Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb IV

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I found the Ritchie hate from Cassidy bothersome. He cared enough to play big and mean vs Tampa only to be benched by Cassidy the next game.
Why Ritchies play is so hated here is beyond me. Why these Ritchie haters love the play of a stiff like Par Lindholm is also hard to understand. People are so ready and eager to turn on a guy who even looks tough. I think there are maybe six posters other than myself who want a big, tough team.

It isn't that people don't want a big tough team, just that the big tough team needs to be able to play. Ritchie pretty much has sucked for the Bruins with one or two bright spots in the resume. His skating is terrible and as a result, he is behind the play and unable to contribute. He needs another gear and greater engagement. He is a good player when he is fired up and moving his feet. Backes was a big tough player too and had the same issues at the end- unable to skate well enough to play the style Cassidy has the team playing even though his head and hands were still good. I'm all for Ritchie getting another crack at it here- the situation was not ideal for him (or Kase for that matter). But @DKH is right, he needs to up the intensity level and get some skating work done and be ready to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad