Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb IV

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Why are the Flames trying to move Hanifin? Their top LD is 37 years old. Hanifin may never be that top-pair D-man he was projected to be, but he's still a solid all-around D-man. Just sounds like Murphy tossing crap at a wall for clicks and subscriptions.
While that may be true, I am starved for anything hockey. I think Hanafin would be a great addition to the Bruins blue line, just not at the perceived cost

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins re-sign defenseman Kevan Miller to one-year deal

The deal was first reported by Boston Hockey Now's Jimmy Murphy,

Murphy has contacts around Boston, just like Eklund has contacts around Philly. I don't really consider either guy as a legit source of info to go to because their rumors tend to be more throwing shit on a dartboard and hoping it sticks or sensationalized, false crap ( like when Murphy floated the rumor that Kessel was out because of drinking/drugs when really it was for his cancer treatment ). I think both guys know just enough people to keep themselves employed, which is unfortunate because they're both schmucks.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Murphy has contacts around Boston, just like Eklund has contacts around Philly. I don't really consider either guy as a legit source of info to go to because their rumors tend to be more throwing shit on a dartboard and hoping it sticks or sensationalized, false crap ( like when Murphy floated the rumor that Kessel was out because of drinking/drugs when really it was for his cancer treatment ). I think both guys know just enough people to keep themselves employed, which is unfortunate because they're both schmucks.

At this stage I will believe any schmuck.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Murphy has a very effective magic 8 ball

I’m a Hanifan guy but I want my twin tower second D and am confident a
Lauzon 6’3
Carlo 6’5
D
Could be very very good

both high draft picks

I’m also good with
Grzelcyk-McAvoy

start Towers in D zone
BU boys in O

zboril-Miller/Clifton
Moore & Vaakanainen
Extra

Not sure what Calgary wants
DeBrusk
Vaakanainen
Moore
???

Bennett
Hanifan

interest me

Reactions: PB37 and Absurdity

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Guys,

Please explain all the love for Bennett here? Where is he going to play and with who?

Thx

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Murphy has a very effective magic 8 ball

I’m a Hanifan guy but I want my twin tower second D and am confident a
Lauzon 6’3
Carlo 6’5
D
Could be very very good

both high draft picks

I’m also good with
Grzelcyk-McAvoy

start Towers in D zone
BU boys in O

zboril-Miller/Clifton
Moore & Vaakanainen
Extra

Not sure what Calgary wants
DeBrusk
Vaakanainen
Moore
???

Bennett
Hanifan

interest me
I wonder if Calgary would want Carlo? This would kill your Twin Tower dream, but Hanifin would be a good add. Debrusk and Carlo for Hanifin and Bennett?

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Why are the Flames trying to move Hanifin? Their top LD is 37 years old. Hanifin may never be that top-pair D-man he was projected to be, but he's still a solid all-around D-man. Just sounds like Murphy tossing crap at a wall for clicks and subscriptions.
They consider him the off man out. Gio could be 100 it doesn’t matter....he ain’t getting traded. He’s like their Santa
claus out there think how people here view Z and multiply it by a lot and I’m not kidding. They also really really believe in Valimaki and Kylington. They are both young and cheap and personally I don’t think Kylington had looked the part yet but they are both elite prospects. Hanifin gets paid just enough where it makes him movable in their eyes

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Trade talk is fun
Hanifin has tools... might put it all together
Bennett can play

Calgary is a team disappointed the past couple years and looking to shake things up

To me... i see the fit for us.
I dont really see the fit for calgary

If im wtong then i welcome the deal. Make it happen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Calgary would want Carlo? This would kill your Twin Tower dream, but Hanifin would be a good add. Debrusk and Carlo for Hanifin and Bennett?
I think you could give Vaakanainen +
I think Lauzon makes Carlo play more aggressive

I want a big f***ing tough team

I love Bennett

when Calgary was in last year or year before I watched every seco g of his shifts - just blows my mind this guy came in as a scorer and couldn’t do 1 pull up at draft test

he’s a tough hard nosed guy

He could probably play up but regardless he’s going to rock you

I’d absolutely do Debrusk Vaakanainen + for Hanifin & Bennett

maybe add Sensyshyn to give him a chance

I’m rooting for Ritchie to report in great shape and have the skating coach constantly work with him to pick up a step

he needs to be a bit meaner and quicker

Ritchie -Coyle - Smith

is a big line and all 3 have good hands

The Ritchie hate was bothersome

Reactions: PB37 and Don Cherry

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think you could give Vaakanainen +
I think Lauzon makes Carlo play more aggressive

I want a big f***ing tough team

I love Bennett

when Calgary was in last year or year before I watched every seco g of his shifts - just blows my mind this guy came in as a scorer and couldn’t do 1 pull up at draft test

he’s a tough hard nosed guy

He could probably play up but regardless he’s going to rock you

I’d absolutely do Debrusk Vaakanainen + for Hanifin & Bennett

maybe add Sensyshyn to give him a chance

I’m rooting for Ritchie to report in great shape and have the skating coach constantly work with him to pick up a step

he needs to be a bit meaner and quicker

Ritchie -Coyle - Smith

is a big line and all 3 have good hands

The Ritchie hate was bothersome
I found the Ritchie hate from Cassidy bothersome. He cared enough to play big and mean vs Tampa only to be benched by Cassidy the next game.
Why Ritchies play is so hated here is beyond me. Why these Ritchie haters love the play of a stiff like Par Lindholm is also hard to understand. People are so ready and eager to turn on a guy who even looks tough. I think there are maybe six posters other than myself who want a big, tough team.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Trade talk is fun
Hanifin has tools... might put it all together
Bennett can play

Calgary is a team disappointed the past couple years and looking to shake things up

To me... i see the fit for us.
I dont really see the fit for calgary

If im wtong then i welcome the deal. Make it happen
I do that deal in a second . I wouldn’t even flinch

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I found the Ritchie hate from Cassidy bothersome. He cared enough to play big and mean vs Tampa only to be benched by Cassidy the next game.
Why Ritchies play is so hated here is beyond me. Why these Ritchie haters love the play of a stiff like Par Lindholm is also hard to understand. People are so ready and eager to turn on a guy who even looks tough. I think there are maybe six posters other than myself who want a big, tough team.
I like Ritchie

I’d like to see skating coach Kim Brandvold work with him.

He needs to pick up a step and he will be fine

he needs to put the flip flops and top of the Jeep off ways of Anaheim and get in Boston hockey mode

the guy has excellent hands and solid hockey sense

Whip him into shape and explain to him his role

go to net play physical, if Tom Wilson wants to run around engage him

put him on third line LW

Ritchie -Coyle-Smith

that is a big line with 3 Guys who have good hands

Frederic-Kuraly - Wagner

The bottom 2 lines has size and jam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad