Speculation: 2020 Offseason Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Stephens has a nice article of some possible trades from cap-tied teams. Just some fantasy there, but was nice to read.

A lot of teams will have a crunchy situation and they don't have a rising cap to bail them out.
But, with expansion draft looming, we might not be very active for going after some good players without giving up a good player in exchange. So, not holding my breath.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Speaking of the expansion draft i think we are in good position for the expansion draft compared to most teams, all the Ducks will lose is one of:
Larsson, Mahura, Guhle, Djoos or Manson.
Personally i hope one of the young Dmen becomes good enough that they trade Manson and expose two of the young D that hasn't progressed as well.
Worst case scenario they are unable to trade Manson and expose him instead.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Speaking of the expansion draft i think we are in good position for the expansion draft compared to most teams, all the Ducks will lose is one of:
Larsson, Mahura, Guhle, Djoos or Manson.
Personally i hope one of the young Dmen becomes good enough that they trade Manson and expose two of the young D that hasn't progressed as well.
Worst case scenario they are unable to trade Manson and expose him instead.
AnguishedMediumKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

I guess I'm in a minority but I think Manson is very valuable for us. Sometimes he makes mistakes, yes, but he is a very good D that can play physical and has some good leadership. It does not help that others on the team have been ass to help defensively.

I would be sad if we trade him away, but casually mentioning him next to Larsson and Guhle as someone we can afford to lose for nothing is mind-boggling to me.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It really hinges on how Manson plays next year, if he continues to slide defensively while a younger D like Djoos were to step up their game then it means they need to figure out what do in the expansion draft. But is also about what age will Manson be when the Ducks rebuild is over. The way he plays physical he probably will have his share of injuries that slow him down by then.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It really hinges on how Manson plays next year, if he continues to slide defensively while a younger D like Djoos were to step up their game then it means they need to figure out what do in the expansion draft. But is also about what age will Manson be when the Ducks rebuild is over. The way he plays physical he probably will have his share of injuries that slow him down by then.
Good point about this, but he'll be 29 in Oct. He's not that old, but our rebuild has to be smooth for him to make an impact yeah.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
What assets do realistically have for trade Even if their not necessarily up for trade? Tweener prospects, rakell, Henrique, ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What assets do realistically have for trade Even if their not necessarily up for trade? Tweener prospects, rakell, Henrique, ?
Id say
Rakell, Henrique, rawney

larsson, guhle, Sherwood

And I assume we’d listen in Manson but we prob have a high floor to get convo started, if Toronto gets eliminated early again, I assume Manson at 50 to Toronto could bring in a big haul... he’ll even a team like avs could have significant interest in Manson if they lose early.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
its honestly a great time to move Rakell and Manson IMO......
They both will hold a lot of value in offseason... we’re not contending next year and both of their contracts are up soonish... it def seems like a good time to move em. Some teams will be desperate if knocked out early for players like Rakell and Manson, there will be a pretty decent market for them

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
its honestly a great time to move Rakell and Manson IMO......
Not sure. The trades market will be screwed a bit because of the flat cap quite a few teams will have to work to even fit under it. Of course, Raks and Manson are on team-friendly contracts but if we have to take back overpaid dudes, I'm not jumping from joy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure. The trades market will be screwed a bit because of the flat cap quite a few teams will have to work to even fit under it. Of course, Raks and Manson are on team-friendly contracts but if we have to take back overpaid dudes, I'm not jumping from joy.
As long as they are off the books in a reasonable amount of time, i dont mind... specially if we can get extra asset.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
As long as they are off the books in a reasonable amount of time, i dont mind... specially if we can get extra asset.

As long as they are off by the end of the 21-22 season it should be fine. That summer is going to be an expensive one with Hampus, Rakell, and Manson getting raises.

Reactions: Getz2noone

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Id say
Rakell, Henrique, rawney

larsson, guhle, Sherwood

And I assume we’d listen in Manson but we prob have a high floor to get convo started, if Toronto gets eliminated early again, I assume Manson at 50 to Toronto could bring in a big haul... he’ll even a team like avs could have significant interest in Manson if they lose early.
I don't understand why you have Sherwood listed. He cleared waivers, he has no trade value, but he's also a perfectly fine extra forward who is young, no reason for us to move him either. Even if a team were to offer a late pick, what's the chance that pick becomes a better player than Sherwood?

Oct 18, 2011
They both will hold a lot of value in offseason... we’re not contending next year and both of their contracts are up soonish... it def seems like a good time to move em. Some teams will be desperate if knocked out early for players like Rakell and Manson, there will be a pretty decent market for them
Their cap numbers give them even more value in this environment, if we have to take on temporary money to set us up long term it has to be considered if ownership can get on board. our window is 2+ years out and for me I don't see a future for Rakell here

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
It seems inconceivable Manson would be exposed in the expansion draft. They'd trade him before letting that happen.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Their cap numbers give them even more value in this environment, if we have to take on temporary money to set us up long term it has to be considered if ownership can get on board. our window is 2+ years out and for me I don't see a future for Rakell here
Agreed... i think we can sell Rakell/Manson for assets and sign FA to fill in roster for now. There is no chance we are competing next year ... and even the year after is a pipe dream.

I think taking cap space for assets should def be an option... just nothing long term unless they are paying a valid price.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would put money on Rakell and Manson being Ducks at the start of next season. Rakell sounds like he’s talked his way out of being moved and Murray absolutely loves Manson. Plus Murray is way too competitive to be moving core players in their prime ages for futures.

I hope I’m wrong about Rakell but I can’t see him being anywhere else at the start of next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would put money on Rakell and Manson being Ducks at the start of next season. Rakell sounds like he’s talked his way out of being moved and Murray absolutely loves Manson. Plus Murray is way too competitive to be moving core players in their prime ages for futures.

I hope I’m wrong about Rakell but I can’t see him being anywhere else at the start of next year.
I think it just depends on what type of value is being thrown our direction on either player.... I think after a playoff run there might be some teams desperate for a Manson/Rakell type at that price and may up the value in our favor.

I think BM has something in his head that he wants to receive for either player, and he wont budge unless he gets that.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I still have a hard time seeing BM trade either player. Everything we've heard from him, to me, sounds like he expects the team to be better next year and it wont be if he moves those players for futures. As it stands though we are also going to be over the cap right now if we fill out the roster and will have to put Kesler on LTIR unless we move out salary. We have about 5 mill in unsued LTIR space filling out the roster with signed players.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I still have a hard time seeing BM trade either player. Everything we've heard from him, to me, sounds like he expects the team to be better next year and it wont be if he moves those players for futures. As it stands though we are also going to be over the cap right now if we fill out the roster and will have to put Kesler on LTIR unless we move out salary. We have about 5 mill in unsued LTIR space filling out the roster with signed players.
He also said the same thing before this current season... bm has spewed so much crap I don’t believe a single thing he says anymore

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
He also said the same thing before this current season... bm has spewed so much crap I don’t believe a single thing he says anymore
I'm not sure that's really fair. They have been pretty clear that they expected more from the kids this year and my guess is that the expectation will carry to next. He has stated that he thinks the team is better than their record. He didn't subtract guys for picks last year outside of Montour who I had other issues, so I would be surprised if he did this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->