2020 Playoffs

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He might be shorter, but he's much better built than Glass was, and is. Not sure why A. him being injured last off-season and start of the season andB. him being quarantined like every other player has been, is of any significance. Krebs isn't Glass. The fact that somebody struggled doesn't mean that another player will.

Who knows, maybe he could break into the roster. He's the type of player this team loves. But he most likely won't as we're pretty deep(same would go for Pirri, we have a lot of better options than Pirri), it'd be great and not the first time a young player breaks into a playoffs roster, though.

Glass would have been by far the more ready player to play though, he was older, he was bigger, he had much more experience, and a better junior career. And he was playing in beginning of the regular season games with a full offseason of preparation, not playoffs against only better teams in a strange time for everyone.

It isn't impossible Krebs could come in and hang somewhat but way more likely he would struggle worse than Glass.

Pirri is not good, I won't be arguing he is at all, but he's done it before, with this team even. I would have equal worry about Krebs or Pirri dragging down a line if either actually played, and thank goodness neither will need to be used in all likelihood, but I would have more confidence in this short sample that Pirri could go on a run and score some goals to help us win a series at least.

But where's Elvenes? He would take the spot before Pirri. He should take the spot of about five of those forwards they chose.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No Pirri. He wasn't on the VGK list. Haven't seen/heard exactly what is happening.

Still shocked by it. Duke and Kolesar are both a total waste for playoff hockey, maybe they will be the cuts. Pirri at least gives some offensive upside if its needed. If Tuch gets hurt again, I don't see any rational replacement for him, probably would be a mess with something like moving Carrier up and then coming up with some lesser 4th line when they could just have put Pirri in and kept the rest intact.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Still shocked by it. Duke and Kolesar are both a total waste for playoff hockey, maybe they will be the cuts. Pirri at least gives some offensive upside if its needed. If Tuch gets hurt again, I don't see any rational replacement for him, probably would be a mess with something like moving Carrier up and then coming up with some lesser 4th line when they could just have put Pirri in and kept the rest intact.
Kolesar is there in case Reaves goes down I'd think. If a top-6 spot opens up one of our 3rd liners take that spot. If a third line spot opens up, Cousins takes it, then if another opens up, Nosek could take that one if you really want the Meatgrinder intact, and have Quinney take 4C.

There is 0 reason for Pirri, we have better options that we didn't bring than Pirri. Stop it with Pirri.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kolesar is there in case Reaves goes down I'd think. If a top-6 spot opens up one of our 3rd liners take that spot. If a third line spot opens up, Cousins takes it, then if another opens up, Nosek could take that one if you really want the Meatgrinder intact, and have Quinney take 4C.

There is 0 reason for Pirri, we have better options that we didn't bring than Pirri. Stop it with Pirri.

Why use Kolesar for Reaves? Playoff hockey and players like that make little sense. The 4th line is just barely usable as is because of chemistry and enough positive play to use them against a higher line to try to neutralize them. Putting in another player though is just asking for it.

I get it if we had to use Pirri we probably are in trouble, but I really think beyond Nosek and maybe Brown the depth players are not really useful. I really have no clue why Duke is still even a part of the org, he should be out looking for a new contract right now. Quinney maybe should get a look in the camp to see if there's a role he could play next season, but he's not ready to play in a playoff game. To me that seems like what they are doing, let's see Krebs and Quinney in camp, but it takes up spots that could be players who in an emergency could be put in the lineup.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Why use Kolesar for Reaves? Playoff hockey and players like that make little sense. The 4th line is just barely usable as is because of chemistry and enough positive play to use them against a higher line to try to neutralize them. Putting in another player though is just asking for it.

I get it if we had to use Pirri we probably are in trouble, but I really think beyond Nosek and maybe Brown the depth players are not really useful. I really have no clue why Duke is still even a part of the org, he should be out looking for a new contract right now. Quinney maybe should get a look in the camp to see if there's a role he could play next season, but he's not ready to play in a playoff game. To me that seems like what they are doing, let's see Krebs and Quinney in camp, but it takes up spots that could be players who in an emergency could be put in the lineup.
So, I take it you didn't watch us play when Carrier wasn't on the 4th line?

I agree with Duke, but at the same time, so should Pirri.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Day 2 of camp. Live stream on FB, Twitter, Twitch, etc.

Lehner wearing his new VGK pads. Looks cool.

Fleury not participating again.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I would have liked to see Zykov, Pirri and Dugan over several of those names on the list.

Maybe PDB is high on Krebs because after Nosek the remaining forwards are just AHLers IMO?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am honestly tempted to just play Lehner in the playoffs.

Guy said he has been on the ice for awhile while Fleury still isn't skating.

Edit: I was wrong about Fleury not skating. Still would be tempted to start Lehner.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Wednesday PDB indicated that Fleury would resume skating soon.

At least with Lehner, it's not like Fleury has to play all the games.

(FWIW, with Crawford out in Chicago, Subban might be the guy starting the qualifying round for Blackhawks.)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Looks like Krebs is moving up Pete's ladder as he skated with Nosek & Quinney, while Kolesar moved down to Duke, & Brown.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
(FWIW, with Crawford out in Chicago, Subban might be the guy starting the qualifying round for Blackhawks.)

Imagine the roller coaster of being in the tank and trading away a great goalie for value, and then qualifying for once in a lifetime play-in round, and then learning that Malcolm Subban will lead you into that play-in round.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Imagine the roller coaster of being in the tank and trading away a great goalie for value, and then qualifying for once in a lifetime play-in round, and then learning that Malcolm Subban will lead you into that play-in round.

Then losing and landing Lafreniere?

Reactions: GKG18

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

If all the team cares about is winning this should be the move.

But Fleury is so popular, gets paid a lot and people don’t want to upset him so I’m hoping the team at least goes with both of them.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

What?

Flower has skated for 5 weeks. Remember when players could start skating again, who was the first ones on the ice? Flower, Stone, Patches, Stastny, Holden, & Engo.

Pete apparently also said Flower had pushed himself really hard those weeks and needed some time off.

As for what'll happen, the hot hand starts going by Pete's comments.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sounds like there will be another live feed circa Sunday 10am. Good practice today (except my internet was flaky so didn't catch it all)

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Who do you guys expect in goal?
Maybe at the beginning of the playoffs they'll play in turn, and then it'll become clear who's going to be a starting goalie, and who of them will be a backup.

Reactions: Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad