Speculation: 2020 Offseason Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think Heinen will be a solid player for us.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Kerfoot sucks and that trade is awful. If Manson goes to Toronto, one of Sandin (plus a small add) or Nylander (with us adding) is coming back.

I know I’ll get shit for that because Sandin is incredibly overvalued on hfboards but I know Murray sees it the same way.

Reactions: ADHB

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Kerfoot sucks and that trade is awful. If Manson goes to Toronto, one of Sandin (plus a small add) or Nylander (with us adding) is coming back.

I know I’ll get shit for that because Sandin is incredibly overvalued on hfboards but I know Murray sees it the same way.
Honestly, I think Nylander is the only way Manson becomes a Leaf. Sandin is a great prospect but if I recall hes another LSD. Insurance for Lindholm I suppose but we can't afford to lose our 2 top shut down D in 2 years.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I actually don't mind that trade. The pick is what I want. Take out Kerfoot, add Johnsson with Nylander and you have a deal

I would keep Heinen because he's a solid two-way defensive forward.
Having picks #6, #15, #27 and #36 will be fun for Madden. At that point you have to cross ur fingers that Jarvis is there at #15
Imagine getting 1 of Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond to go along with 1 of Jarvis/Guhle/Zary, 1 of Brisson/Peterka/Reichel and then one of Grans/Barron/Greig.

Oct 18, 2011
Article in the Athletic about potential D targets for Toronto.

Who says no? Maple Leafs trade hypotheticals for a defenceman

This is my favorite part:

Well, that's just great. The Leafs should definitely make this trade because they could use Manson, not taking into consideration why the Ducks wouldn't, and shouldn't, do it. There is more analysis by the writer and by Eric Stephens, who defends the Ducks position. But this scout's quote is typical. The league doesn't exist solely to help the Leafs.
The value seems mediocre

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I actually don't mind that trade. The pick is what I want. Take out Kerfoot, add Johnsson with Nylander and you have a deal

I would keep Heinen because he's a solid two-way defensive forward.
So, you would make the trade as long as they "just add Nylander"? That would be like someone agreeing to the basic framework of a deal with the Ducks, but "just add Lindholm."

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If a deep pocket team managed to offer enough to pry Manson away, I could see working out a mutually beneficial addition where we save some real dollars while helping them save some cap space.

For example, if the two sides agreed on 15th overall + Liljegren for Manson, perhaps that could be expanded to 15th overall + Liljegren for Manson (20% retained) + Kesler

Benefit for Toronto? At a time where cap space is precious as can be, they get Manson 20% cheaper (820k less for each of the two seasons, comes out to 3.28M per). Costs them nothing additional in terms of assets, essentially they are purchasing 820k in cap space (x2) for 1.375M (x2) in real dollars (the 20% owed to Kesler after insurance).

For our side, it works out to a combined 1.11M in real dollar savings (compared to selling Manson with no retention and keeping Kesler) all of which was dead money. Costs us only cap space we weren't likely to use.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Judging by past drafts the Ducks will probably wait until Draft Day to make their deals. They seem to have a lot of trades contingent on players being available.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It’s probably been discussed but would anyone else be willing to move 6 and maybe something like Henrique with some retention and a prospect for Laine? Seems inevitable he’s moved this offseason. While he’s a frustrating player and isn’t the best at driving offense he’s a great goal scorer and is likely to be better than anyone we pick at 6 this season.

Jets can then use 6 in a package to address one of the multiple holes they need to fill.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am not a huge Laine fan (check my posts) but I'd anything not named Gibson, Lindholm or Zegras for him including any draft pick.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
It’s probably been discussed but would anyone else be willing to move 6 and maybe something like Henrique with some retention and a prospect for Laine? Seems inevitable he’s moved this offseason. While he’s a frustrating player and isn’t the best at driving offense he’s a great goal scorer and is likely to be better than anyone we pick at 6 this season.

Jets can then use 6 in a package to address one of the multiple holes they need to fill.
To me, what does that really net the Team? No doubt Laine is a much better player than Rico but we are giving up the number 6 who themselves could likely be a impact player. While I agree we need to upgrade at Forward I am not sure Rico is the guy. I'd be focusing more on Heinen and Milano as guys that should be pushed down the lineup or straight up adding a RW.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Id rather get Ehlers than Laine but I would absolutely take Laine.

Connor is my dream but its not happening probably

Reactions: Paul4587

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Bobby Ryan is being bought out. What’s the thought on maybe signing him to a one year deal?
I don't think it makes much sense. I used to prefer BR to Perry as I wasn't a fan of the on ice antics but it doesn't make too much sense to buy out Perry just to sign BR who probably is a similar player at this stage. If we add a forward I have to think it would be a long term player.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't think it makes much sense. I used to prefer BR to Perry as I wasn't a fan of the on ice antics but it doesn't make too much sense to buy out Perry just to sign BR who probably is a similar player at this stage. If we add a forward I have to think it would be a long term player.
Makes sense actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad