2020 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
yes next season isn’t the season to be concerned about cap space, we can likely get Markstrom, Tanev and Toffoli signed if we let Stetcher walk and don’t re-up Virtanen. Ferlund is likely on LTIR all season but we need his cap hit at the beginning of the season and I would wonder if Baertschi would sign a mutual to free himself to sign a 1 million show me contract for next year, I think the guy is expecting to try and carve out another 5 years at least and won’t get that opportunity being buried in the AHL for another season, gotta stay relevant

I think we're better off paying someone to take on one of our dud contracts than letting Virtanen walk. Odds are we can convince a team to eat anyone not named Eriksson with a second rounder. And I'd rather give up that than Virtanen. At least we know what we have with him.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
If the team could roll with Sutter as their 3C next year and let Gaudette compete with Eriksson, Virtanen, and MacEwen to fill out the RW slots it would be a big step to getting this team out of their cap mess. Avoids the Toffoli contract and also allows them to save assets in a Sutter cap dump trade.

I wouldn't allow a small sample size to skew one's view towards Sutter. I mean...maybe he's finally healthy, and he knows it will be a contract year, and he's deployed properly similarly to how he was deployed in 16/17...but it seems as though the stars would need to align perfectly for him to lock down the 3rd line C role next year. Would love to be proven wrong on this but I am extremely doubtful.

Reactions: m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad