2020 Playoffs

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Date: TBA

Seeding: TBD

Exact format: TBD. (Sounds like the top 4 Western Conference teams will play a round robin to determine final seeding. Then play the respective winners of the 8-team best-of-3 play-in series. But is first round best of 5 or best of 7? Are rounds 3-4 best of 7?)

But VGK are among the top teams in odds (6/1) for winning the Stanley Cup per oddsmakers this past week.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Journeymen may get more attention than an unproven just-signed draftee.

Teams are going to war (aka playoffs) and need to have guys who will be able to step in in case of injuries and starters falter.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Dugan isn't going to be eligible. New contracts can't be signed for this year.

Glass would be a lock if he's healthy, but he probably won't be. So Pirri/Brown/Quinney/Hague/Bishcoff for sure. Then 1 of Mckenzie/Zykov and 1 of Coghlan/Megna/Schuldt.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This is where I cough while saying Glass. Can't see us taking Dugan over Elvenes either way.

Are they going to be allowed a third goaltender or will they have to pray for no injuries? And who would the choose from Dansk and Sparks?

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
This is where I cough while saying Glass. Can't see us taking Dugan over Elvenes either way.
I don't think Glass will be healthy. I thought he was going to be ready for training camp but not for any of the summer camps.

When was this announced?

I also don't see them inviting anyone from "Chicago" that won't be at least in Henderson (other than goalies) next year so I doubt they want to bring in Zykov. If they plan on resigning McKenzie then they might bring him up, but if they don't plan on resigning him then I think they bring someone else.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I don't think Glass will be healthy. I thought he was going to be ready for training camp but not for any of the summer camps.

When was this announced?

I also don't see them inviting anyone from "Chicago" that won't be at least in Henderson (other than goalies) next year so I doubt they want to bring in Zykov. If they plan on resigning McKenzie then they might bring him up, but if they don't plan on resigning him then I think they bring someone else.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Glass would be a lock if he's healthy, but he probably won't be. So Pirri/Brown/Quinney/Hague/Bishcoff for sure. Then 1 of Mckenzie/Zykov and 1 of Coghlan/Megna/Schuldt.

When was this announced?

Everybody are expected to be healthy for us, and Glass during an interview said he's staying game ready for the continuation of the season.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So the Knights will only get 2 games for a warm up while the play in series teams might get 3-5?

Garbage.

The NHL is making it so the play in teams have an advantage over bye in teams. Especially if they make the 1st round 5 games instead of 7.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
So the Knights will only get 2 games for a warm up while the play in series teams might get 3-5?

Garbage.

The NHL is making it so the play in teams have an advantage over bye in teams. Especially if they make the 1st round 5 games instead of 7.

The Knights play the Stars, Avs, and Blues once each in the round robin to determine seeding. I think I also read the NHL is planning to give every team 2 exhibition games as well.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The Knights play the Stars, Avs, and Blues once each in the round robin to determine seeding. I think I also read the NHL is planning to give every team 2 exhibition games as well.
I saw that too, so 5 vs. 5-7. Sounds as good as it can get given circumstances. And none of our games should be feisty, so less opportunities for injuries.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'm hearing that as part of "training camp", there will be two exhibition games per team. But nothing if held at hub or team facilities or what.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. Coaches had time to analyze in detail their potential playoff opponents.

(Some teams often send a scout to view live games in advance of playing a team. But this gives team more details of how a team addressed situations that may not have been seen in limited scouting viewings.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad