deal and Buffalo gets a pick/ prospect

I see a Montour for Martinez as a fair deal.

I see something bigger happening though around Reinhart and Miller/Montour +

It’s hard to do close to cap equal one for one trades

The team could go 13/7/3 in their roster

Saw on the main board Frans Nielsen could be bought out in next round of buyouts. Only 9pts in 60s in 2019-2020, but 35pts in 2028-2019.

could he be a trade swap with Okposo?
1) Okposo is the more productive player
2) Okposo is the younger player
3) Nielsen is cheaper (750K per yr)
4) Nielsen plays center
5) Nielsen only has two years left on his contract as opposed to Okposo’s 3yrs left.

*Nielsen did play for Ralph for Team Europe a few yrs. ago

maybe Bernier/Nielsen for Okposo/Hutton?

It’s not my first choice and buffalo would have something I don’t like because of year 3 on Okposo.

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Just curious - I know teams can't walk away from Arb awards under $4 million - are there any restrictions on trading a player given an arbitration award?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How are you all doing with covid over there. Very quiet here about Russia? Are there fans attending. Just wondering how it may impact Piluts stuff.
Don't know about hockey but FWIW I follow the Russian Premier League (Spartak supporter) and while there is reduced capacity they do let in a good deal of fans (and in the case of the big Moscow derbies there appears to be no capacity limits whatsoever).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
How are you all doing with covid over there. Very quiet here about Russia? Are there fans attending. Just wondering how it may impact Piluts stuff.
Now there are 16-17 thousand new infections per day, this is almost the maximum figures for all time. Somewhere it is possible for fans to attend matches, but somewhere not, but basically no more than 20-30 percent of the stadium capacity is allowed, and this does not depend on the sport, but depends on the region where you can attend games and where not.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Now there are 16-17 thousand new infections per day, this is almost the maximum figures for all time. Somewhere it is possible for fans to attend matches, but somewhere not, but basically no more than 20-30 percent of the stadium capacity is allowed, and this does not depend on the sport, but depends on the region where you can attend games and where not.

Is Russia fighting with the US, seeing how many new cases they can get? Can we go back to the days of racing to the moon, only this time make it Mars? :nod:

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
why is it more reasonable?

He’s playing almost half an NHL season and parting decent numbers (2.69 GAA, .915 SP). Arbitration rulings heavily depend on stats (to a fault).

Note I said his ask is closer to reasonable. I’m not arguing that Ullmark deserves $4 million based on what he’s shown. But the value he’s brought to an NHL goaltender position is definitely more than a contract that’s $1 over league minimum in the $1.8 figure.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If Arizona won't part with one of their goalies, what about the idea of claiming Adin Hill off waivers? I don't know a lot about him, but he has to be better than Hutton.

He's a better option than Hutton. I personally do not want to see Hutton next year, which means ultimately we'll see him next year. I think it's possible that Adams is just trying to get Ullmark and Olofsson done before he does any other roster editing. So he knows what he has to work with within the left over cap, as well as the assets that we can potentially have available. The worst end game positive is at least Hutton is only signed for one more year.

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
UFA's after 2021-22:
Carter Hutton, G
Taylor Hall, LW
Eric Staal, C
Matt Irwin, LHD
Tobias Rieder, LW
Jake McCabe, LHD
Brandon Montour, RHD

Going into next season the Sabres need to be keeping as many of their picks as possible. This team going forward doesn't have the depth to compete with the top end of this division.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
UFA's after 2021-22:
Carter Hutton, G
Taylor Hall, LW
Eric Staal, C
Matt Irwin, LHD
Tobias Rieder, LW
Jake McCabe, LHD
Brandon Montour, RHD

Going into next season the Sabres need to be keeping as many of their picks as possible. This team going forward doesn't have the depth to compete with the top end of this division.

The HOPE is you pickup a 1B goalie this before the start of the season. I think you can look to add a long term LHD as well.

Staal, hopefully, is replaced by one of Cozens or even Mittelstadt. Bryson/Borgen are hopefully bubbling up. We can't replace Hall immediately.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Skinner-Eichel-Kahun
Hall-Staal-Cozens
Olofsson-Eakin-Reinhart
Girgensons-Lazar-Okposo
Rieder, Thompson

I definitely like the idea of 3 scoring lines and an energy line.

Now all I want for Christmas is Kahun.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m set with our forward options.

gimme a montour trade, preferably with Hutton for a goalie upgrade, sign Chara, and go make the playoffs.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
UFA's after 2021-22:
Carter Hutton, G
Taylor Hall, LW
Eric Staal, C
Matt Irwin, LHD
Tobias Rieder, LW
Jake McCabe, LHD
Brandon Montour, RHD

Let’s look at a potential 21/22 team....

Hall(???)-Eichel(10)-quinn(1)
Skinner(9)-Cozens(1)-Thompson(1.4)
Olifsson(3.5)-Mittlestadt(1.5)-Reinhart(???)
Girgensons(2.2)-Eakin(2.25)-xxx
Lazar(.8) KO(6)
Others...Asplund(0.8) reider (0.7)

Dahlin (5.5)-Joki(2.5)
Vet(3.6) -Risto(5.4)
Prospect(1)-Borgen(1)
Miller(3.9)

Goalie(4)
UPL(1)

G/D=27.9
F= 38.7
Cap= 66.6M

That’s about 13M to play with in resigning Hall and Reinhart for 2-3 yrs. if they got Seattle to take Okposo could give thrm more wiggle room.

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The HOPE is you pickup a 1B goalie this before the start of the season. I think you can look to add a long term LHD as well.

Staal, hopefully, is replaced by one of Cozens or even Mittelstadt. Bryson/Borgen are hopefully bubbling up. We can't replace Hall immediately.

This is true, I can see the Sabres re-signing Hall if he makes an impact. Barring that he wants to -re-sign of course.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Let’s look at a potential 21/22 team....

Hall(???)-Eichel(10)-quinn(1)
Skinner(9)-Cozens(1)-Thompson(1.4)
Olifsson(3.5)-Mittlestadt(1.5)-Reinhart(???)
Girgensons(2.2)-Eakin(2.25)-xxx
Lazar(.8) KO(6)
Others...Asplund(0.8) reider (0.7)

Dahlin (5.5)-Joki(2.5)
Vet(3.6) -Risto(5.4)
Prospect(1)-Borgen(1)
Miller(3.9)

Goalie(4)
UPL(1)

G/D=27.9
F= 38.7
Cap= 66.6M

That’s about 13M to play with in resigning Hall and Reinhart for 2-3 yrs. if they got Seattle to take Okposo could give thrm more wiggle room.
Quick question Sabre’s fans do you think Pekar maybe gets an injury call up midsession or so?? Or will he be a full time stater next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad