Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Can we all agree that #FreeHonka is dead, and you deserve shame and mockery for continued use?

It sucks for him, but DeFranks did make it sound like Dallas would not prioritize his development. Instead, guys like Gleason and Shea would get prime minutes on the PP and in offensive situation if he were assigned to Texas. If Harley spent significant time in Texas, that would further push him down the depth charts.

There is a possibility for a trade at least now. Maybe there's a team that wants him for their Taxi Squad, and they didn't want to risk him on waivers. It's not uncommon to see a guy who clears waivers get traded immediately after. Nill won't be getting his 3rd round pick or whatever it was he wanted. He'll likely end up getting a conditional 7th that turns into nothing if a trade happens.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Its been clear for a while Honka is not in the Stars plans anymore and the lines he was put in during training camp made it very clear that he is very low on the Stars depth chart behind alot of guys still considered prospects.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Klingberg is out which is potentially concerning. Hopefully Bones will have good news when he speaks to the media. The nature of the climate in the NHL right now makes you a pucker a bit anytime someone misses a practice. Usually in the past I would just assume a maintenance day for the most part.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Down to 3 goalies. I think Honka will be put on the taxi squad in his place.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Klingberg can't play it looks like there will be 5 rookies in the lineup + the backup goalie is also a rookie.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

But I was told by these charts Honka was a great dman and should be picked up...Stars just need to play him like the #1 dman he is!

Micah needs to look at his charts. Honka plays RD and in damn near every one of these charts the right side looks far worse than the left. It's almost like Honka's D partners realize what an anchor he is and try extra hard.

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Capfriendly.com has the official taxi squad now.
Gardner, Kero, L'Esperance, Harley, Honka, Bow

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gardner will probably send to the AHL once Comeau comes back and Harley will play if Klinger is out tomorow . When the AHL season starts there also will probably be some changes. Can't see Harley staying taxi squad for long. He needs to play somewhere. Same with Dellandrea who probably will be out of the lineup when Comeau is back.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also imagine at least one of Fedun/Hanley gets waived at some point and put in the taxi squad . 8 defenseman currently on the active roster . I know Nill loves this shit but still.

Reactions: Smelling Salt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad