Speculation: 2020 Offseason Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don’t think that will make Hampus more likely to be traded. Primarily because I don’t think Bob thinks it’s smart to move Lindholm (which is obviously correct thinking).

I do think the difference in cap vs actual salary this coming year is one of the reasons the owners are supposedly so okay with LTIRing Kes’s deal. The fourth period guys were making a big deal about the owners paying for an expensive team this year; they aren’t. It’s just a high cap hit.

Ducks seem to be in a good place with salary, they have under $65 mil committed for next season (if I'm doing my math right) including paying Kesler 20% of his contract. They should be right around 65$ with adding a backup goalie.

Reactions: Duck Off

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
How do you figure?

Trade Manson for 1st + something.

Sign Pietro for 8mil. Ltir Kesler. That fits us under the cap no?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You can fit Peitrangelo if we move Manson and don't take back any salary. we have 470k in cap space right now. You add 6.875 mill and and Manson's 4.1 and you end up with about 11.4 mil. Stolarz comes in to back up for 750k leaving 10.695 mill. Fill last roster spot with league Minimum salary of 700k and you can offer Pietrangelo 9.9 mill for 7 years or 69.3 mill UFA deal. Doesn't really address our ability to score though.
Edit: On another Note, with 21 players signed we have an actually Salary expenditure of 68 mill which includes Keslers full contract. With us getting 80% covered with insurance and moving out Manson's 4.45 mill we would actually gain back 9.77 mill in actual dollars. putting Salary down to 58.92. Add in Stolarz and extra player at 1.4 mil leaves actual salary at 60.3 mill. No idea what our internal cap is but the 71 mill number has been tossed around and if that applied to us we could give Pietrangelo 10 mill next year in a year of flat caps

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
To me the only 2 singular pieces in the league that could immediately jump us to the playoffs over night are McDavid and MacKinnon. Not getting either of those guys obviously.

This isn’t an argument against trying to get better this offseason.
I just don’t think the ducks are in a position to be acquiring a player in his 30s right now, no matter how big of a superstar. If they were a fringe playoff team right now I’d probably say go for it. But we were 5th from the bottom and 30th in goals for.

The only players I’d be interested in this offseason that I heard might be available are Mitch marner and Ehlers/Connor

Those guys are young enough to fit in with our next core

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Minnesota is probably moving dumba. He would be a guy I'd really like to go after.

He's definitely someone I could see us having interest in, but Manson would have to go in another deal. Problem is Minnesota is looking for a young top 6 center. Doubt Steel or Lundestrom would cut it and we obviously aren't doing 6 or Z.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don’t particularly like Dumba. His hockey IQ is really bad, he’s not someone I would want playing in anything more than a number 4 role.

that said I would be interested in him. I wouldn’t be willing to give up much though - Henrique and a prospect not named Zegras is about it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I've never been a huge Dumba fan but I do think him and Lindholm would compliment each other quite well, and he'd obviously be an upgrade to our group.
Yeah, he isn't perfect, but he would absolutely up the talent quotient on the team as well as add a needed dynamic on the pp.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t particularly like Dumba. His hockey IQ is really bad, he’s not someone I would want playing in anything more than a number 4 role.

that said I would be interested in him. I wouldn’t be willing to give up much though - Henrique and a prospect not named Zegras is about it.
Ya if they would do something around Henrique + I’d be interested.... guessing 1 of our cost controlled dmen would go back

Lindholm dumba
Fowler Manson
Mahura/djoos/larsson + gudbranson
Is a pretty good d core, with a lot of depth.

I still think we should move Rakell for a top 15 pick... with the cap situation he should bring a top 15 pick + Pretty good prospect

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fan here. Rumors out today that Sakic May be willing to move Erik Johnson. EJ has a house in Anaheim and spends most of his offseason there so I immediately thought of your team as a potential landing spot. He’s a useful defenseman but his contract still has 3 years left at 6M. Would Anaheim have any interest?

I don’t think he’d have any actual value due to the length of his contract so I was wondering what you guys thought of a Backes+Gudbranson for EJ deal?

6M in for Anaheim. 8.5M out. Backes and Gudbranson are off the books in a year while EJ will have two more left.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Can’t we technically go 4 4 1?

Yeah but this model means we reduce protected F from 7 to 4 IIRC, that I do not like. Dumba would be great, but do we really need him that much? Personally I think definitely not.

Avs fan here. Rumors out today that Sakic May be willing to move Erik Johnson. EJ has a house in Anaheim and spends most of his offseason there so I immediately thought of your team as a potential landing spot. He’s a useful defenseman but his contract still has 3 years left at 6M. Would Anaheim have any interest?

I don’t think he’d have any actual value due to the length of his contract so I was wondering what you guys thought of a Backes+Gudbranson for EJ deal?

6M in for Anaheim. 8.5M out. Backes and Gudbranson are off the books in a year while EJ will have two more left.
EJ has to be protected, doesn't he? Then it does not make sense to us at all. A fact that he has a house here could mean something in UFA, not that much in trades.
But cool, I did not knew he was living in Anaheim in summers.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah but this model means we reduce protected F from 7 to 4 IIRC, that I do not like. Dumba would be great, but do we really need him that much? Personally I think definitely not.

EJ has to be protected, doesn't he? Then it does not make sense to us at all. A fact that he has a house here could mean something in UFA, not that much in trades.
But cool, I did not knew he was living in Anaheim in summers.
In terms of forwards protecting

Assuming Getzlaf is a FA, henrique is moved... who is really worth more than a dumba to protect?

Silf, heinen, Steel, Rakell(unless he is moved?)

That leaves Jones Terry milano few other meh guys available... not sure it would cost a ton to protect those types of players. If i remember correctly Comtois doenst have to be protected.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In terms of forwards protecting

Assuming Getzlaf is a FA, henrique is moved... who is really worth more than a dumba to protect?

Silf, heinen, Steel, Rakell(unless he is moved?)

That leaves Jones Terry milano few other meh guys available... not sure it would cost a ton to protect those types of players. If i remember correctly Comtois doenst have to be protected.
Would prefer to keep on Jones, Terry and Lundy. And actually I think Comtois have to be protected because he played those 10 games then.
Of course they are at least not right now at the same level of impact as Dumba but again, I don't think Dumba will solve much problems for us.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Would prefer to keep on Jones, Terry and Lundy. And actually I think Comtois have to be protected because he played those 10 games then.
Of course they are at least not right now at the same level of impact as Dumba but again, I don't think Dumba will solve much problems for us.
Comtois does not have to be protected. And you forgot Steel.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I guess to me it wouldn’t prob cost a crazy amount to have them pick a certain player over those guys.... but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad