Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Luckily I am not in the Dallas market so I watch all the Stars games on the NHL.tv. However I get blacked out of the vast majority of Jets games unless they are national games.

If you pay for NHL.tv or Centre Ice, you should be immune from blackouts. I get why you're not, but I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

The extremely expected part first i guess. None of those guys had a shot at a roster spot . Still at 4 healthy goalies by the way.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

tenor.gif

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It has all the games, it's just that the blackouts apply, for example Stars' games in Dallas are available 48hrs after the game ends.
Most european markets have single provider owning all the rights, so blackouts for all games. VPN is your friend.
So in Canada I would have access to all the stars games live ?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Luckily I am not in the Dallas market so I watch all the Stars games on the NHL.tv. However I get blacked out of the vast majority of Jets games unless they are national games.

If you pay for NHL.tv or Centre Ice, you should be immune from blackouts. I get why you're not, but I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with it.
I usually have center ice and it only seems to blackout games that are on another channel already .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I changed to Spectrum, not that big a jump from Hulu, really, since I had Spectrum internet. Compared to ATT, and was a better deal. The big decision was between levels, paying a bunch more per month to get the four total FS2 games, which seemed a bit extreme, even for me.

More good news, as an STH I opted out of this year. Turns out, they gave long standing STH a deal on suites for half the games, to help spread out the crowd, so I am going Friday night, courtesy of a buddy who will also let me buy 2 of the suite seats per game, as many as I want, all while being partially sheltered. Would have been the first opening night I had missed in 24 years! (Maybe second, think I was out of town for one of them)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

This season you should be good since Dallas doesn’t play against any of the Canadian teams.

The couple games on SN might be blacked out though. Local peeps can confirm this.

Reactions: Bfantz

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the opening roster.

Benn-Hintz-Gurianov
Kiviranta-Pavelski-Radulov
Cogliano-Faksa-Dellandrea
Caamano-Dickinson-Robertson
Comeau
Dowling

Lindell-klingberg
Oleksiak-heiskanen
Sekera-Pysyk
Hanley, Fedun

Khudobin
Oettinger

Taxi:
Gardner, Kero, L'Esperance
Harley
Point, Bow

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Not exactly.

Like @Kipper 17 said, you would get blacked out by the Canadian team in the region you live in if the Stars played them unless the game was broadcast nationally on Sportsnet or CBC. So for me, if the Stars play Winnipeg and it's being broadcast on TSN who has the Jets' rights, it will not be on NHL.tv. When I said "all" Stars games, that wasn't completely accurate. However for this season, it won't be a problem for me personally as the Stars do not play the Jets.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Not exactly.

Like @Kipper 17 said, you would get blacked out by the Canadian team in the region you live in if the Stars played them unless the game was broadcast nationally on Sportsnet or CBC. So if the Stars play Winnipeg and it's being broadcast on TSN who has the Jets' rights, it will not be on NHL.tv in the Jets region. When I said "all" Stars game, that wasn't completely accurate. However for this season, it won't be a problem for me personally as the Stars do not play the Jets.
Yes. But I would have access to it on tsn or sports net etc. So it’s gonna be on nhl tv or Canadian broadcast , one or the other ?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yes. But I would have access to it on tsn or sports net etc. So it’s gonna be on nhl tv or Canadian broadcast , one or the other ?

If you have your regional TSN channel, your regional Sportsnet channel AND NHL.tv then yes you should get every game. If I am understanding your question properly. I know the odd time a game will need to be shown on Sportnet One or Sportsnet 360 which not everyone subscribes to but I don't think they are generally regional games so they would be on NHL.tv if you don't have those channels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bfantz

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Free to go back to Finland, yes.

I hope this finally puts an end to the “but look at Honka’s zone entries” nonsense. Dude was a bust of a pick. An offensive defenseman who generates no offense and plays no defense isn’t an NHL player.

I mean he did that before. He came back because he wants to play in the NHL . Is he good enough for that ? Has not been so far and probably won't ever but he didn't sign another deal with the Stars to go back to Finland right away. He probably hopes someone picks him up and he gets a chance there. Will that happen ? Could be or maybe he doesn't like Ho-Sang ( who was also a 2014 1st rounder )

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Local games are blacked out (unless you use a VPN). So if you live in Calgary, most of the games against the Flames would be blacked out.
I don’t think we’re allowed to post links, but if you search for streams on Reddit, you should be able to find multiple links to watch without needing a VPN. I’ve saved a couple options and plan on casting games from my computer to smart tv. Not as convenient as throwing YouTube TV on, but I should be able to watch until Sinclair stops their bullshit.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I mean he did that before. He came back because he wants to play in the NHL . Is he good enough for that ? Has not been so far and probably won't ever but he didn't sign another deal with the Stars to go back to Finland right away. He probably hopes someone picks him up and he gets a chance there. Will that happen ? Could be or maybe he doesn't like Ho-Sang ( who was also a 2014 1st rounder )
I’m sure he wants to play in the NHL, but so do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad