2020 Roster Speculation Part 3: Off-season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Carrier - Vesey - Kahun

Find the pattern.

Sometimes people in here can't help but overrate them mediocre players.
Is this trend annual or what?
I don't get this.

People keep trying to compare kahun to all these players who did nada in the NHL while Kahun actually produced.

Ive now seen kahun compared to carrier, rieder, vesey, erod. Kahun has a career average production that's better than any of these guys best season (even if it's a short career)

If people want to say kahun doesn't fit, or wanted too much, or didnt like his game that's fine. But trying to use these other players to justify it makes no sense.

If you want to make a player comparison, use sheary. He actually had a hot start to his career from playing with strong teammates. Kahun could very well be sheary 2.0, but he's already done enough to not be compared with the other bottom 6 players fans may have fallen too hard for

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
We need a goalie to replace Hutton. That is the missing piece at this point, not Kahun. Sabres are entering a critical season that could define the next decade. Would you bank on Hutton for that? Spend what ever it takes... incudes 2021 - 1st, Mitts, Davidson, Samuelsson. Any combo.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Who the hell was overrating Vesey here?

Carrier, much like Kahun, plays a game that fits a role that makes lines effective. As someone that liked both players a lot, yeah, it stings to see both gone, especially considering seeing this organization struggle to field an effective bottom 6, which is where those players fit and work best. But I'm sure there are those that consider those players a dime a dozen while while we spend pennies to fill those roles.

I'm guessing OP was referring to the first time we traded for Vesey?

The time Murray gave up a pick for a guy everyone else in the world knew was going to UFA to sign for the Rangers... :facepalm:

Reactions: Wisent42

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Who the hell was overrating Vesey here?
No one, this time around. But, as I recall, a lot of us did the first time we traded a third rounder for him only to watch him sign in NY.

Edit: I've got to learn to check if someone has already said what I intend to say. Second time today I just pile on... Sorry 'bout that.

Reactions: hockeyman1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad