Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb IV

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
If we sign Hall and end up keeping Debrusk, trading Kase and Ritchie for picks. That still leaves room for 3 of Studnicka, Senyshyn, Zboril, Frédéric.
We end up with 4 solid lines
March Bergy Pasta
Hall Krecji Smith
Debrusk Coyle Studnicka
Kuraly Wagner Frédéric
What’s not to like? Instant cup favorites

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Ya I’m not sure I like the idea of Dadonov with players like Toffoli and Hoffman still available. All depends on the $$$

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
With AP being in a bind and Vegas trying desperately to cut cap space to bring the big fish home, I wonder if there is an out of the box type deal to do with them leveraging JJ and the coffers (assuming there is still gold in his Fort Knox...)

Krejci / Clifton - maybe a prospect in addition... for Karlsson / Fleury - maybe a pick on top. Fleury is then bought out. This gives them a short term production replacement for Karlsson and gives the space to sign AP. It's an all-in deal for them but it gives them the best chance to win with their core in 20-21 and provides some additional depth. Maybe we need to add a bit with a yute...

A hockey trade and a money dump (we carry 2M for 4 years so not great but we get the transition from Krejci/Bergeron in motion without losing significant quality and another cost controlled top 6). Leaves room to sign the RFA pool and take a swing at a couple LD to improve the depth.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
With AP being in a bind and Vegas trying desperately to cut cap space to bring the big fish home, I wonder if there is an out of the box type deal to do with them leveraging JJ and the coffers (assuming there is still gold in his Fort Knox...)

Krejci / Clifton - maybe a prospect in addition... for Karlsson / Fleury - maybe a pick on top. Fleury is then bought out. This gives them a short term production replacement for Karlsson and gives the space to sign AP. It's an all-in deal for them but it gives them the best chance to win with their core in 20-21 and provides some additional depth. Maybe we need to add a bit with a yute...

A hockey trade and a money dump (we carry 2M for 4 years so not great but we get the transition from Krejci/Bergeron in motion without losing significant quality and another cost controlled top 6). Leaves room to sign the RFA pool and take a swing at a couple LD to improve the depth.
Think they would pay to dump Fleury, but no way they are taking Karlsson out and replacing him with UFA Krejci to do so. They have plenty of picks and prospects to incentivize taking Fleury if they need to.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Broken record here, Dadanov sucks easily one of the most pushed around players on a soft panthers team. Guy shoots once and gives up. He would be the whipping post here first week.

As opposed to previous "solutions" like Matt Beleskey and David Backes who were not easily pushed around and still didn't score and became whipping boys almost as soon as the ink on the contract dried?

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Think they would pay to dump Fleury, but no way they are taking Karlsson out and replacing him with UFA Krejci to do so. They have plenty of picks and prospects to incentivize taking Fleury if they need to.

So what do we need to add? Basically they are getting AP + Krejci + RD depth for Karlsson (legit #2) and a $7M dump to get AP as a N°1 not having to trade away the rest. Creates a hole in C beyond next year for sure. Jut thinking outside the box as the way the B's are built right now there is no way to keep the "roll 4 lines" depth and have a decent D so either they need to stack the top 6 and top 4 and change their mindset to match a checking / grit bottom 6, or accept there are going to be very unfortunate matchups on the bottm 6 and 3rd pairing that will expose them in a long playoff run.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
As opposed to previous "solutions" like Matt Beleskey and David Backes who were not easily pushed around and still didn't score and became whipping boys almost as soon as the ink on the contract dried?
Both types of players can be the wrong type to spend money on. One being bad for the team doesn't make the opposite good.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Both types of players can be the wrong type to spend money on. One being bad for the team doesn't make the opposite good.

True enough, but the player you seem to want is really difficult to find- a big power forward that plays tough, has good hands, and can score goals. How many guys like that are out there with the kind of skill level needed for a top 6 role? In lieu of finding that unicorn (because Backes, Beleskey, Hayes were serious attempts to find that) I'd prefer they went the softer but more skilled road. Dadonov may be soft and passive and play meh defensively, but his one job would be to put the puck in the net and that he can do. Being soft on a soft team did not stop him from putting up 25 goals (and 28 each of the two years before that). That is what the Bruins need more than anything if they don't want to be a one line team.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ya I’m not sure I like the idea of Dadonov with players like Toffoli and Hoffman still available. All depends on the $$$

I'd agree it depends on the money and term, and Dadanov is no Taylor Hall, but I'd take Dadaov 7 days a week over Toffoli. He is a much better offensive player

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Just spitballing here. If Hall signs trade Bjork with Moore to a team for a draft pick. I’m sure somebody would take this deal. Than trade Ritchie and Vaakanainen to Vegas for Nate Schmidt.

try to re-sign both DeBrusk and Grzelcyk

not sure if there is enough money to make this work but the lines for me would look like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Kuraly-Studnicka-Wagner

Studnicka gets worked in as a centre and ready for 2nd/3rd line duties when Krejci walks as a UFA.

Schmidt-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon/Clifton
Zboril

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Just spitballing here. If Hall signs trade Bjork with Moore to a team for a draft pick. I’m sure somebody would take this deal. Than trade Ritchie and Vaakanainen to Vegas for Nate Schmidt.

try to re-sign both DeBrusk and Grzelcyk

not sure if there is enough money to make this work but the lines for me would look like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Kuraly-Studnicka-Wagner

Studnicka gets worked in as a centre and ready for 2nd/3rd line duties when Krejci walks as a UFA.

Schmidt-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon/Clifton
Zboril
I would start with adding Schmidt to be honest. Guy is fantastic

Reactions: kdog82

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Figured I hear some news of hall signing today? Maybe he is frustrated that number 4 isn’t available in Boston ?

Reactions: Blinny

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Wow why does he want to be in buffalo? Looks like he took highest amount he could get in one year with covid conditions, and then be a UFA next year again for a big contract with someone... sure isn’t about winning next year for him. Think he take a 4-5 from Boston or less from Colorado if he wanted to just win

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad