Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My We’re Not Going Home review. As said on the Ticket, watch it on YouTube because they don’t bleep anything

- Interesting to see guys taking their gear off after a game and stuffing it in equipment bags because they had to clear out of the room quickly. Made it look like a beer league game.
- The show has to blow through each game in about 30 seconds. Trying to give a lot of time to 27 games in a 60 minute program is tough.
- The road dressing room in Edmonton is very spare.
- Euro hockey players sure don’t look like pro athletes when playing basketball.
- Heard more from Jamie Benn in this video than I’ve heard from him in any interview over the past five years. I know he hated the shit he took after the jokes about the Sedins, but he’d do himself a lot of good if he’d open up even a little. He clearly has personality. It’s also funny that, when he’s speaking more naturally and not thinking of the cameras, he also sounds more Canadian.
- Bowness is very much the cool and supportive uncle or grandpa more than coach.
- Kiviranta’s game seven is still a ton of fun.
- The camera loves Khudobin. He really needs a reality show.
- Some of these guys are serious about their video games.
- Klingberg is in serious need of some front teeth.

Good to watch overall.

Last edited:

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Random question - does anyone know if they’ll ever sell Winter Classic jerseys again? Can’t find them anywhere but eBay.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dellandrea is sticking with the same linemates which includes future Dallas Star draft pick Brad Lambert. Just in case ... Honka is Julus' younger brother (Carolina pick). Dallas' Honka is on a different team.

Reactions: Johno

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ty Dellandrea has his first point in Liiga. He assisted on phenom Brad Lambert's goal. Game is in the 2nd period right now.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh damn ... pretty goal, but that's purely an individual effort. Dellandrea isn't even in the video ... lol.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Pat Maroon on shooting the puck into the Dallas bench during the SCF. It's interesting that he admits Cooper lit him up for it.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
JYP loses big. They have 1 win in their last 9 games, and Dellandrea has been in the last 3 games for losses. He has an assist so far in those 3 games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I love Google translate ...

Honka picked up an assist today, but he also got a 2 minute penalty for violence.

The Liiga sucks when it comes to videos. They seem to be pretty rare unless it's a big name like Lambert's goal yesterday. Well ... they actually seem to be the best in terms of videos. I should be more specific and say it sucks that unlike the SHL, they block videos from playing outside of their region.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
According to Twitter, Dellandrea took a pretty rough hit, but he was able to return to the game. Last thing Dallas needs is an injury in Finland. If it's not him, Dowling probably replaces Seguin to start the season.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
According to Twitter, Dellandrea took a pretty rough hit, but he was able to return to the game. Last thing Dallas needs is an injury in Finland. If it's not him, Dowling probably replaces Seguin to start the season.
Sounds encouraging.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
A similar jersey as Dallas' 3rd (color) in the KHL. It does look good on the ice:

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I’ve come around on the alternates. It’s not what I personally hoped for, but after seeing them in person I think they’re actually going to look sick. Can’t wait to see them on the ice.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Hope I don’t get screwed but took a chance on this winter classic on eBay; $90.
8C586A2F-15BC-4867-B4A0-B81A642A9C0D.jpeg
1745DB3E-361A-44F5-9B82-1E62AA0CF93F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hope I don’t get screwed but took a chance on this winter classic on eBay; $90.View attachment 377248 View attachment 377249

The C on the chest as well as the logo look a bit odd, but I'm no expert on jerseys being fake or not.

I checked the listing and based on that, it's definitely just a replica/knock-off, but hopefully for your sake it is a quality one haha. Key thing is they never once mention "Adidas", meaning it's not an official product. On the bright side, it does say they allow returns

Last edited:
Reactions: Dynamite Time

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not a ton to be optimistic about right now. 2 NHL teams have COVID cases, Team Canada had to shut down camp as all involved have been exposed to COVID, and the NHL and NHLPA haven't spoken in a week since the owners asked for even greater financial concessions from the players.

On a personal note ... I don't have access to Fox Sports anyway as it seems every freaking streaming service now is no longer carrying regional channels from Sinclair.

There's no way in hell I was ever going to a game soon, but I was definitely incorrectly optimistic about NFL teams being somewhat successful with fans in the building. I was also cautiously optimistic about the success the SHL and Liiga have had keeping games going despite the problems for the Q. The NHL had said they wanted to watch and learn from those European leagues, and right now it only seems the KHL has struggled with COVID cases.

It's definitely not the time to panic, but I don't feel really confident in the NHL right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad